04-28-2015 01:50 PM
226 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Could you please be more vague?
    grab the pitchforks and torches i neglected to hit the quote button.....battery drain and sounds and notification settings force close solved with factory reset!!!! happy now?
    04-09-2015 12:36 PM
    The only problem I had after the download, while I was at Starbucks was with the wifi..I checked to make sure my wifi was on and connected...but! the wifi keep disconnected and I lost some data..I reported the problem to Samsung and they said to turn the Airport mode on and than off, and shut down your phone off for 5 minutes. ..and if that didn't work turn off your data....

From by A Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 03:20 PM
    Today the battery life seems to be doing much better. I'm at 74% after six hours of use, which is about what it was before Lollipop on a typical day of use. Did another cache wipe and battery pull (had to switch to backup battery) so I'm not sure if that helped.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-09-2015 03:43 PM
    Is it just me, and I really hope it's not, but does there seem to be a bit of a hitch when opening folders after the lollipop upset??!! I hard reset my phone before AND after the upgrade and wiped the cache. I haven't noticed much lag anywhere else except for expanding the folders... Anyone else seeing something simular?!
    04-10-2015 03:06 AM
    Same here - food mode crashes.
    04-10-2015 07:26 AM
    Same here - food mode crashes.
    Huh I just used my food mode last night with no issues.
    04-10-2015 08:39 AM
    Thinking that the universal fix-all, rebooting, would solve the problem, I restarted my Lollipop Note 4 and I still have the food mode crash problem.

Huh I just used my food mode last night with no issues.
    04-10-2015 08:50 AM
    Has anyone with bad battery life checked your wakelocks? My battery life went downhill a few days after installing lollipop. Most of my wakelocks are coming from the Google search app, also a lot from Hangouts and Gmail.

I have noticed I lose more battery with a weak signal than on kitkat,even with advanced calling turned off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-10-2015 08:55 AM
    Battery drains noticeably faster. 13% overnight (8 hours) after battery swap with freshly charged Samsung battery? No apps running. Same during the day, just drains more quickly. Also, the two features I was excited about re: lollipop are not present: Double tap to wake, and Always listening. (Always listening works from an unlocked phone screen, but not while screen is off). They are just not supported? Double tap to wake is just nowhere in settings.

Any ideas on any of this?
    04-10-2015 09:12 AM
    Thinking that the universal fix-all, rebooting, would solve the problem, I restarted my Lollipop Note 4 and I still have the food mode crash problem.
    Not just hard resets or reboots, you should do a full factory reset.

04-10-2015 09:51 AM
    Just some unsolicited commentary... I see a lot of people advocating a full factory reset after the Lollipop update to fix whatever lingering issues arise after updating. While I agree that, in many cases, doing so alleviates the issues, it's my firm belief that this is an inherent flaw with the process in general. There is no reason that updating should force one to have to put the device back to factory defaults and state in order to alleviate issues. I'm not sure if the issue lies in the hardware or in the software or the simple fact that Android is meant to accommodate a large array of devices so there is a lot more idiosyncrasy inherent in it. However, it is a major inconvenience to the end user if the end-user is to be expected to perform a factory reset after each update in order to get their device working.

Yes, I understand that it is easy nowadays to backup your information/apps/etc. and perform the factory reset and then restore. But ease shouldn't be an excuse for something not simply performing as expected out of the box. I work in the IT industry and to me this is a huge inconvenience that seems like it should be able to be avoided (at least to a large extent as there are always exceptions to every rule).

I was lucky enough after the update that I didn't have to perform the factory reset. However, if I were forced to I'd not have been real happy about it. I;m sure I'm just rambling on and it is much ado about nothing. But, I have certain expectations and something like this falls outside of them. Feel free to flame away but that's just one person's opinion.
    04-10-2015 11:34 AM
    Just some unsolicited commentary... I see a lot of people advocating a full factory reset after the Lollipop update to fix whatever lingering issues arise after updating. While I agree that, in many cases, doing so alleviates the issues, it's my firm belief that this is an inherent flaw with the process in general. There is no reason that updating should force one to have to put the device back to factory defaults and state in order to alleviate issues. I'm not sure if the issue lies in the hardware or in the software or the simple fact that Android is meant to accommodate a large array of devices so there is a lot more idiosyncrasy inherent in it. However, it is a major inconvenience to the end user if the end-user is to be expected to perform a factory reset after each update in order to get their device working.

Yes, I understand that it is easy nowadays to backup your information/apps/etc. and perform the factory reset and then restore. But ease shouldn't be an excuse for something not simply performing as expected out of the box. I work in the IT industry and to me this is a huge inconvenience that seems like it should be able to be avoided (at least to a large extent as there are always exceptions to every rule).

I was lucky enough after the update that I didn't have to perform the factory reset. However, if I were forced to I'd not have been real happy about it. I;m sure I'm just rambling on and it is much ado about nothing. But, I have certain expectations and something like this falls outside of them. Feel free to flame away but that's just one person's opinion.
    Agree. Having to do a factory reset is my absolute last resort! I hate it.

04-10-2015 12:08 PM

Normally, a OS upgrade should be as the name implies: an upgrade to the experience of using our daily, indispensable tools. Nowadays, whether Android or iOS, a OS upgrade is met with much apprehension

i too am on the same boat that it shouldn't require users to do a factory reset or something of that calibre for the upgrade to "work"

And yeah, each carrier has their distinct quirks and what not in its relation with Android, but i think that Lollipop itself is most likely the culprit with all these recent posts
    04-10-2015 12:26 PM
    Am I the only having this problem? I get a notification message from FB via text messaging from one of my contacts, and when I click on the link to see the whole message in Facebook I get a box that says "Unfortunately, Internet has stopped" This is driving me insane, and I do not want to do a factory reset, anyone know how to fix this? This started happening right after the Lollipop update!! Help and Thanks :-)
    04-10-2015 04:48 PM
    Argh, phone is noticeably slower and more frustrating is every now and then the home key decides to stop responding

I have cleared the cache twice and it has not helped. Give me back Kitkat. I loved my note then, now I have random thoughts of throwing it against a wall...
    04-10-2015 07:05 PM
    Yeah, this is definitely a downgrade. Used to be able to briefly power on phone to see if I had notifications or alerts that would require unlocking the phone. Now I have to unlock the phone. Waste of my time, battery power and requires 2 hands
    04-10-2015 07:10 PM
    Why can't you smart unlock against a wifi SSID
    04-10-2015 07:13 PM
    I do too. Food mode in camera crashes. Also volume under settings crashes.

04-10-2015 10:29 PM
    I updated yesterday and all was fine, but an hour ago my phone restarted itself and was stuck on the Verizon logo red screen for a really long time until I finally had to pull the battery. Anything to worry about? I just hope this was a one time thing.
    04-11-2015 01:13 AM
    I'm sticking with kitkat too many problems with lollipop not worth the hassle right now

04-11-2015 07:57 AM
    Just got lollipop on Monday. My one issue is minor, but annoying. I normally use a custom notification tone, but that option seems to be gone. For ringtones I can add a file to the list, but not for notifications. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way around it?

I have been having the same problem. Cannot get notification sound to change. I have tried everything I can think off to do.
    Anybody got any ideas?
    When I change it under "Sound and norification", it shows the ringtone I want as the notification ringtone I set, but I still get the standard notification tone, not the one I set and not the one that shows under notification ringtone.
    04-11-2015 09:06 AM
    There's a ringtones folder and a notifications folder. Add your tone files there respectively.

If you're having issues with the sounds and notification settings or battery drain issues related to the media service I do have a suggestion that's one step short of a factory reset.

Go to the application manager and clear the cache AND data on the following 2 services then restart the phone,

DCMProvider
    Media Storage

After doing this all of your ring tones and notifications will temporarily disappear. Leave the phone on for about half an hour and they will magically reappear. Then recheck your sound and notification settings and correct them.

This solved a bunch of issues on my phone after the Lollipop upgrade.
    04-11-2015 10:03 AM
    I do too. Food mode in camera crashes. Also volume under settings crashes.

Easy fix. Go to camera, then mode, then download, then select food shot, uninstall then reinstall. Fixed this same issue for me.
    04-11-2015 01:28 PM

If you were updating your computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8, would you do a clean install, or would you just do the upgrade? :-)

Same principle, but admittedly much easier to do on a phone... :-)

04-11-2015 04:51 PM
    I'm not sure if it's the upgrade, but I live on the fringe of my Verizon service and I picked up my phone in October and my service has been actually ok, even better than most of my past phones, but after the upgrade I have no service 98% of the time and when I see service it's only one bar.
    I've done three resets, cleared cache multiple times driven the two miles where good service is available and restarted and nothing. I've been reading and waiting to see if anyone has had similar problems but I have found nothing.. like I said this phone was good until upgrade and the moment I restarted after upgrade, nothing.. any thoughts? Anyone else?

I personally wasn't happy with the upgrade but I guess change takes getting used to. I didn't like the new notifications but I'm getting used to it and if only my phone would work I think I may learn to like it, I've gone in and changed my settings for different reception but again no change.
    Kind of hoping the the next upgrade to 5.1 helps I can text out via WiFi but absolutely no calls..
    Sorry I'm a noob.. and my first post.

TimGoodwin likes this.
    04-11-2015 05:18 PM
226 ... 56789 ...