Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?

sierra513

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Lots of freezing up for up to 1 min or so, and when it thaws, it goes back to the home screen. When it does this, the home button doesn't work. This usually happens when I have clicked a link and then it either freezes while loading or I just get a black screen that's frozen. This happens numerous times a day.
I did a factory reset a few days after lollipop, it didn't help.
My Note 4 was perfect before lollipop. I'm not a happy camper.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I definitely think I have a issue with Data usage after the update...Even though when I am connected to Wifi, 4G LTE still lights up..and also during calls, 4G LTE lights up..talked to verizon, and they said yes during HD calls u will use some data..but as i mentioned, even during WiFI my 4G LTE is still running, to which verizon says it's the whole "smart switch" and they recommend i turn off mobile data when I am connected to WiFI...this is so cumbersome!

That is very interesting, because I am on Verizon and this is not happening to me. I am NOT using 4G LTE with my wifi. however, I chose not to activate advanced calling because it was not compatible with the caller ID I'm using. This almost sounds like a bug, or maybe it's intentional to get people to use more data? :) whatever the case, it might be interesting for someone to try turning off their advanced calling and see if that problem goes away. again, I would do it that I would lose my caller ID.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
That is very interesting, because I am on Verizon and this is not happening to me. I am NOT using 4G LTE with my wifi. however, I chose not to activate advanced calling because it was not compatible with the caller ID I'm using. This almost sounds like a bug, or maybe it's intentional to get people to use more data? :) whatever the case, it might be interesting for someone to try turning off their advanced calling and see if that problem goes away. again, I would do it that I would lose my caller ID.

Well even though I turn off the Advance calling, the 4G LTE still lights up!
This definitely is a BUG...now if it's from Verizon, yeah I can see they are banking on ppl using more Data!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Verizon problems

I must say after reading all of the problems Verizon users are experiencing with the Lollipop update on the GS5 and Note 4, I don't know why they aren't getting it fixed and why customers would stay with that kind of service. I am glad I am on ATT. Comparing the both of them, Verizon doesn't appear to come close in terms of quality product and implementation. Seeing how these 2 are the only real options, I would abandon ship.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon problems

I must say after reading all of the problems Verizon users are experiencing with the Lollipop update on the GS5 and Note 4, I don't know why they aren't getting it fixed and why customers would stay with that kind of service. I am glad I am on ATT. Comparing the both of them, Verizon doesn't appear to come close in terms of quality product and implementation. Seeing how these 2 are the only real options, I would abandon ship.

Factory resets take care of the overwhelming number of problems after a major OS update. I would never stick up for Verizon but the Lollipop issues are not the fault of Verizon's. It's the problem of overlapping software and it happens on all carrier phones.

Oh ... and if you are going to go into the wilderness, or even far out rural, you might want to abandon that AT&T phone because you are not going to get service.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

i hate vzw as much as the next guy but their cell coverage is hands down the best IMO. thats why i put up with their high price and BS...

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

In Indiana they are about the same in coverage. I carried a Verizon phone for work and ATT for personal use and they both have places that don't have service. My kids are on Verizon and their S5's have major issues after lollipop and factory resets. It's unfortunate. Verizon has great customer service and I was with them for a stint but they are very exspensive

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

In Indiana they are about the same in coverage. I carried a Verizon phone for work and ATT for personal use and they both have places that don't have service. My kids are on Verizon and their S5's have major issues after lollipop and factory resets. It's unfortunate. Verizon has great customer service and I was with them for a stint but they are very exspensive

Do the kids have extended warranties on those phones that still do not work after the factory reset? If so, they should be replaced.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Do the kids have extended warranties on those phones that still do not work after the factory reset? If so, they should be replaced.

My son's has been replaced twice. Still laggy, apps shutting down, and the battery life is terrible. Verizon said they are aware of the problems and hope to have a download coming to fix it. Standard line you get from any carrier when they don't know how to fix it.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My son's has been replaced twice. Still laggy, apps shutting down, and the battery life is terrible. Verizon said they are aware of the problems and hope to have a download coming to fix it. Standard line you get from any carrier when they don't know how to fix it.

Hopefully a fix is found soon. My brother has an S5 and he has on and off complaints. I know they had one small update when the Notes were getting Lollipop. That seemed to work for a while but it is hard to tell with my brother because he is not a very patient guy, lol.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site

It depends on how you use your phone. My girlfriend has the s5 on Verizon and hasn't had a single problem ever. I don't even think she did a factory reset.

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Definitely having signal issues as well! My signal is not even close to being as strong. Have 2 bars where I normally have 4-5. It looks like the phone is searching for signal more and using battery faster

Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4!!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I've had my phone lock up a few times while in the Facebook app, not sure if it's a Facebook issue or a phone/Lollipop issue. Regardless if I hit the back button, home or recent it is non responsive and then finally comes back about 5-10 seconds later. It's only done this 2-3 times but annoying when it does. I've cleared all cache, also the recovery cache and restarted the phone so I'll have to see if it comes back again.

sierra513

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone lock up a few times while in the Facebook app, not sure if it's a Facebook issue or a phone/Lollipop issue. Regardless if I hit the back button, home or recent it is non responsive and then finally comes back about 5-10 seconds later. It's only done this 2-3 times but annoying when it does. I've cleared all cache, also the recovery cache and restarted the phone so I'll have to see if it comes back again.

Yup, this is what mine is doing as well. Very frustrating. I plan on calling Verizon to ask for a replacement in the next couple of days.

I would be grateful for any suggestions anyone has for how to fix this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Mad4sax

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Finally got tired of the 8 hr battery time and hot phone after my lollipop upgrade. Did a factory reset last night. Was a PITA but used Kies so it wasn't horrible. Now only time will tell if it worked. I will report back .....

Busbar

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Gotta wonder if there is anyone not having issues with this upgrade. I'm staying w/KK due mainly to battery issues, so I've disabled OTA and Knox for the time being.

FWIW, XDA has rollback to stock KK thread here.

After rollback, you can disable (and re-enable) OTA updates here and here ( I used the first link).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith