Shorcut to "Turn on/off Mobile Data" from Notification Panel vs. Settings

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I am running 5.0.1 and I am wondering if anyone has found a way or knows of a workaround in getting a toggel (similar to Cyanogenmod ROMS) that allow you to turn mobile data on and off with one click vs going into the settings menu.

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
After Lollipop those Toggles don't work anymore and they just open the data usage settings where you can switch mobile data on and off. Maybe that will be possible in new updates.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Shorcut to "Turn on/off Mobile Data" from Notification Panel vs. Settings

One thing I did is create a shortcut to the data setting screen (where you can check it on or off) using NOVA activity shortcut.

(to do this with NOVA: long press on the home screen, select "Shortcuts", select "Activities", scroll down to "Settings", scroll down to "Data Usage" which is an orange icon on my Sprint phone, touch the icon to create the shortcut, and now on the home screen you can simply touch the newly created icon and then just check/uncheck the data to turn it on or off) {I also use an app that allow me to add shortcuts to my notification panel so that this new icon is part of my notification drop-down in any screen}.https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nicolai.buch.andersen.ns&hl=en&token=G-k4P1WQ

Last edited:

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your inputs. They will helpful for nova users.
I like the features of touchwiz so I'll wait to see if they ever implement a short cut there

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Ran this on my old phones but since the note4 has it in the pull down I felt like I didn't need it any more.

Used to run Widgetsoid on my DInC2 which put settings and stuff in the notification pull down.

Posted via the Android Central App

Same here. I put the mobile data toggle in the "notification panel". I love how you can pull it down on ANY screen.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This is for kitkat right? Lollipop dosent seem to have that option

Hi,
I am running 5.0.1 and I am wondering if anyone has found a way or knows of a workaround in getting a toggel (similar to Cyanogenmod ROMS) that allow you to turn mobile data on and off with one click vs going into the settings menu.

Thanks!

After Lollipop those Toggles don't work anymore and they just open the data usage settings where you can switch mobile data on and off. Maybe that will be possible in new updates.
It's still there on my phone after the update.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Did you go to "Settings" --> "Notification Panel"? I had to customize it myself to get "Mobile Data" in the pull down options.

I attached a picture to show you all what shows on my phone. Maybe the toggle is carrier specific???
Thanks kirksucks but I can't find it

Attachments

• 1428218973056.jpg
    1428218973056.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 38

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has the mobile data toggle in lollipop for sure. What carrier do you have?
369ccc27ff40fccb3bba90805d243e4f.jpg

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Shorcut to "Turn on/off Mobile Data" from Notification Panel vs. Settings

I attached a picture to show you all what shows on my phone. Maybe the toggle is carrier specific???
Thanks kirksucks but I can't find it
AT&T does not have the toggle option and Data Enabler widget force closes only, no longer works.

googler003

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21