Any Verizon Lollipop battery drains?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon page said to expect battery drain for a couple of days. I have gone through two batteries today. I am not sweating it though. I wiped the cache partition and if it is still draining after a few days I will just do a factory reset.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
The battery drained quick during the update (obviously) but after the battery was great. Took it off the charger with 60% at 7pm and its 2am and the battery is at 35%. Moderate usage

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes mine is draining a little faster than before on kitkat, even just in standby. I'll give it a couple days and see but I got a feeling a factory reset will be in my near future.

Posted via Android Central App

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed the update last night; on standby the battery is fine, but as soon as I turned the screen on and did anything the battery just dropped way off. Less than an hour of screen-on time and the battery dropped ~25%. So I just pulled the trigger on a reset. Everything is backed up, so no big deal. We'll see how it works going forward.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed the update last night; on standby the battery is fine, but as soon as I turned the screen on and did anything the battery just dropped way off. Less than an hour of screen-on time and the battery dropped ~25%. So I just pulled the trigger on a reset. Everything is backed up, so no big deal. We'll see how it works going forward.

How are things after the reset?

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I can see a small difference in mine, so it will prob smooth out n a couple days.

I did go ahead and do a factory reset after the updates, just to get it done on my day off

Posted via the Android Central App

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset is a pain but it does help especially after an update like lollipop. Just to see how my phone would be I did not do the factory reset and the battery was hot plus the drain was terrible, battery life went down by 20% w/in an hour. After the reset my phone seems way better and battery life has improved overall.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
No change either way. Phone has been acting normal since the update. The standby may be better but it's too early to tell. I don't do factory resets on my devices and luckily they all have been fine.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
No change either way. Phone has been acting normal since the update. The standby may be better but it's too early to tell. I don't do factory resets on my devices and luckily they all have been fine.
I agree on the "Standby" - I had it fully charged when I went to bed and it was at 98% when I got up. Never before - usually 88% - 90% after an overnight standby! The rest, too soon to tell - using it too much checking everything out! :cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta