04-28-2015 12:50 PM
226 ... 78910
tools
    Lots of freezing up for up to 1 min or so, and when it thaws, it goes back to the home screen. When it does this, the home button doesn't work. This usually happens when I have clicked a link and then it either freezes while loading or I just get a black screen that's frozen. This happens numerous times a day.
    I did a factory reset a few days after lollipop, it didn't help.
    My Note 4 was perfect before lollipop. I'm not a happy camper.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    04-19-2015 09:56 PM
    Well I definitely think I have a issue with Data usage after the update...Even though when I am connected to Wifi, 4G LTE still lights up..and also during calls, 4G LTE lights up..talked to verizon, and they said yes during HD calls u will use some data..but as i mentioned, even during WiFI my 4G LTE is still running, to which verizon says it's the whole "smart switch" and they recommend i turn off mobile data when I am connected to WiFI...this is so cumbersome!
    That is very interesting, because I am on Verizon and this is not happening to me. I am NOT using 4G LTE with my wifi. however, I chose not to activate advanced calling because it was not compatible with the caller ID I'm using. This almost sounds like a bug, or maybe it's intentional to get people to use more data? :-) whatever the case, it might be interesting for someone to try turning off their advanced calling and see if that problem goes away. again, I would do it that I would lose my caller ID.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-19-2015 10:07 PM
    That is very interesting, because I am on Verizon and this is not happening to me. I am NOT using 4G LTE with my wifi. however, I chose not to activate advanced calling because it was not compatible with the caller ID I'm using. This almost sounds like a bug, or maybe it's intentional to get people to use more data? :-) whatever the case, it might be interesting for someone to try turning off their advanced calling and see if that problem goes away. again, I would do it that I would lose my caller ID.

Well even though I turn off the Advance calling, the 4G LTE still lights up!
    This definitely is a BUG...now if it's from Verizon, yeah I can see they are banking on ppl using more Data!
    04-19-2015 10:18 PM
    Yes I have had bad signal in my house since,always had 4g,now mostly 3g and sometimes 1x

04-20-2015 05:14 AM
    I must say after reading all of the problems Verizon users are experiencing with the Lollipop update on the GS5 and Note 4, I don't know why they aren't getting it fixed and why customers would stay with that kind of service. I am glad I am on ATT. Comparing the both of them, Verizon doesn't appear to come close in terms of quality product and implementation. Seeing how these 2 are the only real options, I would abandon ship.
    04-20-2015 05:46 AM
    I must say after reading all of the problems Verizon users are experiencing with the Lollipop update on the GS5 and Note 4, I don't know why they aren't getting it fixed and why customers would stay with that kind of service. I am glad I am on ATT. Comparing the both of them, Verizon doesn't appear to come close in terms of quality product and implementation. Seeing how these 2 are the only real options, I would abandon ship.
    Factory resets take care of the overwhelming number of problems after a major OS update. I would never stick up for Verizon but the Lollipop issues are not the fault of Verizon's. It's the problem of overlapping software and it happens on all carrier phones.

Oh ... and if you are going to go into the wilderness, or even far out rural, you might want to abandon that AT&T phone because you are not going to get service.
    04-20-2015 07:46 AM
    i hate vzw as much as the next guy but their cell coverage is hands down the best IMO. thats why i put up with their high price and BS...
    skatergirl, ehstaley and karsdroid like this.
    04-20-2015 08:11 AM
    In Indiana they are about the same in coverage. I carried a Verizon phone for work and ATT for personal use and they both have places that don't have service. My kids are on Verizon and their S5's have major issues after lollipop and factory resets. It's unfortunate. Verizon has great customer service and I was with them for a stint but they are very exspensive
    04-20-2015 08:19 AM
    In Indiana they are about the same in coverage. I carried a Verizon phone for work and ATT for personal use and they both have places that don't have service. My kids are on Verizon and their S5's have major issues after lollipop and factory resets. It's unfortunate. Verizon has great customer service and I was with them for a stint but they are very exspensive
    Do the kids have extended warranties on those phones that still do not work after the factory reset? If so, they should be replaced.
    04-20-2015 08:26 AM
    Do the kids have extended warranties on those phones that still do not work after the factory reset? If so, they should be replaced.
    My son's has been replaced twice. Still laggy, apps shutting down, and the battery life is terrible. Verizon said they are aware of the problems and hope to have a download coming to fix it. Standard line you get from any carrier when they don't know how to fix it.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-20-2015 08:40 AM
    My son's has been replaced twice. Still laggy, apps shutting down, and the battery life is terrible. Verizon said they are aware of the problems and hope to have a download coming to fix it. Standard line you get from any carrier when they don't know how to fix it.
    Hopefully a fix is found soon. My brother has an S5 and he has on and off complaints. I know they had one small update when the Notes were getting Lollipop. That seemed to work for a while but it is hard to tell with my brother because he is not a very patient guy, lol.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    04-20-2015 08:59 AM
    It depends on how you use your phone. My girlfriend has the s5 on Verizon and hasn't had a single problem ever. I don't even think she did a factory reset.

skatergirl likes this.
    04-20-2015 09:48 AM
    It depends on how you use your phone. My girlfriend has the s5 on Verizon and hasn't had a single problem ever. I don't even think she did a factory reset.

