I am having problems with taking and retrieving pictures/videos + WiFi issues

blakesea

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I got my Note 4 just after it came out on October 27th, 2014. Initially, I was quite happy with it. Then after the first month or so, I began having issues with the camera. I can take pictures and videos, BUT when I access gallery to check them out, there is a blank icon where the media should be, which if I click on states "Media not supported".
On the other hand, if I use an app to take the same picture or video, it saves internally to that app and is viewable and sharable.
As an example of the apps that access the camera mode and work...
1. CamScan
2. FaceBook
3. Screenshots
I have talked to the vender where I got the handset, but they are mystified. I finally decided to get off my lazy a$$ and post an inquiry to see if any of you had any thoughts.
Second Problem: WiFi
My wifi generally works, except at the office!!!
I work for medium size municipality in Canada, population 500K with around 8K employees. Every city site has WiFi. When prompted, I go through the process of connecting to the WiFi and receive the message that I-AM-CONNECTED-!
But, I'm NOT! When I click onto the internet or any app that relies on the internet, the message pops up: You are NOT connected to the Internet. I go to settings, click on WiFi... and it say I am!!! So.... WTF? The WiFi works at anyother WiFi site, at home, at my parents, free WiFi provided by various retailers, at the Hospitals (I am a Paramedic, so I travel between hospitals, City owned/operated Ambulance Stations).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the camera app saving to Internal Storage or to the microSD card? If the latter, the card might be corrupt--try a different one.

Does the public wi-fi require any other kind of sign-in or acceptance of terms?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you saving pictures from the stock camera to SD card? If so, it may be an issue with the card, not the camera... I've seen A LOT of SD cards go bad on Samsung devices, to be honest.

As for the WiFi issue, does your work have any kind of log-in page for it? Not the password to connect to the hotspot, but a landing page to actually connect to Internet? Do you know anyone else there with a Note 4 and do theirs work? Might be an issue with the router (yes, caused by the phone, but the router might be at fault). Sometimes updating the router can help, but you'd have to to talk to IT for that. Also try disabling the Smart Network Switch on your WiFi settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton