05-27-2015 02:48 PM
100 1234
tools
    I really hate how we now have the whole battery graph..and now it shows how long the battery will last instead of how much time it's been going for!! and how long it will last is inaccurate and depends on how u use ur phone!

Anyway to revert back to the old format under the battery section?
    Thank you .... That is so stupid. I want to know how long it has run, so I am using GSM again.
    04-04-2015 03:08 PM
    My battery is still draining pretty fast. It is draining twice as fast as usual. I have been averaging 15 percent an hour burn since the update. On a normal fairly heavy use day, I burn about 7 percent an hour, 3 percent light use and 1 percent or less on standby. I have not really put the phone down, so I need to test standby as well.

It's only been a day so I plan to keep swapping out batteries for another couple of days if needed. If the situation does't change, I will be doing the factory reset. Everything else is working wonderfully!
    04-04-2015 03:16 PM
    I looked around quite a bit - I think unfortunately, "what we see is what we get"!
    SH*T !!!!!
    Ugh...loose something to gain something!
    04-04-2015 03:32 PM
    Thank you .... That is so stupid. I want to know how long it has run, so I am using GSM again.
    what you mean you are using GSM again?
    04-04-2015 03:32 PM
    what you mean you are using GSM again?
    I am using the GSM app. It will tell you exactly how long your battery has been running.
    04-04-2015 04:11 PM
    I am using the GSM app. It will tell you exactly how long your battery has been running.
    lol..u mind posting a link to the play store for this app? i searched it but wasn't able to find something related to battery usage!
    04-04-2015 04:18 PM
    I have the option to update, should I? I don't want crappy battery life.

Will clearing the cache partition make a difference? Is that the same as a factory reset?

What's suggested? I would hate to have to do a factory reset. I can save a back-up of my Nova Launcher, but that only works to a degree.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 04:40 PM

Will clearing the cache partition make a difference? Is that the same as a factory reset?

What's suggested? I would hate to have to do a factory reset. I can save a back-up of my Nova Launcher, but that only works to a degree.

wait a few days...read all the input ppl have on this forum and then decide!
    04-04-2015 04:46 PM
    lol..u mind posting a link to the play store for this app? i searched it but wasn't able to find something related to battery usage!
    It's actually GSAM. There was a letter missing.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-04-2015 04:46 PM

I installed late yesterday afternoon and have had NO PROBLEMS - including battery life. It's fine!

Clearing cache is different than factory reset and it helps. I did that but not a factory reset, for the same reason you're worried. I hate having to go through setup all over again! Like Nike says "Just Do IT!"
    04-04-2015 04:51 PM
    Lol, yes, perhaps if I spelled it correctly.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...labs.bbm&hl=en
    jimd1050 likes this.
    04-04-2015 04:59 PM
    I'm now about 24 hours in on my update. To all the fence sitters, I'd say it's a go. My battery feels the same as kit kat so it should improve after it settles in. It's been about 14 hours since 100%, 3 hours screen on, 2 hours of talk time, and various other fiddling and it's at 39%. So far no app crashes, in fact that super annoying "contacts has stopped working" bug went away too. I hate to say it but Verizon got it right this time.
    04-05-2015 12:19 AM
    Works for me so far except no better battery life.

posted with my note 4
    04-05-2015 12:29 AM
    just updated and immediately had the sound and notification setting force close and a big battery drain, i could practically watch the percentage tick away.....bit the bullet and factory reset and now everything is fine. it's a pain but at least i'm back to stable!
    04-05-2015 12:57 AM
    I installed the update last night; on standby the battery is fine, but as soon as I turned the screen on and did anything the battery just dropped way off. Less than an hour of screen-on time and the battery dropped ~25%. So I just pulled the trigger on a reset. Everything is backed up, so no big deal. We'll see how it works going forward.
    It's been a little over 21 hours since I reset my phone. The battery is sitting at 65% with about two hours of screen on time. No app crashes or anything wonky going on. Right now it feels just like it did on Kit Kat. I think I'm going to install the GSAM battery monitor, though; I don't like the new graph with the time-left prediction. I want to know how long I've been on the battery.
    04-05-2015 08:10 AM
    My battery is not improving a whole lot. I will give it a bit more time, though I might just do a factory reset after dinner this evening while watching Jersey Boys. But the rest of my phone is running great. Not a hiccup. I like Lollipop!
    04-05-2015 09:57 AM
    Mine is definitely draining faster than normal. Have done a factory reset and didn't help. Says the android system is causing most of the battery drain.

Right now I am at 76% and says I only have 17 hours left in standby.
    04-05-2015 10:35 AM
    Mine is definitely draining faster than normal. Have done a factory reset and didn't help. Says the android system is causing most of the battery drain.

Right now I am at 76% and says I only have 17 hours left in standby.
    76 percent in how much time?
    04-05-2015 10:48 AM
    I had no choice. I did the update and my Note 4 just kept rebooting continuously. But battery life is even better than before, which was awesome then.

04-05-2015 11:00 AM
    Says my 76% charge will only last 17 hours
    04-05-2015 11:42 AM
    Did my factory reset today and the battery is much better. Loving Lollipop!

jimd1050 likes this.
    04-05-2015 07:46 PM
    I finally did factory reset after trying the cache wiping. Battery drain still hi, but after letting it drain...turn off...and doing a non fast charge, battery life is better...not sure it is back to what it was...but better. Really should not have to do a factory reset in this day and age....but...I did...pita, as I have numerous apps that are for VPN token usage and had to get new installs and new registrations....

skatergirl likes this.
    04-05-2015 08:01 PM
    Did a factory reset and finally got everything back to where I had it. Except I had some pics in private mode that I forgot to move before I did it. Lost them all.

04-05-2015 08:16 PM
    My battery is still draining pretty fast. It is draining twice as fast as usual. I have been averaging 15 percent an hour burn since the update. On a normal fairly heavy use day, I burn about 7 percent an hour, 3 percent light use and 1 percent or less on standby. I have not really put the phone down, so I need to test standby as well.

It's only been a day so I plan to keep swapping out batteries for another couple of days if needed. If the situation does't change, I will be doing the factory reset. Everything else is working wonderfully!
    Maybe the app you are using to test the battery drain is draining the battery?

Since I have updated to Lollipop on my WIND Mobile device it's been ok. No improvement or loss.

The only thing I have don't is wipe the cache partition off the phone.
    04-05-2015 08:32 PM
    My battery is draining faster then normal

04-05-2015 09:01 PM
100 1234