Any Verizon Lollipop battery drains?

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has been horrible since the upgrade. I'm going to try wiping the cache before going the reset route.

Just go ahead and reset it. May as well get it done. I did that on all my iPhones too whenever an update came. Too bad every update made them worse.

Posted via the Android Central App

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I really hate how we now have the whole battery graph..and now it shows how long the battery will last instead of how much time it's been going for!! and how long it will last is inaccurate and depends on how u use ur phone!

Anyway to revert back to the old format under the battery section?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I really hate how we now have the whole battery graph..and now it shows how long the battery will last instead of how much time it's been going for!! and how long it will last is inaccurate and depends on how u use ur phone!

I looked around quite a bit - I think unfortunately, "what we see is what we get"!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Thank you .... That is so stupid. I want to know how long it has run, so I am using GSM again.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery is still draining pretty fast. It is draining twice as fast as usual. I have been averaging 15 percent an hour burn since the update. On a normal fairly heavy use day, I burn about 7 percent an hour, 3 percent light use and 1 percent or less on standby. I have not really put the phone down, so I need to test standby as well.

It's only been a day so I plan to keep swapping out batteries for another couple of days if needed. If the situation does't change, I will be doing the factory reset. Everything else is working wonderfully!

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I have the option to update, should I? I don't want crappy battery life.

Will clearing the cache partition make a difference? Is that the same as a factory reset?

What's suggested? I would hate to have to do a factory reset. I can save a back-up of my Nova Launcher, but that only works to a degree.

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

Will clearing the cache partition make a difference? Is that the same as a factory reset?

What's suggested? I would hate to have to do a factory reset. I can save a back-up of my Nova Launcher, but that only works to a degree.

wait a few days...read all the input ppl have on this forum and then decide!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I installed late yesterday afternoon and have had NO PROBLEMS - including battery life. It's fine!

Clearing cache is different than factory reset and it helps. I did that but not a factory reset, for the same reason you're worried. I hate having to go through setup all over again! Like Nike says "Just Do IT!"

TheGauntlet

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm now about 24 hours in on my update. To all the fence sitters, I'd say it's a go. My battery feels the same as kit kat so it should improve after it settles in. It's been about 14 hours since 100%, 3 hours screen on, 2 hours of talk time, and various other fiddling and it's at 39%. So far no app crashes, in fact that super annoying "contacts has stopped working" bug went away too. I hate to say it but Verizon got it right this time.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
just updated and immediately had the sound and notification setting force close and a big battery drain, i could practically watch the percentage tick away.....bit the bullet and factory reset and now everything is fine. it's a pain but at least i'm back to stable!

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I installed the update last night; on standby the battery is fine, but as soon as I turned the screen on and did anything the battery just dropped way off. Less than an hour of screen-on time and the battery dropped ~25%. So I just pulled the trigger on a reset. Everything is backed up, so no big deal. We'll see how it works going forward.

It's been a little over 21 hours since I reset my phone. The battery is sitting at 65% with about two hours of screen on time. No app crashes or anything wonky going on. Right now it feels just like it did on Kit Kat. I think I'm going to install the GSAM battery monitor, though; I don't like the new graph with the time-left prediction. I want to know how long I've been on the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol