Canada lollipop

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Got it. Wind Mobile - Toronto !

Kind contemplating actually updating it. Would like to see if anyone has any issues with it or if it works fine. Folks in the US have been having issues (some of them) with Lollipop.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yah for you in Canada!

I am with Verizon. Mine is supposed to be rolling out any time now.

Good luck with your updates!

pkb0yz

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got and update of 999.48 MB. I don't know if the lollipop since I am using an unlocked note 4 on Fido.

Posted via the Android Central App

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Its 5.0.1 !!!!!
warning I had 27% juice left at THE TIME OF REBOOTING PHONE TO INSTALL UPDATE and by the end of the install was at 14%.
Make sure you got enough juice or else KO!

Id also recommend after installing the update and updating apps then wipe memory cache and reboot 2 times after that. Good luck. Currently letting my phone charge up before I dig into the goodies of Lollipop!

Last edited:

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to hear about Canadian experiences with this? I'm very very apprehensive to install this update when it comes to Rogers. I don't want to wreck my beautiful, wonderful, smooth device.

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious to hear about Canadian experiences with this? I'm very very apprehensive to install this update when it comes to Rogers. I don't want to wreck my beautiful, wonderful, smooth device.

No issues works great (WIND). I find battery life has been extended and 0 lag everywhere. Beautiful!!!!

Last edited:

fbcltd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
got on telus....updating right now. 999mb. download booster is awesom, only 15 mins to update!!!

Edit #1.....................................
seems to be quicker, or 'snappy' not sure what that meant but now i see....apps that lagged now open very fast, when i click on the internet the page downloads in half the time, talk to text is waaaaayyyy faster and awesome feature as i use it for everything from messages to emails.

Battery got me 20 hours and i was only down to 25% normal use and playing.... like others i will update after 3 days and share battery life but i wasn't getting 18 hrs on kitkat so this is a nice upgrade......................................................

Last edited:

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Did you do a factory reset or cache partition wipe? Or just installed over existing without issues?

Sandro Curia

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Just updated to lollopop on note 4 for telus mobility no problems at all everything went smooth I was scared because of all the horror stories I heard about updating to lollipop but so far so good loving the update and didn't have to do a factory reset.

lifeowner

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
I updated to lollipop last night and everything looks good to me so far. I have The telus device .

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I just updated mine to it seems that some of the air gestures and eye scrolling have disappeared but other than that seems to be running fine

I'm thinking of doing a factory reset anyone do this? Is it recommended?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781