Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
2 issues thus far:

1) Constantly getting a popup message that com.sec.imsservice had stopped (like every 5 seconds). Fixed this by going into the Application Manager and then going into BOTH Contacts and com.sec.imsservice and clearing the cache (I booted into Safe Mode first just so I wouldn't have to deal with the constant popups and then rebooted the phone after clearing both caches).

2) Youmail application opens but voice mail no longer goes to Youmail (defaults to Verizon vmail app now) and I cannot make it use Youmail again. Haven't figured out how to get this working. Anyone else having this Youmail issue?

Old Guy 59

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the com.sec.imsservice issue and despite doing what you did...repeatedly....never got the error message to go away. Had to do a factory reset. Afterwards YouMail works fine....although you do have to go back into YouMail and re-setup the VM forwarding. Good Luck!

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
A lot of people have had that issue and it seems the only way to fix it is to do a factory reset. I did the reset and everything is working fine now. :)
It is a little time consuming but most of that is reentering passwords for apps, I didn't lose anythings between either a Samsung cloud backup or Verizon cloud backup. I don't remember which one it was but I was asked if I wanted to do that during the reset process and I said yes, that part restored my emails and IM's. I use Firefox browser so I've not had to redo passwords for any of my sites because Firefox sync takes care of all of that.

I am noticing a big improvement in battery life since the reset and the phone seems snappier overall.

rrabago

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
A lot of people have had that issue and it seems the only way to fix it is to do a factory reset. I did the reset and everything is working fine now. :)
It is a little time consuming but most of that is reentering passwords for apps, I didn't lose anythings between either a Samsung cloud backup or Verizon cloud backup. I don't remember which one it was but I was asked if I wanted to do that during the reset process and I said yes, that part restored my emails and IM's. I use Firefox browser so I've not had to redo passwords for any of my sites because Firefox sync takes care of all of that.

I am noticing a big improvement in battery life since the reset and the phone seems snappier overall.

I can second that, after several days of sluggish behavior l decided to do a factory reset. Better results all around... I'm very happy with Lollipop at this point.

All the best!

Posted via the Android Central App

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
You can no longer take a picture while pressing the home button and the power button. When I try and do that it takes me to Google now page. I can only palm swipe.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
You can no longer take a picture while pressing the home button and the power button. When I try and do that it takes me to Google now page. I can only palm swipe.

You mean a screenshot??? Works for me...

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the com.sec.imsservice issue and despite doing what you did...repeatedly....never got the error message to go away. Had to do a factory reset. Afterwards YouMail works fine....although you do have to go back into YouMail and re-setup the VM forwarding. Good Luck!

Yes, I got Youmail to work again by logging out/logging back in and going through the process to make Youmail my voicemail provider.

That sucks that you couldn't get the com.sec.imsservice to go away without a factory reset. That was a pain.

Lady Grinning Soul

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I started getting notifications this morning about the Lollipop update, requiring 2 downloads. I postponed it till later today, thinking I would look here to see if there were any issues. Glad I did.

The idea of having my notification and sound controls either made less functional or more difficult to find has ZERO appeal. Ditto troubleshooting the deliberately difficult Android menuing system.

Then a little while ago I called Verizon about another matter, but I asked a support person about the update, and whether I should let it go ahead or wait until things shake out. He said that he would wait a bit. I think I'll wait. KK is working well for now. And neither Google nor Samsung are paying me to beta test.

chubby22

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed I can't retrain google voice. All options are greyed out... Also, where it says say OK google to start a voice search, always on and personal results are greyed out as well... Is there something I need to have on to resolve this? Also when setting up do not disturb, I selected a time to do it from, but it silences all notifications no matter what....

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded it about 4 hours ago and installed it. It seemed to run fine. Following the suggestion of several folks I did a factory reset and then set it up again. Works great so far and no issues.

EDIT:
I have found that the lock screen has a feature that I don't like. Namely, when Notifications are active and a message or other event happens, the lock screen large clock (an option for the clock I use) and the "additional information line" (which I also very much like) change. Namely, the clock is made much smaller and moved from the center of the lock screen to the left side and the additional information is no longer seen.
After shutting off Notifications in Lollipop and then in every other app with a notification option, and in every email acct in my email app I mostly have gotten the lock screen to behave like the KitKat version.
All that being said, this is a minor personal issue and not a bug or defect in Lollipop in my opinion, simply a different method of operation.

You know, a lot of people seem to be kind of unhappy with what they've done with the lock screen. Version 5.1 supposedly will have to KitKat style notifications on the lock screen from what I'm reading... It does leave some to be desired! it would be nice to be able to move things around where you want them to come up on the lock screen. For example, if you always wanted the clock to show up in the lower left hand corner you could drag it and size it...

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset after the lollipop upgrade for me! very, very happy... I think a lot of things were taken care of. as others have stated, I'm not really a fan of how the lock screen operates anymore, but for me that's a relatively minor issue because I'm so happy with everything else. To anybody reading this... Do the factory reset after the install. :)

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Overall performance after the update has been very good.... better than pre-update. Battery also performing well, if not better, than before.

Biggest gripe is also the lock screen. Prior to the update, I could quickly press a button to see the lock screen and I could see the icons in the upper left of the notifications area/bar for any alerts (text, email, app downloads, etc.). Now, that area has been replaced with "Verizon Wireless" and there are no indications of any alerts. The only way to do this is to turn them on and have them take up real estate on the home screen (which I don't particularly care for). Why Verizon feels that I need to know that they are my carrier by putting it in the notification area on the lock screen is beyond me. That needs to go.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea the Verizon Wireless on the lock notification bar sucks. I keep thinking I have messages. The notifications on the lockscreen are nice but they don't work. I have to click on it then swipe to unlock. It's really cumbersome.

There's a little bit of lag opening the camera from the lockscreen too.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll agree with the locks Creek notifications as well. Cumbersome! I have seen where it might be changing on 5.1 to be more like kit kat is

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang