Verizon Note 4 update

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
So far, (knock on wood), it's working fine on my note 4, I must say though, all the talk of this being 'the biggest android update in years' it's really no big deal. Aside from the phone app having that ugly green color and a smaller keypad, and the drop down notification panel going from a black to a white background, I really don't notice anything from it. IMO, it's all fluff and minor visual changes.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is not horrible, but not quite as good as before the update. My Android System is now the #1 drain. It hasn't been like that since I got the phone and made a few tweaks. I am not sure what exactly is using this so far, but I will try to figure out in lieu of a factory reset.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is not horrible, but not quite as good as before the update. My Android System is now the #1 drain. It hasn't been like that since I got the phone and made a few tweaks. I am not sure what exactly is using this so far, but I will try to figure out in lieu of a factory reset.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Even after a factory reset, mine still is the number 1 drainer. Android os is number 2. I'm only assuming it will go down the more the os gets settled in. If not I'll be looking for more tweaks as well

Posted via the Android Central App

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset as soon as the update was done. No problems and my battery life is better than I remember. Not to mention how smooth everything runs.

Bobby Stockert

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Did a factory reset as soon as the update was done. No problems and my battery life is better than I remember. Not to mention how smooth everything runs.

Completely agree - I just factory reset last night and wow - what a difference. Factory resets should be mandatory with major updates. Battery life and UI fluidity is greatly improved.

min_is_3

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
How do I get rid of the new notification pop ups? I liked the more discreet notifications in the notification bar in KK much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

This site provides the best source of information regarding lithium-ion batteries. Tons of true info there. I think it was just coincidence and that your battery needed to readjust.
But I've got to ask, 20+ hours of life out of a note 4? What do you do with it? I haven't seen 20+ hours of life out of a battery since the days of the Motorola Razr. Unless my Note 4 is idle all day, there's no way I'm ever going to see even 10 hours. Do other people here get 20 hours without a charge? Or am I alone here?

20 hours is normal. I typically get around 24 to 36 hours with 5 hours screen time. On a weekend, where my use is lighter, I typically make it through 48 hours or so.

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset after and battery life isn't as good as KK. I get roughly 3.5-4%/hr drain with typical use. KK was around 2.5-2.7%/hr with the same usage

scooby d1

May 12, 2015
Visit site
This site provides the best source of information regarding lithium-ion batteries. Tons of true info there. I think it was just coincidence and that your battery needed to readjust.
But I've got to ask, 20+ hours of life out of a note 4? What do you do with it? I haven't seen 20+ hours of life out of a battery since the days of the Motorola Razr. Unless my Note 4 is idle all day, there's no way I'm ever going to see even 10 hours. Do other people here get 20 hours without a charge? Or am I alone here?

I have over 3 days now on my note 4, 16 hours left at 24%. Going to charge now, as its not great to go lower then 20% on lithium.

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I usually charge every evening, it'll be down to 25-35% (after 24 hours) , so it would run more than 24 if I ran it dry.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude