Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
My phone is running great now. During the update my phone got hot. First boot up it was laggy as heck. Did a factory reset and everything is fantastic.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyway we can disable those lock screen notifications? I tried all the setting options but can't seem to find that floating notifications option anywhere?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I know when setting up this lollipop update i had the option to display which kind of notifications..tht is "sensitive" only, "hide all notifications" etc etc..

I don't see tht option now!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I know when setting up this lollipop update i had the option to display which kind of notifications..tht is "sensitive" only, "hide all notifications" etc etc..

I don't see tht option now!
"Settings">"Device">"Sound and Notification">scroll down to "While Locked" and click - you then have a choice of "Show all content", "Hide sensitive content" or "Do not show notifications"!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
why is the 4G LTE highlighted (not grayed out) even though my WiFi is on...in the past it would do like that if a app is using it...like verizon vmail..but it's not the issue right now..any help?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
why is the 4G LTE highlighted (not grayed out) even though my WiFi is on...in the past it would do like that if a app is using it...like verizon vmail..but it's not the issue right now..any help?
To me, everything in the task bar is the same color/shade now... I remember what you mean though!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
don't get what you are trying to say..this is mine! it's annoying..!

They must have changed the function - I have been watching mine since your last post - the "4G" is bright, the "4G bars" are bright and changing but the "Transmit/Receive Arrows" under the 4G are grayed out. To me, that means 4G LTE is doing nothing! With KitKat, the "4G" itself was grayed out - I don't think it's a problem unless you see "Arrow" activity. One of my wireless arrows is lit so it must be doing something but the 4G arrows have not changed - grayed out!

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
They must have changed the function - I have been watching mine since your last post - the "4G" is bright, the "4G bars" are bright and changing but the "Transmit/Receive Arrows" under the 4G are grayed out. To me, that means 4G LTE is doing nothing! With KitKat, the "4G" itself was grayed out - I don't think it's a problem unless you see "Arrow" activity. One of my wireless arrows is lit so it must be doing something but the 4G arrows have not changed - grayed out!

I noticed that too.

Posted via the Android Central App

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No problems yet. Everything very snappy! I'm really liking it so far!

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site

Guys, it's because of Advanced Calling. That takes place on LTE so the device can't completely drop the connection to LTE when wifi is connected now because that is your primary voice network now too.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So advanced calling is going to count against my data plan? Even if it's to a phone on my shared plan?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there any fix for settings going down when you try to adjust volume/notification?

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys, it's because of Advanced Calling. That takes place on LTE so the device can't completely drop the connection to LTE when wifi is connected now because that is your primary voice network now too.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time.

I figured it could be tht...I turned off Advanced calling and since the entire 4G grayed out, it didn't..don't know if i had to reboot the phone for it to see effect!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So advanced calling is going to count against my data plan? Even if it's to a phone on my shared plan?

no it won't...don't worry about it...u can read it on verizon's website tht it's free! (doesn't count against data i meant)

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
IIRC it shouldn't. I read over some of the details a couple weeks back and I believe they said that voice calls will still deduct minutes from your regular minutes, while utilizing video calling will deduct from your allotted data amount.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

U do make a good point...I will keep a close eye on it to see if those arrows light up..i think i have seen them light up even when on Wifi, but now i will monitor it closely!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Like several folks in this thread, I downloaded and installed last evening - when complete, Facebook App (which Lollipop re-installed) wouldn't work properly as with KitKat so I dumped it as before. I had the same "Google" error message twice but not since - that's it! All my other Apps work fine - I was up until 1:00 AM playing with the phone - no problems. The one thing that concerns me is the "Radio" - I have consistently had a 4G connection at my house, upstairs and in the basement where the computers are. Since the update, I'm falling back to 3G downstairs - it will occasionally pop up to 4G but I haven't experienced seeing 3G on a phone in like three years at my house! I "wiped cache" but don't really want to deal with a "Factory Reset" at this point! Anyone else see a loss in "Verizon" LTE signal since Lollipop update?
I have noticed this as well. In the signal bar graph, I am seeing a lot of red and yellow. I also have times with no signal showing. I didn't have any issues prior to the update. If I go to send a text and I see a "no service found" error, I am going to lose it. The 4.4 4 update on my Note 3 did it in and I needed to get a warranty replacement.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk