I have an unusual problem. Photos that are saved in the photo gallery on my phone that are in vertical orientation are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when I share them. I shared a photo via HootSuite from my phone, and it came out rotated 90 degrees to the left on my social media streams. Of course I blamed HootSuite and have been beating on them to fix the problem. Then, last night I shared another photo via a blog input form, but I also did this from my phone. And guess what? The photo sent from my phone is no rotated 90 degrees to the left. this has happened on more than one photo. all photos were originally taken in vertical format, and sent to my cell phone via email or text, and then saved to my gallery. any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2015 09:55 AM
    I have an unusual problem. Photos that are saved in the photo gallery on my phone that are in vertical orientation are rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise when I share them. I shared a photo via HootSuite from my phone, and it came out rotated 90 degrees to the left on my social media streams. Of course I blamed HootSuite and have been beating on them to fix the problem. Then, last night I shared another photo via a blog input form, but I also did this from my phone. And guess what? The photo sent from my phone is no rotated 90 degrees to the left. this has happened on more than one photo. all photos were originally taken in vertical format, and sent to my cell phone via email or text, and then saved to my gallery. any ideas?

Try editing the photo by cropping it a bit.

Note in my house!
    03-31-2015 09:59 AM
    Try editing the photo by cropping it a bit.

Note in my house!
    That works! I saw some other posts suggesting same thing... That's really annoying though, & I hope whatever is corrupting that metadata gets fixed.

03-31-2015 03:41 PM