Both 4G and Wifi running at the same time

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Lollipop update today on my VZW Note 4. So far, it's pretty cool.

I do have one question though, if anyone can remember. When I first got this phone, both my 4G and WiFi would run at the same time. I remember there was an app that I had to disable in order to get this to stop. I seem to recall it was a Name Caller ID app, but when I looked through my Apps Manager, I don't see anything that sounds like an app of that nature.

Has anyone that has this update seen that, and if so, how do I stop it? I know I've stopped it before, but dogged if I can remember what it was.

Thanks!
Bruce

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Lollipop update today on my VZW Note 4. So far, it's pretty cool.

I do have one question though, if anyone can remember. When I first got this phone, both my 4G and WiFi would run at the same time. I remember there was an app that I had to disable in order to get this to stop. I seem to recall it was a Name Caller ID app, but when I looked through my Apps Manager, I don't see anything that sounds like an app of that nature.

Has anyone that has this update seen that, and if so, how do I stop it? I know I've stopped it before, but dogged if I can remember what it was.

Thanks!
Bruce

Are you sure it was an app and not the Wi-Fi Calling turned on in your call setting? I don't have Lollypop yet (TMO) so I'm not sure if that's applicable. Can you post a screen shot so we can see exactly what you're talking about?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It may have been renamed to Verizon Caller ID, look for that, also look for apps that are running and check them one by one.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Here's my screen shot of what I'm talking about. This wasn't happening prior to the update. Well...it did happen until I disabled one of the junk software Verizon had put on my phone. Now I can't recall what is causing it this time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-04-08-59-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-08-59-55.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 298

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I saw that too but didn't think much about it. Now you got me wondering. Is it using some data when on wifi?

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
You have download booster enabled. Drag down with 2 fingers from top of screen and disable it

Posted via Samsung Galaxy Note 4

This is not correct. Download booster had another icon.

I disabled all the Verizon stuff, mine is on, probably was on on KK, as well. I don't think it is actually using any data because the arrows don't light up indicating usage.

Posted

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
You have download booster enabled. Drag down with 2 fingers from top of screen and disable it

I checked that, and no, I don't have download booster enabled. I know before, it was some kind of caller ID app. I looked through several spots and don't see anything of that nature. Really puzzling

It must use data, albeit a small amount. Why else would it be enabled? I'm not too worried, as I have plenty of data on my plan, but it's just one of those things that kinda bug me.

Tatt2014

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing since update, if I remember right It was due to the caller ID app.im going to clear cache and data on it and see if it fixes it

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site

When I drag down with 2 fingers there is no download booster option. So I found it in settings and it was off. When I turn off mobile data then the 4G goes gray. But I think that used to happen automatic when on wifi.

bculwell88

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been monitoring it with the Verizon data widget and I'm not seeing my data usage going up while on Wi-Fi, so I'm not worried about it.

sfld

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Its setup that way for a reason not a bug. When you have advanced calling turned on, it uses LTE for voice calls. This doesnt go against your data, thats why you dont see the upstream downstream arrows moving when your wifi is also connected. It will use data if you use it for video calls.

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Its setup that way for a reason not a bug. When you have advanced calling turned on, it uses LTE for voice calls. This doesnt go against your data, thats why you dont see the upstream downstream arrows moving when your wifi is also connected. It will use data if you use it for video calls.

I just watched a YouTube video on wifi and the 4G arrows were blinking. Also I do not have advanced calling activated.
Still not sure why this is happening.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

That would make sense, but I don't have advanced calling turned on either.

I'm not too concerned, as I do have plenty of data, but I don't like something happening that seems to have no reason. I mean, when I'm in a WiFi area, I want to use WiFi...not my data!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Nope..advanced calling is off for me and it still blinks!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I am worried cuz I am on a shared data plan so i don't have the luxury to just waste data like tht !

Download booster is off for me as well!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So no name caller ID feature enabled for me, advanced calling off, download booster off

ALL THIS MEANS....

We have a BUG in Lollipop cuz it wasn't like this on KK !!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have that too. It was caller name id app causing this on kit kat. The most possible reason is the new advance calling feature even if you have not activated that yet. It doesn't seem to be using any data really. I'm not worried. It's a small matter :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay