Capitalization with Google Voice?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I love Google Voice! But you can't get it to capitalize unless it feels like it... :) anyway, I saw a post where someone said that if you use the word "cap" in front of the word you wanted to capitalize and "all caps," "no caps", you could get Google Voice to capitalize as you requested. It absolutely does not work on my phone, which is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with KitKat 4.4. 4 on Verizon. any ideas on that?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Whoever made that post was probably smoking some really good stuff. Dragon Naturally Speaking will capitalize, punctuate, start new paragraphs - it's a human transcriptionist in a program. But GV and S Voice and apps like that just turn speech into text - "cap hello" doesn't become "Hello", it becomes "cap hello".

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Whoever made that post was probably smoking some really good stuff. Dragon Naturally Speaking will capitalize, punctuate, start new paragraphs - it's a human transcriptionist in a program. But GV and S Voice and apps like that just turn speech into text - "cap hello" doesn't become "Hello", it becomes "cap hello".

Yes, I actually have dragon naturally speaking, and I often find myself forgetting that I'm talking to my phone, and use dragon lingo, and it definitely does not work... :) I do hope that for simple things like capitalization, quotation marks, etcetera., that Google Voice will at least add a few formatting commands. I will keep my fingers crossed! I would think that they would read the comments on this forum.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki