Can't Pair my Gear S Watch to My Note 4 TMobile

aolive30

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have tried a thousand times and I can't pair my Note 4 to my Samsung Gear S watch. I keep getting this error message at the bottom of my screen, even though both passwords do match. Before I'm even able to click on OK to link, it's already tellin me it's wrong.

Can Anyone Please help?????

Thanks!!!!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried resetting the watch to factory by going to settings, reset gear? Try that and see what happens. I believe I had to do this before.

aolive30

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I have alreday done that. This problem started happening when I updated the Samsung Gear app a while back. I have also heard that since the Note 4 on T Mobile has not received the new lollipop update, the Bluetooth is faulty and won't allow the watch to pair until the update rolls out. Is there any truth to this?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have alreday done that. This problem started happening when I updated the Samsung Gear app a while back. I have also heard that since the Note 4 on T Mobile has not received the new lollipop update, the Bluetooth is faulty and won't allow the watch to pair until the update rolls out. Is there any truth to this?
Hmmm. I have TMobile Note 4 and Gear S, no problem pairing the two. I also don't recall any passwords needed. Can you take screenshots of the error message?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the Samsung Gear Fit Manager app? Sometimes my watch gets fussy. I have had to do this in the past.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Bluetooth on the Note 4 is not faulty. I originally had my watch paired with my Note 4 but then paired it with my Note Edge where it has been paired for the last month.

You might want to try asking about this in the Gear S forum. There may be people who have had this problem there.

aolive30

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
The picture is above... The passwords on my gear and phone do match but I am not able to press ok on any of them because the error message pops out at the bottom first...

Last edited:

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The picture is above. I'm hoping I don't have to do a factory reset on my phone.

If you decide to do a factory reset, you might want to try to wait until you get Lollipop because you might have to do one at that time. Or just maybe an update would fix your issue. That said, I know how frustrated I get when my watch is not syncing and I might not want to wait to do the reset. Hey, have you tried calling Samsung? The reps are pretty friendly. Someone there might be able to help you.

aolive30

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, I've finally got it fixed and I can't believe it works!!!!!!

The problem? A little app called Lego Mindstorms.

I used it through Bluetooth to remote control a Lego Robot Kit I had.
I decided to go through some apps that I wasn't using (desperarate times), and as soon as I uninstalled this app, it worked perfectly.

I'm so happy. I was starting to give up hope!
Thanks for all the tips, everyone!!

willowmickey

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
so the Note 4 does indeed pair with the Samsung Gear Fit? I want to get one but when I read about which devices it pairs with the Note 4 is not included! Don't want to buy it if it won't work.
How do you like the Gear Fit?
Thanks!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
so the Note 4 does indeed pair with the Samsung Gear Fit? I want to get one but when I read about which devices it pairs with the Note 4 is not included! Don't want to buy it if it won't work.
How do you like the Gear Fit?
Thanks!
This thread isn't about the gear fit, however a Google search for "gear fit note 4" had this come up as one of the results: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ng-note-4-android-5-1-1-gear-fit-manager.html

My assumption is if the latest version of the manager is working on the latest firmware on the Note 4 then you should be able to use the gear fit with the Note 4 regardless of what firmware you have on it.

vja4Him

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My Gear S pairs just fine with my Note 3 (Lollipop 5.0), but will not pair with my Note 4 (Lollipop 5.1.1). I have factory reset my Gear S many tines, but will not pair.

gadgetjim

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I tried many times to sync my Gear S with my Note 4. After many tries, finally did sync, BUT ..... Many apps will not install on my Gear S. Athough the Gear Manager says those apps are already installed on my Gear S, the apps are NOT on my Gear S.

I called Tech Support many times, but they cannot help. They finally told me to go to Best Buy for Tech Support, which is too far, the next town over, and I don't drive.

After doing the Factory Reset on my Gear S many times, I finally gave up, and synced back to my Note 3. Guess what ... All my apps were backed up and reinstalled on my Gear S, and now everything is back to normal, just like before when my Gear S was synced to my Note 3 for around seven or eight months.

I would really prefer to have my Gear S synced to my Note 4, because I do not have mobile service on my Note 3 anymore, and would like to use my Gear S in connection with my Note 4 when I'm away from home, but unfortunately I cannot do that .