04-28-2015 12:50 PM
226 12345 ...
tools
    No problems yet. Everything very snappy! I'm really liking it so far!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 05:26 PM
    FYI, OTA updates don't count against your data use. So no problem using LTE if it's faster.
    It's showing up as data used for me. I have 15GB so using 1 is no big deal, but it definitely counted.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.
    04-04-2015 05:45 PM
    They must have changed the function - I have been watching mine since your last post - the "4G" is bright, the "4G bars" are bright and changing but the "Transmit/Receive Arrows" under the 4G are grayed out. To me, that means 4G LTE is doing nothing! With KitKat, the "4G" itself was grayed out - I don't think it's a problem unless you see "Arrow" activity. One of my wireless arrows is lit so it must be doing something but the 4G arrows have not changed - grayed out!
    Guys, it's because of Advanced Calling. That takes place on LTE so the device can't completely drop the connection to LTE when wifi is connected now because that is your primary voice network now too.

-Shawn
    Old Guy 59 and jimd1050 like this.
    04-04-2015 05:49 PM
    So advanced calling is going to count against my data plan? Even if it's to a phone on my shared plan?

04-04-2015 06:27 PM
    Is there any fix for settings going down when you try to adjust volume/notification?

ClaudiaP likes this.
    04-04-2015 06:31 PM
    Guys, it's because of Advanced Calling. That takes place on LTE so the device can't completely drop the connection to LTE when wifi is connected now because that is your primary voice network now too.

-Shawn
    I figured it could be tht...I turned off Advanced calling and since the entire 4G grayed out, it didn't..don't know if i had to reboot the phone for it to see effect!
    04-04-2015 06:32 PM
    So advanced calling is going to count against my data plan? Even if it's to a phone on my shared plan?

no it won't...don't worry about it...u can read it on verizon's website tht it's free! (doesn't count against data i meant)
    04-04-2015 06:33 PM
    IIRC it shouldn't. I read over some of the details a couple weeks back and I believe they said that voice calls will still deduct minutes from your regular minutes, while utilizing video calling will deduct from your allotted data amount.
    04-04-2015 06:34 PM
    They must have changed the function - I have been watching mine since your last post - the "4G" is bright, the "4G bars" are bright and changing but the "Transmit/Receive Arrows" under the 4G are grayed out. To me, that means 4G LTE is doing nothing! With KitKat, the "4G" itself was grayed out - I don't think it's a problem unless you see "Arrow" activity. One of my wireless arrows is lit so it must be doing something but the 4G arrows have not changed - grayed out!
    U do make a good point...I will keep a close eye on it to see if those arrows light up..i think i have seen them light up even when on Wifi, but now i will monitor it closely!
    04-04-2015 06:34 PM
    Like several folks in this thread, I downloaded and installed last evening - when complete, Facebook App (which Lollipop re-installed) wouldn't work properly as with KitKat so I dumped it as before. I had the same "Google" error message twice but not since - that's it! All my other Apps work fine - I was up until 1:00 AM playing with the phone - no problems. The one thing that concerns me is the "Radio" - I have consistently had a 4G connection at my house, upstairs and in the basement where the computers are. Since the update, I'm falling back to 3G downstairs - it will occasionally pop up to 4G but I haven't experienced seeing 3G on a phone in like three years at my house! I "wiped cache" but don't really want to deal with a "Factory Reset" at this point! Anyone else see a loss in "Verizon" LTE signal since Lollipop update?
    I have noticed this as well. In the signal bar graph, I am seeing a lot of red and yellow. I also have times with no signal showing. I didn't have any issues prior to the update. If I go to send a text and I see a "no service found" error, I am going to lose it. The 4.4 4 update on my Note 3 did it in and I needed to get a warranty replacement.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    04-04-2015 07:02 PM
    Awww, please don't tell me that... don't want to deal with a phone swap!
    04-04-2015 07:25 PM
    "Settings">"Device">"Sound and Notification">scroll down to "While Locked" and click - you then have a choice of "Show all content", "Hide sensitive content" or "Do not show notifications"!
    How do we define "sensitive"? Video I saw on Lollipop showed it as part of the Sound and Notifications - Application Notifications page. But it is missing on the Note 4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    04-04-2015 07:32 PM
    so is there a fix for the "sound and notification" force close issue
    04-04-2015 08:04 PM
    I gave up. Talked to both Verizon and Samsung. They said the only fix for "so is there a fix for the "sound and notification" force close issue" was to do a factory reset. So I used Kies to back up, did the factory reset and then did a restore.
    04-04-2015 09:09 PM
    How do we define "sensitive"? Video I saw on Lollipop showed it as part of the Sound and Notifications - Application Notifications page. But it is missing on the Note 4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    "Hide sensitive content" doesn't show emails or texts that someone else could read with the phone locked - "Show all" does exactly that! And the setting IS part of Sound and Notifications - just scroll down to "While locked", click it and you'll see the 3 choices.
    04-04-2015 09:19 PM
    I gave up. Talked to both Verizon and Samsung. They said the only fix for "so is there a fix for the "sound and notification" force close issue" was to do a factory reset. So I used Kies to back up, did the factory reset and then did a restore.
    Kies doesn't back up your email account settings, etc. though, does it?
    04-04-2015 09:22 PM
    So did it work?

04-04-2015 09:24 PM
    "Hide sensitive content" doesn't show emails or texts that someone else could read with the phone locked - "Show all" does exactly that! And the setting IS part of Sound and Notifications - just scroll down to "While locked", click it and you'll see the 3 choices.
    Thanks. I found that setting. But actually there is a setting by application where some things can be set based on the specific application. In the picture below (from a Nexus), you see three settings: Block, Priority, Sensitive. The sensitive identifies the specific app. This option is missing from the Note 4 . Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=70&v=SY2kAqCqOko

Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?-nexussettings.png
    04-04-2015 09:58 PM
    I'm also concerned with the 4g not grayed out while on Wi-Fi. My screen shot shows yellow by the 4g. Does that mean it's on standby? I've been on Wi-Fi for the whole charge cycle.
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?-screenshot_2015-04-04-23-54-16.jpg  
    04-04-2015 10:59 PM
    Ever since the update my custom notification sound won't play when I receive a text. Tried selecting it again and restarting but no luck. Any thoughts?
    04-04-2015 11:35 PM
    don't get what you are trying to say..this is mine! it's annoying..!

Attachment 169615
    my guess is it needs a constant connection to the 4G network for advanced calling

04-05-2015 12:04 AM
    my guess is it needs a constant connection to the 4G network for advanced calling

tht's the thing though...I turned off advanced calling and tht sucker still didn't gray out!
    04-05-2015 01:01 AM
    I've got the same damn problem!
    04-05-2015 03:16 AM
    After my update when I go into settings and select sounds and notifications it pops up that settings has stopped working. Anyone else having this issue?
    04-05-2015 08:11 AM
    So every phone that has advanced calling will show 4G even when connected to WiFi. It will show but be inactive. It is there so when you are on WiFi it will still make HD calls. Now if you have Advanced Calling off then it will just do nothing.
    04-05-2015 09:41 AM
226 12345 ...