Sign-in Request for Gallery

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Good morning all. I've had my Note 4 for nearly 6 months now and I really like it. Getting Lollipop yesterday (VZW) was nice too. I think I've figured out many of the Android-specific characteristics as I'd been an iPhone user before the Note. One thing I don't understand is the popup message I get every time I use the camera: Sign-in Request for Gallery referencing my Google email accounts. When I click it I get something about a Picasa web album access request from the gallery.

What is this? Will permitting access to this thing make these popups stop? I don't want to lose access to any camera or gallery features, but I don't want every pic I take automatically going out into the public domain either.

Thanks.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Picasa is the old online photo sharing app\website Google bought a while ago. It just wants permission so it can load those photos on your phone. It's harmless, and yes the pop up will go away.

Posted

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to disable Picassa sync from your gmail account. Because if sync is enable, it's will prompt you to save the pic online but as soon as you disable it that will stop.

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Disable Picasa in the Gallery Settings....
No more notifications.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
LG G2
If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's so you can see pics that were backed up by Google plus within the gallery app. Quickpic has had this capability for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

d1clark

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Note 4. I can't find Picasa on my phone anywhere, in order to disable it. I have also logged into my Google account on-line to see if I could disable it there. Also when I press on the notification for Sign-In Request, it does nothing.

Lord Bazinga

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Go to Settings > Accounts > Google
Press on your account with the Sync sign next to it
Swipe up and find "Sync Picasa Web Albums" and "Sync Google+ Photos"
Un-check both of these

This should stop the issue. Just restart your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol