Heya all.

My battery life is very bad compared to you guys judging from your batery life screen shots.

I've even seen 8 hours of screen time on some guys battery info.

So today I compared my battery life stats with a Xperia z2 of a friend and was suprised that android os consumptions wasn't even listed on his phone.

Is this consumption seems right?

I use Google keeps location based notifications I never turn off sync nor Wi fi nor mobile connection.

Any thoughts ?

Edit: I was on nearly 3 hrs of screen time when I posted this and was at 14%

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails battery life advices-screenshot_2015-03-31-17-06-48.jpg  
    03-31-2015 10:11 AM
    Heya all.

My battery life is very bad compared to you guys judging from your batery life screen shots.

I've even seen 8 hours of screen time on some guys battery info.

So today I compared my battery life stats with a Xperia z2 of a friend and was suprised that android os consumptions wasn't even listed on his phone.

Is this consumption seems right?

I use Google keeps location based notifications I never turn off sync nor Wi fi nor mobile connection.

Any thoughts ?

Edit: I was on nearly 3 hrs of screen time when I posted this and was at 14%

Google location services could be the issue, it can cause your battery to go down.
    03-31-2015 11:28 AM
    Show us a few more stats:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

How new is the phone and the battery? Do you routinely drain the phone to single digits before recharging? If so, that can reduce the overall lifespan of the battery. In general, try not to let the battery get much below 40% on a regular basis.
    03-31-2015 11:39 AM
    Thansk for the answers.

Show us a few more stats:

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
    2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
    3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
    4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

How new is the phone and the battery? Do you routinely drain the phone to single digits before recharging? If so, that can reduce the overall lifespan of the battery. In general, try not to let the battery get much below 40% on a regular basis.
    I get the same usage percentages every single day, this is not a new issue for me. But will post it again tomorrow with more detail.

I ordered 2 back up batteries with a charger in order to overcome this battery issue anyway but I wonder if there is more i can do.

I generally use the battery till it is nearly empty as I am generally outside. Phone is 4 months old.

Thank you for your help, I will post again tomorrow.
    03-31-2015 12:16 PM
    I generally use the battery till it is nearly empty as I am generally outside. Phone is 4 months old.
    This might be your main problem. Constant deep discharges shorten battery life. See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ml#post4271880
    03-31-2015 12:35 PM
    This might be your main problem. Constant deep discharges shorten battery life. See this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...ml#post4271880
    Thanks. I will look into in now.

Aside from the physical wear of battery any idea about the android OS & android system battery drains ? Do you have these consumption stats on your phone too?

03-31-2015 12:50 PM
    Those percentages look normal to me. The percent use of the OS and System is usually anywhere between 15% and 25%.
    03-31-2015 12:57 PM