05-24-2015 12:52 PM
219 ... 34567 ...
tools
    So far so good. Only problem I am having is my WiFi and 4g are running at the same time.

Anyway to fix that? Already have caller ID VZW app shut off.
    04-03-2015 03:04 PM
    If a tree falls in the woods and no one else is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If Verizon is rolling out Lollipop update and no one has it, how the heck is it rolling out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Downloading now. ..my brother got his this morning

04-03-2015 03:07 PM
    Mine is grayed out!! How do you activate it?
    04-03-2015 03:08 PM
    So far so good. I am loving the HD phone calls. Makes a big difference in my opinion. For everybody wondering where Smart Lock is, go to Security in Settings and then go to Trust Agents. Turn on Smart Lock there and it will show up under the Security settings.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-03-2015 03:14 PM
    I had the play services issue as well. Cleared up on its own. The menus are faster and battery seems better the new before.

I guess time will tell.
    04-03-2015 03:20 PM
    Not the coupon app.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    It was there after a factory reset. Still on kitkat. Coupons, candy crush, cookie jam and something else. I was able to uninstal so its Samsung bloat not baked in Verizon bloat. May be different for lollipop.

04-03-2015 03:22 PM
    nevermind
    04-03-2015 03:24 PM
    So far so good. I am loving the HD phone calls. Makes a big difference in my opinion. For everybody wondering where Smart Lock is, go to Security in Settings and then go to Trust Agents. Turn on Smart Lock there and it will show up under the Security settings.
    Thank you for those directions! I have been waiting for the ability to keep my phone unlocked while on bluetooth. I used to be able to do that with my Maxx. My phone is connected bluetooth to my car stereo. This is going to be great!!
    04-03-2015 03:30 PM
    It was there after a factory reset. Still on kitkat. Coupons, candy crush, cookie jam and something else. I was able to uninstal so its Samsung bloat not baked in Verizon bloat. May be different for lollipop.

If you disable the DT ignite app, then remove those weird apps, those things won't appear again. I think that DT Ignite app allows Verizon to add shortcuts to app downloads automatically to your phone.

04-03-2015 03:35 PM
    So far so good. Only problem I am having is my WiFi and 4g are running at the same time.

Anyway to fix that? Already have caller ID VZW app shut off.
    Hmm...I have the same issue as well.
    04-03-2015 03:36 PM
    Texting is so much faster now soon as you hit send it's done

04-03-2015 03:38 PM
    Yea had to find dt ignite and disable it quick. It was the battery killer on the list
    04-03-2015 03:43 PM
    Thank you for those directions! I have been waiting for the ability to keep my phone unlocked while on bluetooth. I used to be able to do that with my Maxx. My phone is connected bluetooth to my car stereo. This is going to be great!!
    Looking forward to smart lock with my blue tooth too! Can't wait until after I leave the office to set it up lol
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-03-2015 03:43 PM
    Hmm...I have the same issue as well.
    Can't figure it out. I'm disabling crap left and right and no dice lol
    04-03-2015 03:44 PM
    Lollipop sure does take some getting use to but no turning back now...
    Can you enable scrolling wallpaper and is there a way to enable the "ripple effect" or any other effects from the lock screen?

thanks
    04-03-2015 03:45 PM
    Camera shutter is different, and smooth motion can be set as default. Awesome.

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    Where is this smooth motion setting? I cant seem to find it.

thanks
    04-03-2015 03:48 PM
    Lollipop sure does take some getting use to but no turning back now...
    Can you enable scrolling wallpaper and is there a way to enable the "ripple effect" or any other effects from the lock screen?

thanks
    Hmmmm, mine stayed enabled.

Try going into Settings --> Lock screen --> Unlock effect

Unlock effect is all the way at the bottom of the menu.

Don't see a setting for the wall paper. Try one of the stock wall papers as a test.
    04-03-2015 03:49 PM
    Not totally understanding the Show notifications while locked feature. Show all content/Hide sensitive content/Do not show notifications. What is considered sensitive content?
    04-03-2015 03:52 PM
    Hmmmm, mine stayed enabled.

Try going into Settings --> Lock screen --> Unlock effect

Unlock effect is all the way at the bottom of the menu.

Don't see a setting for the wall paper. Try one of the stock wall papers as a test.
    I have it set to use my fingerprint to scan to unlock but im wondering if anytime that you touch the screen while it is locked, you can see a ripple or whatever effect...
    04-03-2015 03:53 PM
    Great, fricken Facebook as added as bloatware that I can't remove now. Ugh, this is why a Nexus is the only way to go for people like me.
    Yeah no kidding. I saw fb pop up after the 1st download. Only let me "disable" it and not "uninstall" it. wack!
    04-03-2015 03:55 PM
    Not totally understanding the Show notifications while locked feature. Show all content/Hide sensitive content/Do not show notifications. What is considered sensitive content?
    Show all content shows a part of the message or email, Hide Sensitive Content just shows that you have a message or email and the last one is self explanatory.
    htc evo 4g likes this.
    04-03-2015 03:55 PM
    When I go into Settings -> Sound and Notifications I keep getting "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Any ideas?

I did clear the Cache.
    04-03-2015 03:58 PM
    Mine shows the effect while it is locked, but I swipe to unlock.

Looks like if you put security on, you lose that feature.
    04-03-2015 04:00 PM
    Show all content shows a part of the message or email, Hide Sensitive Content just shows that you have a message or email and the last one is self explanatory.
    Using Hangouts as my text message app, if I chose "Hide sensitive content", it will say I have a text message but it hides the persons name. Is there a way to have it show the persons name that sent me the message and just hide the text content? "Show all" shows the persons name and entire message...
    04-03-2015 04:19 PM
    Mine shows the effect while it is locked, but I swipe to unlock.

Looks like if you put security on, you lose that feature.
    OK i switched to Swipe to unlock and I see the unlock effect options on the bottom. I see Abstract tiles as an option BUT it is all greyed out so it doesnt allow me to go into that option to change

NM i figured it out. Had to change the wallpaper to one that doesnt move around.
    SteelGator likes this.
    04-03-2015 04:22 PM
219 ... 34567 ...