Hi Folks:

I used to have a 64GB Nexus 6, which with an unencrypted rom was incredibly fast and lag free. That phone broke after falling on ice.

After that I decided to try the Note 4 from AT&T. Since then I've been incredibly frustrated at how laggy the Note 4 is in comparison, and particularly in switching between apps.

After researching I did everything suggested but doing a hard reset after the Lollipop update. This morning I called Samsung support. After some troubleshooting they recommended I do a backup using Kies, followed by a hard reset and a restore from Kies. After doing that I'm happy to report that the lag is gone. Switching between apps is now as fast as the Nexus was. Time will tell how long this lasts, but I thought I'd post this in case others are frustrated with the lag too and haven't yet tried the hard reset option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-04-2015 02:46 PM
    Hi Folks:

I used to have a 64GB Nexus 6, which with an unencrypted rom was incredibly fast and lag free. That phone broke after falling on ice.

After that I decided to try the Note 4 from AT&T. Since then I've been incredibly frustrated at how laggy the Note 4 is in comparison, and particularly in switching between apps.

After researching I did everything suggested but doing a hard reset after the Lollipop update. This morning I called Samsung support. After some troubleshooting they recommended I do a backup using Kies, followed by a hard reset and a restore from Kies. After doing that I'm happy to report that the lag is gone. Switching between apps is now as fast as the Nexus was. Time will tell how long this lasts, but I thought I'd post this in case others are frustrated with the lag too and haven't yet tried the hard reset option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Awesome!!
    04-04-2015 04:22 PM