Verizon note 4 lollipop, I got it

raresuperman

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Here it is the update of the year for the moment at least....

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-03-13-28-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-13-28-20.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 279

cnotes63

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Can't lie it's clean the colors the texting change colors it's nice it was worth the wait

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, update appears to have gone well.

I was getting an error saying to update Google Play Services even after I updated it. The error was persistent in Google Now pane (I use the Google Launcher). So I did a search on what could possibly be wrong. Saw some folks rebooted and it went away. When I went to reboot, it was already gone and Google Now was back. All I can figure is that after it says everything is done, there is still stuff happening in the background.

I also noticed that my phone warmed up a bit from doing the update. I left it plugged in through out.

Other than the animations (I like them), notifications (more good than bad), and the new dialer, there is not much different since I used Google Launcher already.

The device is smooth and snappy, so no complaints there. I need to give it a couple of days to determine battery life. I had not complaints before, so as long as there is not a hit, I will be happy.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Holy schnikes, the camera is MUCH snappier to launch. I also look forward to playing with fast motion and slow motion modes.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to wait. Hear how it is from you guys before updating. Thanks for letting everyone know that it's available.
Me too! My Note 4 is running so awesome on 4.4.4 that I just don't need any aggravation from the update. So appreciate everyone chiming in on how it is for them!

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
1. Is foxfi confirmed to work still?

2. We have complete SD card access now right?

I'm curious about the SD card as well. My old SD card gave my Note 4 a lot of Indexing problems when I first got it. I am sure it was the files on it, but nevertheless......I took the card out and never put in another. If no problems with using one with the update, I will buy a new 64 gb.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Me too! My Note 4 is running so awesome on 4.4.4 that I just don't need any aggravation from the update. So appreciate everyone chiming in on how it is for them!

So far...

Keyboard is much better

No lag on recent button

Dialer is pretty damn ugly.

Notifications are better, but that could be a debated point.

Performance is snappier, could just be animations are handled different, but whatever it is, I like it.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So, I did a full reset. It took just a few moments to get things going and had a little fun doing so because the restart was nice to have done because you can now select which apps you want restored and which you don't. It's unfortunate because I like to use Nova launcher and I did a destructive restore and didn't pull out the backup by accident.

So, off the bat, there are tons of new things to play with in settings, but they're mostly just moved around. After complete restore, this thing is CRAZY debloated compared to what we saw before. I am telling you 1/2 the apps are just not there! I also didn't install a lot, that's kinda my thing at the same time. Going after my galaxy gear apk soon and will tell you about that if there's anything negative.

The camera is really lightning fast. Loading and then it's the true "no lag" snap even in HDR mode.

The over all lack of apps running is making the whole system seem smoother. Loving it. Nothing else to report at this time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae