04-10-2015 04:46 PM
51 123
tools
    I resisted doing a factory reset after the Lollipop update. But I was getting lag and no longer getting email alerts.

So I reset yesterday and everything is smoother than ever.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 09:36 AM
    Forgot to add, I have ATT.

Linebarrel86 likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:36 AM
    Forgot to add, I have ATT.

I haven't really had any problems with Lollipop, but I'm giving it a try hoping it will solve the GPS issues, which seem to be getting worse. Also on AT&T.
    Linebarrel86 likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:42 AM
    I resisted doing a factory reset after the Lollipop update. But I was getting lag and no longer getting email alerts.

Thank you for your post!! So many people resist the factory reset and then hate their phones.

Good job!!
    geekaren likes this.
    04-01-2015 11:49 AM

That is the way to go
    04-01-2015 12:24 PM
    Only negative side effect - before the factory reset MobileIron accepted fingerprint reading as an unlock method. It wasn't there in KitKat but I checked it after the Lollipop upgrade and it was there. Now, I need to go back to a password.
    04-01-2015 12:28 PM
    Thank you for your post!! So many people resist the factory reset and then hate their phones.

Good job!!
    One dude even spent $1000 on a iPhone instead of just factory resetting.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    04-01-2015 05:07 PM
    Glad to hear that fixed it for you . I've been recommending this to friends as well who've updated.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-01-2015 05:30 PM
    I read that thread.

04-01-2015 05:49 PM

Yep that was pure unadulterated craziness.

Tony tata and pantlesspenguin like this.
    04-01-2015 07:07 PM
    I'm up in the air about doing this and losing everything. I'm getting worse battery life than before. Not sure how much of a difference it would make for me as far as battery life goes.
    04-01-2015 07:40 PM
    I'm up in the air about doing this and losing everything. I'm getting worse battery life than before. Not sure how much of a difference it would make for me as far as battery life goes.
    Your battery life should be better than kitkat after a factory reset.

04-02-2015 01:03 AM

I've noticed my Note 4 is laggy after the Lollipop update on AT&T. I think I'll do a restore now avid see how it goes.

skatergirl likes this.
    04-02-2015 01:34 AM

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Sent from my mobile device
    04-02-2015 02:20 AM
    Yep same here on a ATT version of the phone and everything better after the reset which i also resisted
    04-02-2015 04:00 AM
    My phone is faster than ever after lollipop update.. though the battery life sucks..

Posted via Note 4
    04-02-2015 05:06 AM
    Ok. So after the update my touch screen would not pick up my finger touching it. It would work with the stylus. Did a reboot and seemed to fix almost all my issues. I agree with the battery life being way worst. So what happens when you do the factory reset? Loss of all apps? Reverts back to Kit Kat OS? Loss of all pictures? On AT&T running 5.0.1 I like some things and other things I am like whaaaa?????

04-02-2015 05:07 AM
    Ok. So after the update my touch screen would not pick up my finger touching it. It would work with the stylus. Did a reboot and seemed to fix almost all my issues. I agree with the battery life being way worst. So what happens when you do the factory reset? Loss of all apps? Reverts back to Kit Kat OS? Loss of all pictures? On AT&T running 5.0.1 I like some things and other things I am like whaaaa?????

Doesn't go back to kitkat. Removes all installed programs that you have downloaded. Removes videos and pictures you have taken stored on the phone. SD card stuff is unaffected. Removes contacts.

Do a backup of your stuff on Kies before the reset and then restore it back.

04-02-2015 08:23 AM
    I updated to Lollipop this morning and haven't needed to do a factory reset. I did clear the cache partition though. Everything looking good so far.

04-02-2015 08:26 AM
    I updated to Lollipop this morning and haven't needed to do a factory reset. I did clear the cache partition though. Everything looking good so far.

How do you do that?

04-02-2015 10:25 AM
    Doesn't go back to kitkat. Removes all installed programs that you have downloaded. Removes videos and pictures you have taken stored on the phone. SD card stuff is unaffected. Removes contacts.

Do a backup of your stuff on Kies before the reset and then restore it back.

I might have to wait a bit before I do a restore. Kies keeps crashing when I try to back up. I think it needs an update to be compatible with Yosemite on Mac.

04-02-2015 10:31 AM
    Try BOC5. I installed BOC3 earlier and although it was really fast but device would get hot if I user it for extended periods and hence battery took a hit. This BOC5 is alot better.. been on it for almost 4 hrs and didn't feel it getting hot.. battery life is better but I guess I wud find out for sure after a full days use

Posted via Note 4
    04-02-2015 10:37 AM
    How do you do that?

Turn phone off.

Press and hold the home key.

Press and hold the up volume button.

Press the power button.

On that menu yet get use the volume keys to scroll down to the cache partition wipe and then press the power button.

It'll take a second to wipe the partition.

Eject the reboot option and away you go.

That should do it.

04-02-2015 12:56 PM
    All of my stuff is in the cloud. All my pics are up on Google, most are in dropbox as well. Same with contacts and e-mail.

After a factory reset, the only pain point I have is waiting for the play store to re-store all my apps and then I have to redo my home screens. Sometimes I take screen shots so I can get them all back just the way I had them, other times I rebuild as I go. My app usage patterns change over time, so it ends up being a nice way to reset my screens to most used apps. I know this isn't true for everybody, but it is the silver lining in my FDR cloud.
    Bobby Stockert likes this.
    04-02-2015 02:05 PM
    All of my stuff is in the cloud. All my pics are up on Google, most are in dropbox as well. Same with contacts and e-mail.

After a factory reset, the only pain point I have is waiting for the play store to re-store all my apps and then I have to redo my home screens. Sometimes I take screen shots so I can get them all back just the way I had them, other times I rebuild as I go. My app usage patterns change over time, so it ends up being a nice way to reset my screens to most used apps. I know this isn't true for everybody, but it is the silver lining in my FDR cloud.
    What about your contacts and the like?

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    04-02-2015 02:28 PM
51 123