Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
For my HTC One M7, ATT is releasing Lollipop in a two part update. First to 4.4.2, then to 5.0. The 4.4.2 crashed my WiFi, therefore no more updates, as they only come through WiFi. Several calls between ATT and HTC. ATT finally agreed to have one of their service centers look at it. They hardwired it to their computer and updated it to 5.0. Still no Wifi, and whenever the phone goes into standby mode, it reboots itself - which can be an endless loop of rebooting until the battery dies. It will also reboot in the middle of operation. ATT says sorry, but you can spend more money and upgrade. HTC agreed to look at it, and they sent me a prepaid shipping label. I will ship it off this week and see what happens. I have really liked the phone, and from the little I was able to do with it after the update, I noticed it was a lot faster and more responsive, but it is virtually unusable at this point. My son got the M8 last year and is very happy with it. When I told him, we might be moving over to Verizon, he asked if he could keep his phone.

I had big problems with my Note 4 after the update too...continuous rebooting! Verizon also pushed out the update (or Samsung, whoever) in two steps. The first update went fine. Two minutes later came the one I'd been waiting for...Lollipop 5.0.1. That was where I had the problem. Verizon was zero help, and Samsung said they'd 'look at it' if I sent it to them. I guess they don't realize SOME OF US NEED OUR DEVICES! SO, I did a factory reset, which I HATE doing, and it worked! Try that before shipping it off and being without it for two weeks. Even SAMSUNG tech support never suggested doing a factory reset, but Best Buy did (called them out of desperation). 5 minutes later I was back in business (of course it'll take another year to reconfigure everything the way I had it before!). Good luck, let us know if that works...beats sending it away!

Posted via the Android Central App

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I had no problems with my update and since I've updated it. Thank God. The only little issue I had was with Google play services for the first few minutes after updating saying there was an "error"

Yeah, mine too. But I couldn't do anything with it cuz of the looping reboot issue I had.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
and even though I have turned it off, the 4G LTE icon still lights up!
As long as the arrows aren't lit up, it's not using 4G.
I'm also concerned with the 4g not grayed out while on Wi-Fi. My screen shot shows yellow by the 4g. Does that mean it's on standby? I've been on Wi-Fi for the whole charge cycle.
I think the phone always needs a network signal showing regardless of using wifi. If a call comes in, you need to be connected to the network.
I have come to the conclusion that there are 4 distinct colors now for cell network strength.
Green - 4 bars
Yellow - 3 bars
Orange - 2 bars
Red - 1 bar

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I did the factory reset and didn't lose anything ex c ept the keyboard I was using and wallpaper. My contacts everything is ok

jch465

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the advice, but I already tried clearing the cache, recovery, factory reset from settings and factory reset from the boot menu. I agree - I hate sending it off, but I'm a little stuck at this point. I have never unlocked a phone or used a third party ROM, but I was setting everything up and was about 5 seconds away from hitting start, when HTC called back. I'll let you know if they have any luck

TransAm461

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
As long as the arrows aren't lit up, it's not using 4G.

I think the phone always needs a network signal showing regardless of using wifi. If a call comes in, you need to be connected to the network.
I have come to the conclusion that there are 4 distinct colors now for cell network strength.
Green - 4 bars
Yellow - 3 bars
Orange - 2 bars
Red - 1 bar

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I've noticed the same thing on mine after the update,even though both WiFi and 4G are lit up,while surfing the net,only the transfer arrows under my WiFi li ght up.....but here is the problem, I tested it by watching YouTube videos, and it INDEED lights up both the WiFi transfer arrows AND the 4G arrows. My download booster is turned off,as well as everything else I can think of and it still does it. I am NOT happy about that. That's the whole reason I have WiFi at home,so I don't use my data up. Never had this problem with KitKat 4.4. ,the 4G was always greyed out while on WiFi with it (after turning off the Caller ID app).

Other than that,it seems to be running pretty well,I also did the "cache partition delete" right after the update,I have seen no major problems,yet anyway. Just need a fix for the data usage while on WiFi.....

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Who else gets several vibrates when changing these quick shortcuts?

Something is not right.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness does not work as well as it use to. It doesnt go as dim in darker rooms and always seems to be a bit too bright for any given situation.

diale

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The update went well however my battery time is now half what it was. I reinitialized my phone to factory fresh and loaded only most critical apps with no affect. It also broke my BBC media player no now no BBC streaming for when I'm in the UK. BBC says there's a firmware update to Lollipop to fix that and apparently Verizon didn't push it out. Other than that, everything else seems OK.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So every phone that has advanced calling will show 4G even when connected to WiFi. It will show but be inactive. It is there so when you are on WiFi it will still make HD calls. Now if you have Advanced Calling off then it will just do nothing.

how is this different from using 4G to send MMS? Somehow our phones were able to switch back and forth when needed.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The only issues I'm having is that my Gieco app is crashing also I have to press the home button twice In order for me to get out of an application. I already did a factory reset. Hopefully a quick update will help with this. Battery drains faster then normal too

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug or just something that bugs me but why doesn't anything happen when I click on the lockscreen notifications?

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using the stock browser instead of chrome, I can't close any browser tabs. Everytime I click on 1 to close, it closes everything. But when I go to open a new tab they are all still there.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I anyone else getting a faster battery drain? Granted, it's only been about a day. But my normal work day usage is fairly consistent in the morning. Check email, Facebook, and Twitter. Listen to music on the train ride into the office. After about three hours of usage, my battery is typically at ~92%. Today however, with no change to my routine it is at 87%. My Note 4 is running significantly faster (apps are loading super quick). I turned off auto brightness (didn't use it before) but other than that, I left my settings unchanged.

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Note 4 Verizon 5.01

Just noticed, I can't listen to a visual voicemail unless I put it on speaker. If I try to hold the phone to my ear, my ear or something triggers it back to a lock screen. THAT is really annoying. Didn't the morons in development even try to listen to a voicemail and notice this?

4of9

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I can no longer access the "Sound and notification", when I try I get the following error " Unfortunately, Settings has stopped". Very annoying. I had selected to hide sensitive info; but cannot get back in to make any modifications.

Has anyone else seen this problem after upgrading?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs