04-28-2015 01:50 PM
226 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Runs smooth. Battery is holding up great. No complaints.

I am in the process of making my Note 4 self aware.
    04-07-2015 08:33 PM
    You can no longer take a picture while pressing the home button and the power button. When I try and do that it takes me to Google now page. I can only palm swipe.

Posted via the Android Central App
    You mean a screenshot??? Works for me...

Rmedy21 likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:35 PM
    You can no longer take a picture while pressing the home button and the power button. When I try and do that it takes me to Google now page. I can only palm swipe.
    I was curious about this.

And if "screenshot" is what was meant, it works fine for me also.
    04-07-2015 08:40 PM
    I had the com.sec.imsservice issue and despite doing what you did...repeatedly....never got the error message to go away. Had to do a factory reset. Afterwards YouMail works fine....although you do have to go back into YouMail and re-setup the VM forwarding. Good Luck!
    Yes, I got Youmail to work again by logging out/logging back in and going through the process to make Youmail my voicemail provider.

That sucks that you couldn't get the com.sec.imsservice to go away without a factory reset. That was a pain.
    Old Guy 59 likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:03 PM

Yes sorry after a quick reboot it works just fine

04-07-2015 09:14 PM
    I started getting notifications this morning about the Lollipop update, requiring 2 downloads. I postponed it till later today, thinking I would look here to see if there were any issues. Glad I did.

The idea of having my notification and sound controls either made less functional or more difficult to find has ZERO appeal. Ditto troubleshooting the deliberately difficult Android menuing system.

Then a little while ago I called Verizon about another matter, but I asked a support person about the update, and whether I should let it go ahead or wait until things shake out. He said that he would wait a bit. I think I'll wait. KK is working well for now. And neither Google nor Samsung are paying me to beta test.
    04-07-2015 09:21 PM
    I've noticed I can't retrain google voice. All options are greyed out... Also, where it says say OK google to start a voice search, always on and personal results are greyed out as well... Is there something I need to have on to resolve this? Also when setting up do not disturb, I selected a time to do it from, but it silences all notifications no matter what....
    04-07-2015 10:48 PM
    I downloaded it about 4 hours ago and installed it. It seemed to run fine. Following the suggestion of several folks I did a factory reset and then set it up again. Works great so far and no issues.

EDIT:
    I have found that the lock screen has a feature that I don't like. Namely, when Notifications are active and a message or other event happens, the lock screen large clock (an option for the clock I use) and the "additional information line" (which I also very much like) change. Namely, the clock is made much smaller and moved from the center of the lock screen to the left side and the additional information is no longer seen.
    After shutting off Notifications in Lollipop and then in every other app with a notification option, and in every email acct in my email app I mostly have gotten the lock screen to behave like the KitKat version.
    All that being said, this is a minor personal issue and not a bug or defect in Lollipop in my opinion, simply a different method of operation.
    You know, a lot of people seem to be kind of unhappy with what they've done with the lock screen. Version 5.1 supposedly will have to KitKat style notifications on the lock screen from what I'm reading... It does leave some to be desired! it would be nice to be able to move things around where you want them to come up on the lock screen. For example, if you always wanted the clock to show up in the lower left hand corner you could drag it and size it...

04-07-2015 10:58 PM
    Factory reset after the lollipop upgrade for me! very, very happy... I think a lot of things were taken care of. as others have stated, I'm not really a fan of how the lock screen operates anymore, but for me that's a relatively minor issue because I'm so happy with everything else. To anybody reading this... Do the factory reset after the install. :-)

rrabago likes this.
    04-07-2015 10:59 PM
    Overall performance after the update has been very good.... better than pre-update. Battery also performing well, if not better, than before.

Biggest gripe is also the lock screen. Prior to the update, I could quickly press a button to see the lock screen and I could see the icons in the upper left of the notifications area/bar for any alerts (text, email, app downloads, etc.). Now, that area has been replaced with "Verizon Wireless" and there are no indications of any alerts. The only way to do this is to turn them on and have them take up real estate on the home screen (which I don't particularly care for). Why Verizon feels that I need to know that they are my carrier by putting it in the notification area on the lock screen is beyond me. That needs to go.
    04-08-2015 09:13 AM
    Yea the Verizon Wireless on the lock notification bar sucks. I keep thinking I have messages. The notifications on the lockscreen are nice but they don't work. I have to click on it then swipe to unlock. It's really cumbersome.

There's a little bit of lag opening the camera from the lockscreen too.

04-08-2015 10:18 AM
    I'll agree with the locks Creek notifications as well. Cumbersome! I have seen where it might be changing on 5.1 to be more like kit kat is

04-08-2015 10:56 AM
    So by Fall 2016?

04-08-2015 11:02 AM
    Yea only available on the note 7 lol
    04-08-2015 11:10 AM
    factory reset fixes it
    04-08-2015 11:26 AM
    factory reset fixes it
    Fixes what?

04-08-2015 12:33 PM
    factory reset fixes it
    Could you please be more vague?
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-08-2015 03:30 PM
    No problems here at all, same since the beginning of the android era.
    04-08-2015 05:18 PM
    One other very minor, but very irritating thing that Lollipop appears to have fixed is that previously, for whatever reason, when i tapped on the "1" on the lock screen to put my PIN in, it very often would not register the tap. This would only happen for the #1. Very frustrating to get the invalid PIN message when the press of the "1" didn't register as I entered my PIN. Since the Lollipop update, it's been flawless and has registered the tap every time.

Again, minor, but to me personally, a major fix of a personal inconvenience.
    04-08-2015 05:32 PM
    Battery was running down faster after Lollipop download. So at the suggestion of many people here, I did a factory reset. Now battery life is actually worse. I'm typically at 50-60% after 10 hours. Now it's 40%. Did a cache wipe after factory reset and my apps reinstalled. Will do a cache wipe again tomorrow.
    04-08-2015 05:53 PM
    Since the update to 5.01, when I turn on wifi, the mobile network no longer turns off automatically. I still see the arrows moving under the 4g symbol. How do I get the 4g data to turn off when wifi is on without having to manually go in and turn off mobile networks?

04-08-2015 06:45 PM
    Just got lollipop on Monday. My one issue is minor, but annoying. I normally use a custom notification tone, but that option seems to be gone. For ringtones I can add a file to the list, but not for notifications. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way around it?

04-08-2015 07:47 PM
    No factory reset here. Have lollipop since Sunday. Finally today the battery is not draining.. Back to normal. However said indexing was probably right. I'm happy
    04-08-2015 09:27 PM
    Sorry to hear that. But my phone works well.
    04-09-2015 02:06 AM
    My two issues have seemed to fix themselves. I turned the phone off a couple times since updating but other than that I've just been using it and YouTube works now for me after re-updating it and Bluetooth has streamed mostly flawlessly. Battery is also slowly improving but still noticeably worse than with kitkat. I am very happy I purchased a second battery because it's almost a necessity for me now.
    04-09-2015 11:44 AM
226 ... 45678 ...