Good morning all. I've had my Note 4 for nearly 6 months now and I really like it. Getting Lollipop yesterday (VZW) was nice too. I think I've figured out many of the Android-specific characteristics as I'd been an iPhone user before the Note. One thing I don't understand is the popup message I get every time I use the camera: Sign-in Request for Gallery referencing my Google email accounts. When I click it I get something about a Picasa web album access request from the gallery.

What is this? Will permitting access to this thing make these popups stop? I don't want to lose access to any camera or gallery features, but I don't want every pic I take automatically going out into the public domain either.

Thanks.
    04-04-2015 08:12 AM
    Yeah I'd like to know too...I just keep deleting the notifications as I have no idea what it really does, lol
    04-04-2015 08:20 AM
    Picasa is the old online photo sharing app\website Google bought a while ago. It just wants permission so it can load those photos on your phone. It's harmless, and yes the pop up will go away.

Posted
    04-04-2015 08:55 AM
    Disabling picassa sync in your gmail account on the device should get rid of the popup.
    04-04-2015 09:03 AM
    You have to disable Picassa sync from your gmail account. Because if sync is enable, it's will prompt you to save the pic online but as soon as you disable it that will stop.
    04-04-2015 09:35 AM
    Thanks.
    04-04-2015 12:21 PM
    Disable Picasa in the Gallery Settings....
    No more notifications.

Galaxy Note 4

Galaxy S III
    LG G2
    If it ain't Tech, it ain't Right.
    04-04-2015 01:06 PM
    It's so you can see pics that were backed up by Google plus within the gallery app. Quickpic has had this capability for a while.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 01:44 PM
    Note 4. I can't find Picasa on my phone anywhere, in order to disable it. I have also logged into my Google account on-line to see if I could disable it there. Also when I press on the notification for Sign-In Request, it does nothing.
    11-06-2015 12:24 PM
    Go to Settings > Accounts > Google
    Press on your account with the Sync sign next to it
    Swipe up and find "Sync Picasa Web Albums" and "Sync Google+ Photos"
    Un-check both of these

This should stop the issue. Just restart your phone.
    11-15-2015 08:22 PM