Verizon Note 4 update

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. Only problem I am having is my WiFi and 4g are running at the same time.

Anyway to fix that? Already have caller ID VZW app shut off.

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If a tree falls in the woods and no one else is there to hear it, does it make a sound? If Verizon is rolling out Lollipop update and no one has it, how the heck is it rolling out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Downloading now. ..my brother got his this morning

CHRISTEVAN

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. I am loving the HD phone calls. Makes a big difference in my opinion. For everybody wondering where Smart Lock is, go to Security in Settings and then go to Trust Agents. Turn on Smart Lock there and it will show up under the Security settings.

msokad

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the play services issue as well. Cleared up on its own. The menus are faster and battery seems better the new before.

I guess time will tell.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Not the coupon app.

Sent from my glorious note 4.

It was there after a factory reset. Still on kitkat. Coupons, candy crush, cookie jam and something else. I was able to uninstal so its Samsung bloat not baked in Verizon bloat. May be different for lollipop.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. I am loving the HD phone calls. Makes a big difference in my opinion. For everybody wondering where Smart Lock is, go to Security in Settings and then go to Trust Agents. Turn on Smart Lock there and it will show up under the Security settings.

Thank you for those directions! I have been waiting for the ability to keep my phone unlocked while on bluetooth. I used to be able to do that with my Maxx. My phone is connected bluetooth to my car stereo. This is going to be great!!

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It was there after a factory reset. Still on kitkat. Coupons, candy crush, cookie jam and something else. I was able to uninstal so its Samsung bloat not baked in Verizon bloat. May be different for lollipop.

If you disable the DT ignite app, then remove those weird apps, those things won't appear again. I think that DT Ignite app allows Verizon to add shortcuts to app downloads automatically to your phone.

dedduck0121

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for those directions! I have been waiting for the ability to keep my phone unlocked while on bluetooth. I used to be able to do that with my Maxx. My phone is connected bluetooth to my car stereo. This is going to be great!!
Looking forward to smart lock with my blue tooth too! Can't wait until after I leave the office to set it up lol

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop sure does take some getting use to but no turning back now...
Can you enable scrolling wallpaper and is there a way to enable the "ripple effect" or any other effects from the lock screen?

thanks

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop sure does take some getting use to but no turning back now...
Can you enable scrolling wallpaper and is there a way to enable the "ripple effect" or any other effects from the lock screen?

thanks

Hmmmm, mine stayed enabled.

Try going into Settings --> Lock screen --> Unlock effect

Unlock effect is all the way at the bottom of the menu.

Don't see a setting for the wall paper. Try one of the stock wall papers as a test.

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Not totally understanding the Show notifications while locked feature. Show all content/Hide sensitive content/Do not show notifications. What is considered sensitive content?

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hmmmm, mine stayed enabled.

Try going into Settings --> Lock screen --> Unlock effect

Unlock effect is all the way at the bottom of the menu.

Don't see a setting for the wall paper. Try one of the stock wall papers as a test.

I have it set to use my fingerprint to scan to unlock but im wondering if anytime that you touch the screen while it is locked, you can see a ripple or whatever effect...

htc evo 4g

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Great, fricken Facebook as added as bloatware that I can't remove now. Ugh, this is why a Nexus is the only way to go for people like me.

Yeah no kidding. I saw fb pop up after the 1st download. Only let me "disable" it and not "uninstall" it. wack!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1