Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you experience settings crash when trying to adjust volume/notifications? I agree we shouldn't have to do a factory reset. No matter what program I use for backup I always end up losing a few videos. A few people have mentioned they experienced this settings crash but I haven't seen a solution yet. Nor have I heard from anyone that doing a factory reset fixes the problem

Posted via the Android Central App

golfergirl13

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Reduced battery life is one of the reasons the person I spoke to at Verizon suggested he would wait to upgrade. IIRC, he said a version 5.1 would fix that and some other problems.

So, every 24 hours, I postpone the upgrade for another 24 hours. At least it's letting me do that. For now.

FWIW, by battery life on stock KitKat has been extraordinary.

When will version 5.1 be out?

Bayard Davis

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
So I just realized my camera screen is rotated. The phone has the home button on the bottom but the camera buttons are upside down. Sorry if this has been posted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-13-14-37-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-13-14-37-46.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 147

Busbar

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If you synced you apps and data after the reset, it may be worth wiping your cache partition (no real data will be lost). Also be sure you have updated all apps.

1.update apps/reboot
2. wipe cache partition/reboot

I'm still on KK with no plans to migrate. I'm a light user with 48% remaining after 3 days (4g always on). Coming off a Gnex which required daily/twice daily charging, the note has been a delight, and I see little benefit to upgrade, beyond friendlier lockscreen notifications.

Eric16

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any of the previous problems except with "OK google". I can't get it to work when the screen is off. All the settings are enabled to do so and the wife's works but not mine. I did a factory reset also but not for that reason

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
This is day 1 after another cashe wipe. Alot better so far
3da9b4da228366f9596359c09e66bf24.jpg

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
So I went into a verizon store here in NY and a rep told me that today (4/13), verizon officially released the Advance calling feature!!

I went into the store cuz I had the concerns with my 4G LTE being simultaneously used when I was on Wifi and even using 4G LE when I am making calls...he says wait until Monday 4/13 for verizon to officially release the Advance calling feature and then check to see if 4G LTE still causes my concerns

What was he talking about? lol...cuz I have Advance calling on my phone already and I know many other verizon phones have advance calling too!

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
LOL first off there is no way I would willingly update from Win 7 to Win 8 and honestly at this point if the update was forced on me I'd get rid of the Windows computer and get a Mac. Mind you I am NOT an Apple fan but having seen Win 8 no way would I get it. LOL

Now on the other hand if I were updating from Win 7 to Win 10 I probably would try a simple update and if that didn't work I would do a clean install as a last resort. More likely though I wouldn't update at all until I was forced to by having to get a new computer.

i have had smart phones since the DroidX with a new one every year or two and this is the very first update that has messed anything up requiring a factory reset. That said it was worth the trouble but if I have to do it again with 5.1 I will be a very unhappy camper.

When I was considerably younger I enjoyed tweaking things, now that I am old and someone sped up time I just want them to work.

If you were updating your computer from Windows 7 to Windows 8, would you do a clean install, or would you just do the upgrade? :)

Same principle, but admittedly much easier to do on a phone... :)

ClaudiaP

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem and doing a factory reset did indeed fix it.

Did you experience settings crash when trying to adjust volume/notifications? I agree we shouldn't have to do a factory reset. No matter what program I use for backup I always end up losing a few videos. A few people have mentioned they experienced this settings crash but I haven't seen a solution yet. Nor have I heard from anyone that doing a factory reset fixes the problem

sroger21

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I cleared cache, FDR the phone and then installed lollipop. Right after the update I cleared the cache and FDR. 4 or 5 days later the phone was acting weird with icons looking funky and laggy folder opening animations. Bit the bullet and cleared the cache one more time and FDR the phone one more time and now its perfect...and i love lollipop. Moral of the story, you may have to FDR and clear the cache more than once to get it working properly. Why? I have no idea.

Eric Head

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having service issues. Every since the update my Note 4 randomly drops service and I have to restart the phone to get the service back. This happens at least once or twice a day. I didn't have this issue before the OS update.

ronpfid

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Since 5.0
*Sometimes no vibration/sound on notification
*Took me hours to sort out the lockscreen . Had widget locker on kitkat but it has issues with lollipop, ended up with c-locker and nils widget.
*Switching from camera to gallery to see a just taken photo lags for like 4-5 seconds, annoying
*IMO, green phone screen is blah, liked kitkats screen better
*Phone seems lower volume now too

So overall, lollipop gave me absolutely nothing good, and quite a few bad

I'm thinking they should remain it Sabotage 5.0 instead of lollipop :)

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Since 5.0
*Sometimes no vibration/sound on notification
*Took me hours to sort out the lockscreen . Had widget locker on kitkat but it has issues with lollipop, ended up with c-locker and nils widget.
*Switching from camera to gallery to see a just taken photo lags for like 4-5 seconds, annoying
*IMO, green phone screen is blah, liked kitkats screen better
*Phone seems lower volume now too

So overall, lollipop gave me absolutely nothing good, and quite a few bad

I'm thinking they should remain it Sabotage 5.0 instead of lollipop :)

If you want more phone volume, try Settings > Accessibility > Hearing, then check Hearing Aids

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet