Good morning, I the past it has been very simple to link contacts and choose default pictures, etc to customize each contact. In Lollipop I have not been able to figure this out and can't find the answer anywhere? Does anyone know how to affords this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Posted via the Android Central App
    rai chu likes this.
    04-02-2015 09:29 AM
    In the Contacts app, when you select a contact and tap the Edit button, is there a "Change" button next to the contact photo? If not, then tap Menu--is there an option to change the photo there?
    04-02-2015 10:27 AM
    In the Contacts app, when you select a contact and tap the Edit button, is there a "Change" button next to the contact photo? If not, then tap Menu--is there an option to change the photo there?
    Neither option exists. This used to be an easy process. I'm last as to why it would be eliminated or changed.

04-02-2015 07:52 PM
    I don't have Note 4, so I can't see exactly how it's set up. Can you show us some screenshots of the process you're going through? http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...d-central.html
    04-02-2015 07:56 PM
    Neither option exists. This used to be an easy process. I'm last as to why it would be eliminated or changed.

Did this about 300 times today. Choose a contact. Tap edit. Touch contact photo or default faceless icon. Done.

Like I said, I changed/updated about 300 contact photos today on 5.0.1.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-02-2015 10:19 PM
    I understand how to add a photo to a contract, but what I'm trying to do is change the display photo on a contract that has multiple accounts linked. For example, Facebook, Google+, and the Contacts app. Each has a different photo. How do I select which photo is displayed for a respective contact? This used to be simple in Kit Kate, but I can't figure it out in Lollipop.

04-04-2015 05:06 PM
    I understand how to add a photo to a contract, but what I'm trying to do is change the display photo on a contract that has multiple accounts linked. For example, Facebook, Google+, and the Contacts app. Each has a different photo. How do I select which photo is displayed for a respective contact? This used to be simple in Kit Kate, but I can't figure it out in Lollipop.

Isn't the Google contact photo the default photo on any linked contact? It is on mine running lollipop and it was when I was running kit kat. I never tried changing it and I really didn't think I could.
    04-04-2015 05:30 PM
    Isn't the Google contact photo the default photo on any linked contact? It is on mine running lollipop and it was when I was running kit kat. I never tried changing it and I really didn't think I could.
    Yes, but it can be changed and for some reason it is working for some and not for others. I did get it to work with this fake contact I created, but it's not working on the Contacts I already have. I added a few screenshots.

Attached Thumbnails How do I update contact defaults in How do I update contact Lollipop-screenshot_2015-04-04-14-59-39.jpg   How do I update contact defaults in How do I update contact Lollipop-screenshot_2015-04-04-15-01-03.jpg   How do I update contact defaults in How do I update contact Lollipop-screenshot_2015-04-04-15-00-51.jpg  
    04-04-2015 06:07 PM
    Has anyone found a solution to this? Or is this just another bug within the Lollipop update? I just got the Galaxy S6 Edge and noticed this and it's annoying. Hopefully someone finds a solution soon.
    04-14-2015 01:38 PM
    I am having the same problem as well with my Galaxy S6 Edge. For example, I have a contact from Google, Facebook and LinkedIn linked. Their LinkedIn page doesn't have a photo and it is making that the primary and I want to switch it to the Facebook that does have a photo but haven't figured out how to do so.
    04-17-2015 10:08 AM
    This problem has bothered me a lot; like others said, the 'Mark as Default' feature works in older Android versions/currently with new contacts, but not with old contacts in Lollipop.

However I believe I have found a (cumbersome) work-around.

Go to a contact you want to change the default picture for. If that contact has an email listed, add a new email (a nonsense letter like 'a' works). Save the contact; the application should now notify you the contact has more than one email address and asks you to pick a default. It then takes you to a screen where you can select any default option: contact picture, phone number, etc.

If your contact has no email I imagine adding two new ones would work just as fine.

This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It's not the nicest fix but a fix nonetheless. Hopefully it works for all of you
    Fer10 likes this.
    05-04-2015 11:52 AM
    I was having the same issue and deleted the LinkedIn app and reinstalled it. When I reinstalled, I did NOT sync contacts. Now all of my contact pics are back.

Rafael Medeiros likes this.
    05-14-2015 11:35 PM
    Thank you,
    This mail trick works perfect for me.
    But how can we call this menu?
    05-18-2015 05:07 PM
    I have the same issue however I will wait for an easier fix as I have too many contacts with multiple links and creating an extra email is not a solution for me.
    05-20-2015 04:20 PM
    Has anyone figured out a solution of any sort for this? It blows my mind how it just doesnt work. It will show a Google tab, and then a Facebook tab for each contact with the correct photo, but no matter what it will always default to the Google photo.
    05-27-2015 03:37 PM
    I have the Samsung Galaxy s6 edge as well and am running into this issue. Very annoying
    05-29-2015 12:50 PM
    You can only put an image to your contact details if the information such as the cp number is saved on your device. Not on sim card.
    06-02-2015 02:48 PM
    I was having the same issue and deleted the LinkedIn app and reinstalled it. When I reinstalled, I did NOT sync contacts. Now all of my contact pics are back.

It looks as though LinkedIn was the offending app. Thanks!
    06-07-2015 03:13 PM
    long click to get a prompt to mark as default,
    it doesn't work for names or pictures or titles though
    07-02-2015 11:01 AM
    long click to get a prompt to mark as default,
    it doesn't work for names or pictures or titles though
    THANK YOU, Grim_Notepad. That's the correct answer to the OP's question.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-21-2015 05:35 AM
    Good morning, I the past it has been very simple to link contacts and choose default pictures, etc to customize each contact. In Lollipop I have not been able to figure this out and can't find the answer anywhere? Does anyone know how to affords this? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

okay, so, go to your gallery. select the photo you want to make the contact photo for the person. sadly, if you already saved the contact beforehand it probably won't work (didn't for me, galaxy s5 with lollipop). anyway, select the option to make it a contact picture. you can choose new contact and do it like that. its the only way i got my contacts to have pictures/have emojis in the name.
    hope this was of some help at least!
    09-07-2015 03:27 PM
    This problem has bothered me a lot; like others said, the 'Mark as Default' feature works in older Android versions/currently with new contacts, but not with old contacts in Lollipop.

However I believe I have found a (cumbersome) work-around.

Go to a contact you want to change the default picture for. If that contact has an email listed, add a new email (a nonsense letter like 'a' works). Save the contact; the application should now notify you the contact has more than one email address and asks you to pick a default. It then takes you to a screen where you can select any default option: contact picture, phone number, etc.

If your contact has no email I imagine adding two new ones would work just as fine.

This worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy S5. It's not the nicest fix but a fix nonetheless. Hopefully it works for all of you
    07-14-2016 12:06 AM
    Thanks!!!! It is a strange way of doing it but works!!!
    07-14-2016 12:08 AM