So everytime i walk while holding my note 4 the screen turns on on its own. Which results to accidental press in screeb sometimes i accidentally call random numbers. So is this a feature of note 4? if yes how to turn it off?
    04-02-2015 10:33 AM
    It's not a feature unless you're accidentally pressing any of the phone's buttons while walking or if you get a text (if you use the stock messaging app, every time you get a text the screen lights up). Or if your S-Pen is out (and you've selected the reminder in the Settings), when you start walking the screen will light up, the phone will vibrate and beep and a pop-up message will show up on screen reminding you to not forget the pen, but this will only happen once until you take the S-Pen back in and back out.

There's also an Air-Wake option in Settings, Device, Accessibility, Dexterity and Interaction, Air-Wake up. With this, if the phone 'senses' your hand near the IR sensor at the top, it will light up the screen.
    04-02-2015 10:47 AM
    The side buttons are fairly sensitive - I find if I'm holding it by the edges, it doesn't seem like I pressed one of the side buttons but I actually did! That will light 'er up!
    04-02-2015 10:49 AM
    The side buttons are fairly sensitive - I find if I'm holding it by the edges, it doesn't seem like I pressed one of the side buttons but I actually did! That will light 'er up!
    A sturdy case would take care of that (but will also make it a bit harder to press on the buttons). I use the Samsung one and it feels great without adding too much bulk to the phone.
    04-02-2015 10:55 AM
    It's not a feature unless you're accidentally pressing any of the phone's buttons while walking or if you get a text (if you use the stock messaging app, every time you get a text the screen lights up). Or if your S-Pen is out (and you've selected the reminder in the Settings), when you start walking the screen will light up, the phone will vibrate and beep and a pop-up message will show up on screen reminding you to not forget the pen, but this will only happen once until you take the S-Pen back in and back out.

There's also an Air-Wake option in Settings, Device, Accessibility, Dexterity and Interaction, Air-Wake up. With this, if the phone 'senses' your hand near the IR sensor at the top, it will light up the screen.
    is that all the possible reason why my screen turns on when holding it while walking? cause i'm pretty sure i disabled those things. Its really getting annoying that i have to lock my phone while walking

will try to see if thats the case. i'll try to observe it while walking
    04-03-2015 09:45 AM