This is very true.
    04-20-2015 12:34 PM
    This is very true.
    Off topic but I saw a post of yours and the icons were badass. Can you tell me what they were?
    04-20-2015 12:42 PM
    Definitely having signal issues as well! My signal is not even close to being as strong. Have 2 bars where I normally have 4-5. It looks like the phone is searching for signal more and using battery faster

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!
    04-20-2015 12:50 PM
    I've had my phone lock up a few times while in the Facebook app, not sure if it's a Facebook issue or a phone/Lollipop issue. Regardless if I hit the back button, home or recent it is non responsive and then finally comes back about 5-10 seconds later. It's only done this 2-3 times but annoying when it does. I've cleared all cache, also the recovery cache and restarted the phone so I'll have to see if it comes back again.
    04-20-2015 02:52 PM
    I've had my phone lock up a few times while in the Facebook app, not sure if it's a Facebook issue or a phone/Lollipop issue. Regardless if I hit the back button, home or recent it is non responsive and then finally comes back about 5-10 seconds later. It's only done this 2-3 times but annoying when it does. I've cleared all cache, also the recovery cache and restarted the phone so I'll have to see if it comes back again.
    Yup, this is what mine is doing as well. Very frustrating. I plan on calling Verizon to ask for a replacement in the next couple of days.

I would be grateful for any suggestions anyone has for how to fix this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    04-20-2015 10:49 PM
    Finally got tired of the 8 hr battery time and hot phone after my lollipop upgrade. Did a factory reset last night. Was a PITA but used Kies so it wasn't horrible. Now only time will tell if it worked. I will report back .....
    04-21-2015 07:28 AM
    Gotta wonder if there is anyone not having issues with this upgrade. I'm staying w/KK due mainly to battery issues, so I've disabled OTA and Knox for the time being.

FWIW, XDA has rollback to stock KK thread here.

After rollback, you can disable (and re-enable) OTA updates here and here ( I used the first link).
    04-21-2015 01:33 PM
    only issue here is the lock screen notification when fully charged at night.
    WalkingHorse likes this.
    04-21-2015 09:09 PM
    Well even though I turn off the Advance calling, the 4G LTE still lights up!
    This definitely is a BUG...now if it's from Verizon, yeah I can see they are banking on ppl using more Data!
    Well, if it's a bug in lollipop, why is this not happening to me? It sounds more like a bug in some app that we do not have in common... Unless I misunderstood? You are on Verizon, right?

04-21-2015 10:57 PM
    Finally got tired of the 8 hr battery time and hot phone after my lollipop upgrade. Did a factory reset last night. Was a PITA but used Kies so it wasn't horrible. Now only time will tell if it worked. I will report back .....
    Nope still bad battery and hot phone after resetting. Battery is better but still sucks. Need 5.0.2 ..... :-(
    04-22-2015 09:17 AM
    I've had some app issues.
    * lock screen : Was using Widget locker, it had bad issues with voicemail so had to remove it. Found the best recommendations were for C- Locker, bought that, had it all set up, noticed phone was very laggy, widgets crashing, even would have it reboot sometimes when answering a call. So, back to the plain factory lock screen.
    * Always used aquamail, now plain text emails have a font so tiny I have to zoom on every mail to max just to get them barely readable. Removed aquamail, now using stock email.
    I'm assuming all this is from the update as everything worked perfect before that.
    04-22-2015 11:28 AM
    I had big problems with my Note 4 after the update too...continuous rebooting! Verizon also pushed out the update (or Samsung, whoever) in two steps. The first update went fine. Two minutes later came the one I'd been waiting for...Lollipop 5.0.1. That was where I had the problem. Verizon was zero help, and Samsung said they'd 'look at it' if I sent it to them. I guess they don't realize SOME OF US NEED OUR DEVICES! SO, I did a factory reset, which I HATE doing, and it worked! Try that before shipping it off and being without it for two weeks. Even SAMSUNG tech support never suggested doing a factory reset, but Best Buy did (called them out of desperation). 5 minutes later I was back in business (of course it'll take another year to reconfigure everything the way I had it before!). Good luck, let us know if that works...beats sending it away!

04-28-2015 07:10 AM
    Well, I ended up sending my M7 off to HTC. It was gone for 2.5 weeks (borrowed an old iphone in the meantime - not a fan of iphones), but they did not charge me anything. It is now running on 4.3, and I'm not sure if I want to update it to 4.4.2 as that is when the problems started.
    04-28-2015 07:16 AM
226 ... 78910