04-28-2015 12:50 PM
226 123 ...
tools
    I made sure i cleared cache and junk before downloading, now since the download Im having nothing but issues. First boot up the phone was ridiculously laggy, so much so that i did a hard reset. Tried doing that and the phone froze in the process. Had to pull the battery, and boot up again and it was stuck on the Verizon boot screen for about 5 minutes. then it went straight to the home screen (no lock screen) and the top bar was missing. A message saying "system not responding". Now on my second hard reset. What a nightmare...
    amahara likes this.
    04-03-2015 03:50 PM
    So sorry you are having problems. So far so good for me. One new feature is not working so I need to troubleshoot. Besides that it's working out great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-03-2015 03:55 PM
    Aren't you supposed to clear the cache AFTER the update? When I flashed ROMs on previous phones, it was always install ROM first, then clear cache and reboot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    jimd1050, Nexusfan and amahara like this.
    04-03-2015 04:06 PM
    Working pretty good on my end. Cleared the cache after down load and installation, and have had no issues. Don't know if this is the placebo effect, but it seems more responsive -faster.

04-03-2015 04:08 PM
    Aren't you supposed to clear the cache AFTER the update? When I flashed ROMs on previous phones, it was always install ROM first, then clear cache and reboot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Didn't think it would hurt to make sure everything was cleared beforehand...
    04-03-2015 04:11 PM
    You can try clearing the cache.. and if you want to take a drastic step you can restore factory settings then re-setup. That usually solves issues during a big upgrade.
    04-03-2015 04:26 PM
    No issues on my end
    04-03-2015 04:28 PM
    The problem I have is when I get a notification, my phone won't light up saying I have a notification? Any help.

04-03-2015 04:38 PM
    Mine updated and i just did a factory reset so right now its updating apps. Then i have to get my contacts back lol.. should be n my gmail lol

04-03-2015 04:40 PM
    Not having any issues but does anyone know if you can change that orange theme on stock messaging

Attached Thumbnails Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?-screenshot_2015-04-03-16-42-15.jpg  
    04-03-2015 04:48 PM
    Not having any issues but does anyone know if you can change that orange theme on stock messaging

That would be nice. I don't like the color.

04-03-2015 04:52 PM
    Hang in there. Mine was frustrating for a while after updating. All good now. Just need to figure out how to remove some of these damn notifications.

04-03-2015 04:58 PM
    try going to settings > sound and notifications and set app notifications to either "show all" or "hide sensitive content"
    04-03-2015 05:01 PM
    Hangouts does not have that garish orange color.

As for notifications. I wish I could prevent apps from appearing on the home screen and notification bar separately.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-03-2015 05:14 PM
    I'm having some major installation problems. I spent all afternoon speaking to Verizon and Samsung customer service on the phone and then ended up going to the Verizon store as well as the Samsung Experience center in Best Buy. All of the customer service reps were useless and clueless. I can't tell if it's a software or hardware issue.

So I went to system updates and saw that the update is available for my phone:
    Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?-screenshot_2015-04-03-18-20-11.jpg

I downloaded the 1st one.
    Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?-screenshot_2015-04-03-18-33-27.jpg

I tapped to install and then my phone does a recovery boot and after it's done rebooting I get this popup that says update was unsuccessful:
    Verizon Lollipop Problems anyone?-screenshot_2015-04-03-13-07-21.jpg

I factory reset my phone and the same thing keeps happening. I also tried updating via PC through VZW installer, Samsung Kies, and the Samsung service rep used their software as well. When plugged into computers it says my phone is already "up to date" with the 4.4.4.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on or is anyone experiencing the same thing?
    04-03-2015 05:44 PM
    I'm having some major installation problems. I spent all afternoon speaking to Verizon and Samsung customer service on the phone and then ended up going to the Verizon store as well as the Samsung Experience center in Best Buy. All of the customer service reps were useless and clueless. I can't tell if it's a software or hardware issue.

So I went to system updates and saw that the update is available for my phone:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-03-18-20-11.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	169478

I downloaded the 1st one.

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-03-18-33-27.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	169479

I tapped to install and then my phone does a recovery boot and after it's done rebooting I get this popup that says update was unsuccessful:

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-03-13-07-21.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	169480

I factory reset my phone and the same thing keeps happening. I also tried updating via PC through VZW installer, Samsung Kies, and the Samsung service rep used their software as well. When plugged into computers it says my phone is already "up to date" with the 4.4.4.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on or is anyone experiencing the same thing?
    I would go to the download folder and delete the file, then wait a day and check for downloads again. Your install file may of corrupted during the download, so it cannot install. As a precaution, make sure you have a good wifi connection when you download again.

I'm sure others will have ideas as well.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-03-2015 05:54 PM
    WHen you mean "clear cache", do you mean by powering down and holding the 3 buttons at the same time then select wipe cache partition?.... Is it that route? thanks
    04-03-2015 05:57 PM
    I had no problems with my update and since I've updated it. Thank God. The only little issue I had was with Google play services for the first few minutes after updating saying there was an "error"

jimd1050, ehstaley and LifeViaBB like this.
    04-03-2015 06:23 PM
    I downloaded it about 4 hours ago and installed it. It seemed to run fine. Following the suggestion of several folks I did a factory reset and then set it up again. Works great so far and no issues.

EDIT:
    I have found that the lock screen has a feature that I don't like. Namely, when Notifications are active and a message or other event happens, the lock screen large clock (an option for the clock I use) and the "additional information line" (which I also very much like) change. Namely, the clock is made much smaller and moved from the center of the lock screen to the left side and the additional information is no longer seen.
    After shutting off Notifications in Lollipop and then in every other app with a notification option, and in every email acct in my email app I mostly have gotten the lock screen to behave like the KitKat version.
    All that being said, this is a minor personal issue and not a bug or defect in Lollipop in my opinion, simply a different method of operation.
    04-03-2015 06:37 PM
    Seems like I may be one of the few that are experiencing issues. Did a dirty OTA update to Lollipop and noticed that it was dropping frames and stuttering, particularly with a live wallpaper (phase beam and bubbles). Tried to clear the cache via recovery mode and didn't see any difference so did two wipes consecutively (also via recovery mode) and set everything up as before. Still dropping frames and stuttering simply by swiping between my homescreens (with the live wallpaper in the background). This along with the bad color choices (garish orange, lots of white everywhere) and changes to the lockscreen (music control buttons are tiny now!) cements my opinion of Lollipop across 4 devices (Nexus 7 2013, LG G2, HTC M8, Note 4) as being nothing but utterly disappointing. I'll most likely be trying to find a way to roll back to Kit Kat, at least for the foreseeable future.

Edit: Just wanted to add that while I did noticed the phone was warm, it was not unusually so. I never noticed there being any dropped frames on Kit Kat when it was running even hotter (~105F), so it's probably not due to throttling. There also still seems to be a bit of a hesitation after pressing the recent apps button. Perhaps these will be addressed in a future update but as for now, if you absolutely do not need to have Lollipop, I'd advise to stay on Kit Kat for as long as possible. You'll have root, less issues, and pretty much the same UI.
    04-03-2015 07:35 PM
    I didn't dump the cache or anything, and it is running super fast and smooth. No issues.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-03-2015 08:45 PM
    Running like a scalded *** ape!!

Sent from my glorious note 4.
    04-03-2015 08:46 PM
    Finally got it and did a factory reset. Everything seems to be running smoothly. A couple of force closed apps at the beginning but none since.

This might make me think twice about getting a S6 Edge. lol
    04-03-2015 09:39 PM
    i has a issue with not able to open the play store. i did a battery pull and got to open the play store. so far so good..
    amahara likes this.
    04-03-2015 09:50 PM
    Everything works good except the smart lock using my 360 with the fingerprint scanner . I could access the notification form the lock screen I change my lock codebto pin and it work fine now

04-03-2015 09:58 PM
226 123 ...