04-09-2015 03:35 AM
79 1234
tools
    Don't forget the update also includes Advanced Calling 1.0 which enables VoLTE calling and video calling from the dialer. Tried it out with my wife earlier and it sounds incredible on speakerphone compared to before.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    04-03-2015 06:30 PM
    So far...

Keyboard is much better

No lag on recent button

Dialer is pretty damn ugly.

Notifications are better, but that could be a debated point.

Performance is snappier, could just be animations are handled different, but whatever it is, I like it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Well this is encouraging! Did you do a Factory reset or No???? That is the part I really want to avoid.....I know it's probably better for the phone, but URGH hate the thought of having to RE-DO Everything!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-03-2015 06:36 PM
    I jus need to wait until I get home ,no wifi here at the moment
    That's why I pay Verizon for data, using 4G.
    I'm getting it too, thank you unlimited data
    FYI, OTA updates don't count against your data use.
    04-03-2015 06:41 PM
    Well this is encouraging! Did you do a Factory reset or No???? That is the part I really want to avoid.....I know it's probably better for the phone, but URGH hate the thought of having to RE-DO Everything!
    Not yet, but I'm going to reset tonight, no particular reason, other than I want to.
    04-03-2015 07:25 PM
    Ok can someone explain this advanced calling to me? We live in a small town in Arkansas with regular 4g and high speed WiFi
    04-03-2015 07:43 PM
    Plug it into the computer, then install the software when prompted
    Do you mean kies?
    04-03-2015 07:45 PM
    Wow... I just downloaded and installed the Verizon lollipop update. I think I'm going to go pick the lint out of my bellybutton now.
    And this new HD voice thing. That sounds rad. I might even try it if I don't forget all about it when I wake up.
    The biggest change... Orange text messages! I didn't realize it at first, but this is what I've been waiting for all my life.

04-03-2015 08:29 PM
    in know this is a software update but anyone read if it will help the radio at all? been noticing lower than normal signal levels. i work in a new construction site and its soooo bad for signal it drains the hell outa my battery. wondering if anyone has heard.
    downloading it now
    04-03-2015 08:34 PM
    Just got the OTA update; trying to figure out VoLTE calling. I enabled, but how do I engage?
    04-03-2015 09:46 PM
    Not yet, but I'm going to reset tonight, no particular reason, other than I want to.
    OK. Can you please let us know if everything was good without the reset or if it improved with it. Thank you!
    04-03-2015 10:03 PM
    Wow... I just downloaded and installed the Verizon lollipop update. I think I'm going to go pick the lint out of my bellybutton now.
    And this new HD voice thing. That sounds rad. I might even try it if I don't forget all about it when I wake up.
    The biggest change... Orange text messages! I didn't realize it at first, but this is what I've been waiting for all my life.

LOL!
    new2thisyeah likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:06 PM
    I updated to lollipop this afternoon and noticed my note 4 was lagging so I wiped the device cache and it fixed that for the most part but I then also discovered that the update ruined wifi connection speeds wifi is slower than molasses in winter now the 1 or 2 bars of 4g is faster and I have 50+mbps internet connection but the phone pulls half that according to the speed test app but yet when I go to surf the net on wifi it is useless!! and takes a long time to login to clash of clans game for example. Any idea what is going on with my note 4???? I am glad I am still within my 14 day return window so I can go swap it out if need be. Any help would be appreciated
    new2thisyeah likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:26 PM
    OK. Can you please let us know if everything was good without the reset or if it improved with it. Thank you!
    A few things.

Performance was the same before and after.

Don't know about battery life because....

The built in weather app had issues after the update, reset fixed that.

Other than that, I would say your fine to try without a reset, just keep your phone in a cool spot, it gets pretty warm.

After it's done, update Google play services, and then just walk away from your phone for 20-30 minutes. The first bit after an update the software always seems to need to settle down for whatever reason.

Posted
    04-03-2015 10:56 PM
    Just got the OTA update; trying to figure out VoLTE calling. I enabled, but how do I engage?
    If you call another person who has a Verizon phone that is VoLTE ready, then it will automatically turn on. Hope that helps.
    mslal likes this.
    04-03-2015 11:05 PM
    on 5.0.1 on Verizon Note 4...

Posted via the Verizon Note 4
    04-03-2015 11:18 PM
    Ok can someone explain this advanced calling to me? We live in a small town in Arkansas with regular 4g and high speed WiFi
    It is HD calling and video and you can make the calls, including the video calls, right from the phone's keypad. If another person has HD calling, you will get the clear calls and clear video calls. You have to go to your Verizon account's page and enable it under managing apps. It is free. After you enable it on your page, reboot your phone.
    04-03-2015 11:27 PM
    They ****en put Facebook on my damn phone why must you put junk on my phone that's the only thing I want an iphone cuz it's clean of boaltware
    new IOS update puts the crappy Apple watch app in your iphone...tht's a bloat cuz u can't get rid of it!
    04-04-2015 12:47 AM
    I was having some problems with the SMS app CHOMP when I was using..it was crashing quite a bit, so some 1 suggested going to developer options on the phone and changing it from Dalvik to ART...And i did that been using the phone for a few days..

now got this option and i didn't change from ART back to Dalvik..will that be a problem with the update..I mean I am in middle of the update as I type this!
    04-04-2015 01:02 AM
    Just installed it. Amazingly easy, which has me concerned, when will the other shoe drop. What apps should I try to test for any issues? Too soon for battery obviously. All the apps and settings appear to be just as I left them with kitkat. I cleared the cache but did not do a factory reset yet. Waiting to see how it behaves.
    GregMargie likes this.
    04-04-2015 01:54 AM
    so far so good. had to go in and delete a few apps thy added. facebook, coupon, 2 games. tried the hd call. its basicly facetime. you can do video calls now. but curious, how much data does that suck up on 4G? wife and i did wifi as our test. so far i think its faster. cleaner. i like it. i worry about battery. as mentioned earlier i work in a building that is HORRIBLE for service 4g,3g,1x to no signal. i drains the hell out of it. if this new update alone is going to drain it i am screwed and wont make it a full day at all.
    04-04-2015 07:02 AM
    s tried the hd call. its basicly facetime. you can do video calls now. but curious, how much data does that suck up on 4G? wife and i did wifi as our test.
    This is why everyone is saying keep your unlimited data. Data usage is going to do nothing but increase in usage. I've been tempted to give up unlimited data for new phone upgrades, buy stuff like this make me realize I need to keep it. The video calling will use a lot of data.
    04-04-2015 07:24 AM
    Do you mean kies?
    I was talking about the Verizon update utility. But I believe kies should work too
    04-04-2015 07:41 AM
    This is why everyone is saying keep your unlimited data. Data usage is going to do nothing but increase in usage. I've been tempted to give up unlimited data for new phone upgrades, buy stuff like this make me realize I need to keep it. The video calling will use a lot of data.
    Very true. I remember when att customers gave up unlimited data to save 5 bucks. They would rather pay $25 for less than 2gb than the extra 5 for unlimited. Dummies.
    04-04-2015 07:42 AM
    Voice recognition worse?
    Upgrades installed without problems but I'm finding that the "Out of Milk" shopping list app is not understanding my voice very well. Had a few chuckles over its interpretations, but I would prefer better recognition.
    04-04-2015 08:14 AM
    Good- Advanced Calling, lock screen notifications, mult-window responsiveness, camera launch is faster.

Meh- Pretty much everything else.

Bad- Force fed social media apps. Easy enough to disable (but can't remove), so not a huge deal. Still, would feel better if I could give the person responsible for that decision a swift kick in the rear.

No bugs yet. Knew this was coming soon so had everything backed up as best I could, & did a factory reset immediately after the update.
    04-04-2015 09:15 AM
79 1234