Can I just say no to lollipop???

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I just read that Verizon has started to roll out lollipop. and from everything I've read, its not a good thing, at least right now!

Don't get me wrong, I love new technology and embrace it. I like messing around with software, and reading the forums, and all the fun things that go along with having an Android device.

However, for me right now the timing is really bad to have to spend hours and days screwing around with my phone. Just a really busy time right now...

I have 2 questions.
1. Is there anyway I can prevent that update from taking place? For a little while?
2.) assuming there is no way to prevent it, what can I do to make getting the phone back to exactly where I want it as easy as possible?

The Samsung switch program that they used at the Verizon store to take the settings from my note 3 and put them on my note 4 quite frankly is not worth a dang...

You still have to reload all of your apps from the Play Store, enter in all of your passwords where applicable, and tweak all of your settings in each app where applicable.

I just got this thing set up exactly the way I wanted, I'm now I'm going to have to do it all over again. I'm not happy about that, so I'm hoping someone will give me some good news.

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
You can probably say no for awhile. I do not think my sister has given in yet on her S5 and that update rolled out a month or two ago. Eventually I believe the update is forced on the phone but I think you can buy some time.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
To disable the OTA updater (and forgo any updates) see this thread at XDA: [GUIDE] Disable Knox and the OTA without roo… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

It can be re-enabled anytime if you wish to accept OTA updates again.

Note: AT&T version here (for those who may need it): [GUIDE] Disable KNOX, OTA Updates, and other… | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

And thank you for replying to me on that other thread, too... I started this thread before I saw your response on the other one. Thanks again!

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday and all is fine.

I had far more problems upgrading my S5 than my Note4 so maybe I am just lucky this time around.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
To disable the OTA updater (and forgo any updates) see this thread at XDA: [GUIDE] Disable Knox and the OTA without roo… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

It can be re-enabled anytime if you wish to accept OTA updates again.

Note: AT&T version here (for those who may need it): [GUIDE] Disable KNOX, OTA Updates, and other… | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

Thanks for clearing it up once more! This should perhaps be a pinned post until the lollipop update has filtered through to most networks.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded yesterday and all is fine.

I had far more problems upgrading my S5 than my Note4 so maybe I am just lucky this time around.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.

Which carrier for your Note?

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I just read that Verizon has started to roll out lollipop. and from everything I've read, its not a good thing, at least right now!

Don't get me wrong, I love new technology and embrace it. I like messing around with software, and reading the forums, and all the fun things that go along with having an Android device.

However, for me right now the timing is really bad to have to spend hours and days screwing around with my phone. Just a really busy time right now...

I have 2 questions.
1. Is there anyway I can prevent that update from taking place? For a little while?
2.) assuming there is no way to prevent it, what can I do to make getting the phone back to exactly where I want it as easy as possible?

The Samsung switch program that they used at the Verizon store to take the settings from my note 3 and put them on my note 4 quite frankly is not worth a dang...

You still have to reload all of your apps from the Play Store, enter in all of your passwords where applicable, and tweak all of your settings in each app where applicable.

I just got this thing set up exactly the way I wanted, I'm now I'm going to have to do it all over again. I'm not happy about that, so I'm hoping someone will give me some good news.

Thanks!

Where have you read that it's not a good thing? Don't go by people coming here to complain. For every 1 of the malcontents here, there's probably hundreds of people that have had no issues.

You really can't gauge anything by message boards when it comes to the percentage of people with problems.

I upgraded to 5.0.1 yesterday and everything is going great with no factory reset or anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy