Verizon Note 4 update

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OMG is all I've got to say.

I've been waiting to get my HD calling back ever since I upgraded in November from my Droid Maxx.

I knew something was going on two days ago when I happened to see the Note 4 listed in a filter on the Verizon page as a phone with Advanced Calling. I spoke to tech support and she all but gave up the information to me. She held her ground and didn't fully divulge, but I could tell she was trying to tell me without telling me.

Wahoo ... Factory reset here I come, lol!

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
For those of us who do not want the upgrade to lollipop, is there any way to stop it? I just got my phone running absolutely perfectly the way I want it, and I realize the only way that lollipop even has a chance at being stable is if I do the complete factory reset after lollipop installs? , and then have to screw around reinstalling all my apps, reentering all the password, and getting everything exactly the way I wanted... again... It actually really makes me angry that I have to accept the update... Please tell me that there is some way to say, thanks, but no thanks :-(

Posted via the Android Central App

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Go to xda forums there's debloater you installed. It in your computer then start disabling what you want read it first you can google it also to get to it . I know what your saying I have my note 4 perfect and I don't have to worry about the update because it will never let me know there is one . And the dev is very nice and helpful if you need help pa you can also disable Knox with this also

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Go to xda forums there's debloater you installed. It in your computer then start disabling what you want read it first you can google it also to get to it . I know what your saying I have my note 4 perfect and I don't have to worry about the update because it will never let me know there is one . And the dev is very nice and helpful if you need help pa you can also disable Knox with this also

I'm not rooted... Will the debloater program still work?

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes I am not rooted also that's the great thing about this program all your doing is disabled apps like I give you a example I have verizon visable voice mail disable because I have a third party app I use so I don't need Verizon running so its disable

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294

Is this the one you're talking about? Once I get it installed, what specific thing do I disable so it won't update? Thank you for your help!

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I use also first on xda disable knox and ota that will disable that then then the other program you can disable what ever you want

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes for both but I did look at my knox file and my block list for debloater and the two things I just wrote will disable verizon and Samsung updates if you don't want to use knox

mrgigabyte

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes but if you want to stay with kitkat use the file manger that comes with your note 4 you can still write to it and I just found apps that work to write also like my back up app

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I really want from L is to fix the stuttering issue when streaming via Bluetooth. That drives me insane in my car

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante