Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
One other very minor, but very irritating thing that Lollipop appears to have fixed is that previously, for whatever reason, when i tapped on the "1" on the lock screen to put my PIN in, it very often would not register the tap. This would only happen for the #1. Very frustrating to get the invalid PIN message when the press of the "1" didn't register as I entered my PIN. Since the Lollipop update, it's been flawless and has registered the tap every time.

Again, minor, but to me personally, a major fix of a personal inconvenience.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Battery was running down faster after Lollipop download. So at the suggestion of many people here, I did a factory reset. Now battery life is actually worse. I'm typically at 50-60% after 10 hours. Now it's 40%. Did a cache wipe after factory reset and my apps reinstalled. Will do a cache wipe again tomorrow.

Eric Lipkind

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Since the update to 5.01, when I turn on wifi, the mobile network no longer turns off automatically. I still see the arrows moving under the 4g symbol. How do I get the 4g data to turn off when wifi is on without having to manually go in and turn off mobile networks?

Posted via the Android Central App

NIUHuskie

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got lollipop on Monday. My one issue is minor, but annoying. I normally use a custom notification tone, but that option seems to be gone. For ringtones I can add a file to the list, but not for notifications. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a way around it?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
No factory reset here. Have lollipop since Sunday. Finally today the battery is not draining.. Back to normal. However said indexing was probably right. I'm happy

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
My two issues have seemed to fix themselves. I turned the phone off a couple times since updating but other than that I've just been using it and YouTube works now for me after re-updating it and Bluetooth has streamed mostly flawlessly. Battery is also slowly improving but still noticeably worse than with kitkat. I am very happy I purchased a second battery because it's almost a necessity for me now.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
The only problem I had after the download, while I was at Starbucks was with the wifi..I checked to make sure my wifi was on and connected...but! the wifi keep disconnected and I lost some data..I reported the problem to Samsung and they said to turn the Airport mode on and than off, and shut down your phone off for 5 minutes. ..and if that didn't work turn off your data....

From by A Samsung Galaxy Note 4

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Today the battery life seems to be doing much better. I'm at 74% after six hours of use, which is about what it was before Lollipop on a typical day of use. Did another cache wipe and battery pull (had to switch to backup battery) so I'm not sure if that helped.

sroger21

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me, and I really hope it's not, but does there seem to be a bit of a hitch when opening folders after the lollipop upset??!! I hard reset my phone before AND after the upgrade and wiped the cache. I haven't noticed much lag anywhere else except for expanding the folders... Anyone else seeing something simular?!

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with bad battery life checked your wakelocks? My battery life went downhill a few days after installing lollipop. Most of my wakelocks are coming from the Google search app, also a lot from Hangouts and Gmail.

I have noticed I lose more battery with a weak signal than on kitkat,even with advanced calling turned off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Les Abbott

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Battery drains noticeably faster. 13% overnight (8 hours) after battery swap with freshly charged Samsung battery? No apps running. Same during the day, just drains more quickly. Also, the two features I was excited about re: lollipop are not present: Double tap to wake, and Always listening. (Always listening works from an unlocked phone screen, but not while screen is off). They are just not supported? Double tap to wake is just nowhere in settings.

Any ideas on any of this?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thinking that the universal fix-all, rebooting, would solve the problem, I restarted my Lollipop Note 4 and I still have the food mode crash problem.

Not just hard resets or reboots, you should do a full factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon