Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
"Settings">"Device">"Sound and Notification">scroll down to "While Locked" and click - you then have a choice of "Show all content", "Hide sensitive content" or "Do not show notifications"!

How do we define "sensitive"? Video I saw on Lollipop showed it as part of the Sound and Notifications - Application Notifications page. But it is missing on the Note 4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I gave up. Talked to both Verizon and Samsung. They said the only fix for "so is there a fix for the "sound and notification" force close issue" was to do a factory reset. So I used Kies to back up, did the factory reset and then did a restore.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
How do we define "sensitive"? Video I saw on Lollipop showed it as part of the Sound and Notifications - Application Notifications page. But it is missing on the Note 4.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

"Hide sensitive content" doesn't show emails or texts that someone else could read with the phone locked - "Show all" does exactly that! And the setting IS part of Sound and Notifications - just scroll down to "While locked", click it and you'll see the 3 choices.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I gave up. Talked to both Verizon and Samsung. They said the only fix for "so is there a fix for the "sound and notification" force close issue" was to do a factory reset. So I used Kies to back up, did the factory reset and then did a restore.

Kies doesn't back up your email account settings, etc. though, does it?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

So did it work?

Posted via the Android Central App

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
"Hide sensitive content" doesn't show emails or texts that someone else could read with the phone locked - "Show all" does exactly that! And the setting IS part of Sound and Notifications - just scroll down to "While locked", click it and you'll see the 3 choices.

Thanks. I found that setting. But actually there is a setting by application where some things can be set based on the specific application. In the picture below (from a Nexus), you see three settings: Block, Priority, Sensitive. The sensitive identifies the specific app. This option is missing from the Note 4 :(. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=70&v=SY2kAqCqOko

NexusSettings.PNG

rdjr74

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm also concerned with the 4g not grayed out while on Wi-Fi. My screen shot shows yellow by the 4g. Does that mean it's on standby? I've been on Wi-Fi for the whole charge cycle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-04-23-54-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-23-54-16.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 200

Auriana

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Ever since the update my custom notification sound won't play when I receive a text. Tried selecting it again and restarting but no luck. Any thoughts?

Laura Menzie

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
After my update when I go into settings and select sounds and notifications it pops up that settings has stopped working. Anyone else having this issue?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So every phone that has advanced calling will show 4G even when connected to WiFi. It will show but be inactive. It is there so when you are on WiFi it will still make HD calls. Now if you have Advanced Calling off then it will just do nothing.

jch465

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
For my HTC One M7, ATT is releasing Lollipop in a two part update. First to 4.4.2, then to 5.0. The 4.4.2 crashed my WiFi, therefore no more updates, as they only come through WiFi. Several calls between ATT and HTC. ATT finally agreed to have one of their service centers look at it. They hardwired it to their computer and updated it to 5.0. Still no Wifi, and whenever the phone goes into standby mode, it reboots itself - which can be an endless loop of rebooting until the battery dies. It will also reboot in the middle of operation. ATT says sorry, but you can spend more money and upgrade. HTC agreed to look at it, and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I will ship it off this week and see what happens. I have really liked the phone, and from the little I was able to do with it after the update, I noticed it was a lot faster and more responsive, but it is virtually unusable at this point. My son got the M8 last year and is very happy with it. When I told him, we might be moving over to Verizon, he asked if he could keep his phone.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So every phone that has advanced calling will show 4G even when connected to WiFi. It will show but be inactive. It is there so when you are on WiFi it will still make HD calls. Now if you have Advanced Calling off then it will just do nothing.

I am going to turn this advanced calling off...honestly it's of no use if i can't do video calls..and not ppl out there video call enabled phones anyways!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

and even though I have turned it off, the 4G LTE icon still lights up!

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hang in there. Mine was frustrating for a while after updating. All good now. Just need to figure out how to remove some of these damn notifications.

When you get a notification, pull down the notification panel from the top, tap the little circle with the 'i' in it, and remove the checkmark from the 'show notifications'. You can't do that with system apps like voicemail but all your download apps will let you NOT be annoyed by notifications, and you can always turn them back on again if you wanted to by going into your applications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power