Factory data reset helped after lollipop update

ahutchga1972

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I resisted doing a factory reset after the Lollipop update. But I was getting lag and no longer getting email alerts.

So I reset yesterday and everything is smoother than ever.

Posted via the Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: I have to admit...

I resisted doing a factory reset after the Lollipop update. But I was getting lag and no longer getting email alerts.

Thank you for your post!! :cool: So many people resist the factory reset and then hate their phones.

Good job!!

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

That is the way to go

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Only negative side effect - before the factory reset MobileIron accepted fingerprint reading as an unlock method. It wasn't there in KitKat but I checked it after the Lollipop upgrade and it was there. Now, I need to go back to a password. :'(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Glad to hear that fixed it for you :) . I've been recommending this to friends as well who've updated.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm up in the air about doing this and losing everything. I'm getting worse battery life than before. Not sure how much of a difference it would make for me as far as battery life goes.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm up in the air about doing this and losing everything. I'm getting worse battery life than before. Not sure how much of a difference it would make for me as far as battery life goes.

Your battery life should be better than kitkat after a factory reset.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: I have to admit...factory data reset helped after lollipop update

I've noticed my Note 4 is laggy after the Lollipop update on AT&T. I think I'll do a restore now avid see how it goes.

grimister

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site

Yep same here on a ATT version of the phone and everything better after the reset which i also resisted

AmBieMZ

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

My phone is faster than ever after lollipop update.. though the battery life sucks..

Posted via Note 4

Aaron Kanelopoulos

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site

Ok. So after the update my touch screen would not pick up my finger touching it. It would work with the stylus. Did a reboot and seemed to fix almost all my issues. I agree with the battery life being way worst. So what happens when you do the factory reset? Loss of all apps? Reverts back to Kit Kat OS? Loss of all pictures? On AT&T running 5.0.1 I like some things and other things I am like whaaaa?????

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

Ok. So after the update my touch screen would not pick up my finger touching it. It would work with the stylus. Did a reboot and seemed to fix almost all my issues. I agree with the battery life being way worst. So what happens when you do the factory reset? Loss of all apps? Reverts back to Kit Kat OS? Loss of all pictures? On AT&T running 5.0.1 I like some things and other things I am like whaaaa?????

Doesn't go back to kitkat. Removes all installed programs that you have downloaded. Removes videos and pictures you have taken stored on the phone. SD card stuff is unaffected. Removes contacts.

Do a backup of your stuff on Kies before the reset and then restore it back.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I updated to Lollipop this morning and haven't needed to do a factory reset. I did clear the cache partition though. Everything looking good so far.

rahul.sharma

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site

I updated to Lollipop this morning and haven't needed to do a factory reset. I did clear the cache partition though. Everything looking good so far.

How do you do that?