So .... has anyone tried it? It was the first thing I did after my Lollipop update. I made a video call to my husband. I used to have it on my Droid Maxx and I liked it. Some people don't like it and when you speak to someone who does not have HD calling it is not as clear.
    04-03-2015 10:22 PM
    My wife and I are having problems between her iPhone and my note. I had to turn it off on mine so she could hear me. Gonna take a longer crack at it tomorrow since I'll have both phones in hand.

Posted
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-03-2015 10:52 PM
    Hope you get things worked out.
    04-03-2015 11:00 PM
    I tried it with my friend who has an iPhone with hd voice and it was like we were in the same room
    Android D and skatergirl like this.
    04-04-2015 12:36 AM
    I am going for the update...and I have enabled this feature so please keep up posted!
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-04-2015 12:55 AM
    I havent enabled the advanced voice that came w the update today, when i got it on my Droid Turbo it actually made call quality worse, but tou had to use it for simultaneous voice n data.
    Since the note 4 already does that, i really dont wanna mess with it.

Will say i did the factory data reset after getting the update, so far no issues. We will see how the battery does n a few days

Posted via the Android Central App
    skatergirl and Tatt2014 like this.
    04-04-2015 01:28 AM
    I havent enabled the advanced voice that came w the update today, when i got it on my Droid Turbo it actually made call quality worse, but tou had to use it for simultaneous voice n data.
    Since the note 4 already does that, i really dont wanna mess with it.

Will say i did the factory data reset after getting the update, so far no issues. We will see how the battery does n a few days

I have to agree with you, I think the call quality is worse with hd calling turned on. I turned it off.
    04-04-2015 10:06 PM
    My wife and I are having problems between her iPhone and my note. I had to turn it off on mine so she could hear me. Gonna take a longer crack at it tomorrow since I'll have both phones in hand.

Posted
    won't work on a iphone!
    04-05-2015 01:06 AM
    won't work on a iphone!
    Iphone 6 has HD calling, maybe not the video chatting, but the HD calling is there.
    04-05-2015 08:23 AM
    Iphone 6 has HD calling, maybe not the video chatting, but the HD calling is there.
    Correct. Even my old iPhone 5S had HD calling. I was using my 5S last summer when I started noticing I would have these amazing calls sometimes. I am on T-Mobile. T-Mobile started offering HD calls with the iPhone 5.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-05-2015 09:06 AM
    LOL...I still don't understand this whole HD calling thing! It's not like I didn't have clean crisp voice before the HD calling feature, so wht's the difference now having HD calling? What are you guys noticing that is so different?
    plumcrazy likes this.
    04-05-2015 04:57 PM
    LOL...I still don't understand this whole HD calling thing! It's not like I didn't have clean crisp voice before the HD calling feature, so wht's the difference now having HD calling? What are you guys noticing that is so different?
    Guess you will just have to experience an HD call to understand.

Tatt2014 and skatergirl like this.
    04-05-2015 05:01 PM
    Guess you will just have to experience an HD call to understand.

lol what is it like? is it like the you just talking to the person face to face?

Was the call quality so poor on your note 4 before?
    04-05-2015 05:41 PM
    How did you get it to work?? I tried calling my girlfriend's iPhone 6 after enabling it on her phone. Nothing.

Does the little video camera icon light up for you? Mine is dark. And under video contacts, there is no one.

**edit: I see on the Verizon website where it says it doesn't work with iPhone. Now that I think about it, I know very few people on android, I actually can't name any.
    04-05-2015 06:03 PM
    Where is it on the Verizon page?

04-05-2015 09:53 PM
    Where is it on the Verizon page?

Wasn't hard to find using Google.

Advanced Calling 1.0 – VoLTE – Verizon Wireless
    Jude526 likes this.
    04-05-2015 09:57 PM

well for starters, you can now have video conversations natively through your phone and carrier without having to use another app or service.

remember how good streaming videos looked on your phone back in the day when 3G data was just rolling out and you got it?

remember how much better streaming videos looked when LTE rolled out? I bet you wouldn't think those early 3G speeds looks as good anymore...

well voice is just like video, more bandwidth is always going to allow you to have better quality with either.
    04-05-2015 10:17 PM
    I can't find it on my phone and I am very knowledgeable

04-05-2015 10:58 PM
    Mine is working. .but I keep it off, drops calls when activated.

Here is the setting,

04-06-2015 05:17 AM
    I did finally find it. Thx. But I won't use it. It isn't compatible with ringback tones. I won't cancel those.
    I hope they can make it compatible

04-06-2015 12:07 PM