If and when lollipop is installed on my phone, I wonder how good this Samsung kies app really works? Will it reinstall all of your apps, maintain the settings in those apps, keep all the password for your apps, etc?

Sooner or later I will have to go over to the dark side and install the lollipop update. I'm just trying to figure out how difficult the factory reset afterwards will be, in regards to getting my phone back to the way it was before the lollipop update. thank you for your time!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-03-2015 12:40 AM
    Kies doesn't back up app settings and app data, just the app apk. Google can back up some app settings if the dev has enabled it but most don't. Some apps let you back up to the cloud and/or to export your settings. For all other apps, if you are not rooted, your only option is Helium, but having upgraded my Note 3 to lollipop, I can tell you that Helium is much less useful now in lollipop and app data was only restored for some of my apps with it. So you can try that but don't count on it. If you are rooted of course you can do a full backup.
    04-03-2015 12:48 AM
    If and when lollipop is installed on my phone, I wonder how good this Samsung kies app really works? Will it reinstall all of your apps, maintain the settings in those apps, keep all the password for your apps, etc?

Sooner or later I will have to go over to the dark side and install the lollipop update. I'm just trying to figure out how difficult the factory reset afterwards will be, in regards to getting my phone back to the way it was before the lollipop update. thank you for your time!

I got the Lollipop update last week and ever since then the Kies app keeps crashing on my Mac computer. So I currently can't do any backups. I think it might be an incompatibility with Kies and the Mac at the moment. I hope you have better luck with yours

04-03-2015 02:03 AM