Please tell me which apps are great on this phone and make this phone even more useful/exciting?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 08:28 PM
    Mohammad, I use mSecure for password keeping. Clipper+ as advanced copy/past utility. CamScanner for document/bill scanning and of course my favorite Nova Launcher to replace touchwize. And if you have kids, make sure u download Kids Mode from Samsung store.

04-04-2015 09:54 PM
    It depends on what you do. A student, a commercial artist, a photographer and a programmer would all consider a different set of apps to be useful/exciting/"can't live without". I second Nova Launcher, though. That's one of the first things that goes on any phone of mine.
    04-05-2015 01:00 AM
    Wasn't lollipop supposed to add additional camera functionality like raw images or something? What would be a good app to take advantage of this?
    04-05-2015 07:54 AM
    Thanks, Maher79.... I was wondering if Nova Launcher interferes with any of this updating process.

I'll look into mSecure.

The slew of complaints (battery life issues, hot phone, and random reboots) has me sticking with 4.4 for now. It is difficult to get a read on the true issues because forums tend to over-magnify the proportion of those who are having issues.
    04-05-2015 08:40 AM
    Yeah, I too, use Nova Launcher and I'm holding off on updating. Is a factory reset the way to go?

04-05-2015 08:50 AM
    Thanks, Maher79.... I was wondering if Nova Launcher interferes with any of this updating process.

I'll look into mSecure.

The slew of complaints (battery life issues, hot phone, and random reboots) has me sticking with 4.4 for now. It is difficult to get a read on the true issues because forums tend to over-magnify the proportion of those who are having issues.
    I had a couple of apps that didn't want to work right work 5.0 but an uninstall and reinstall of them and all is golden. I did no factory reset, did no cache wipe and after my battery recalibrated out has been about 10% better than on 4.4.
    Google account stuff was wonky at first but after a few minutes it seemed to find itself, updated my Play Services, updated the Play Store, updated my account and was good to go without me interfering. It was like I had no Google account for about 10 minutes after its last reboot from install.
    The update and install does crank up the battery temperature but I think those stating it was using 50% or more battery were early receivers and once the bugs on the server end got fixed things got better for the rest of us.
    I'm using Nova Prime totally trouble free.
    04-05-2015 09:01 AM
    my short list

Firefox
    Kiwix with wikipedia (40G)
    Textra
    Here Map with offline maps (I have NA, 4.2G)
    04-05-2015 09:36 AM
    I always switch to touchwize before I run any OS Updates .
    Here is what I have done:
    1. Switch back to touchwize
    2. Apply 1st update package
    3. Apply 2nd update package
    4. After the 1st reboot on lollipop, I went back and cleared cache.

I stayed on touchwize for one day and when all was good I switched back to Nova Launcher. I then decided to do a factory reset just because I wanted a fresh clean start on lollipop. I've had the phone doe almost 5 months, so it was a great time to clean it up.

04-05-2015 10:08 AM
    I am chartered accountant so by day my phone is used majorly with work and I train/gym during evenings, follow a lot of news and TV and in my free time I am always out and about with the guys and girls else the family. So in this case which would apps would be great? Btw I'm still a bachelor enjoying my life with a bang and from South Africa

Thanks guys, I appreciate it a lot

04-06-2015 05:58 PM
    Yeah, I too, use Nova Launcher and I'm holding off on updating. Is a factory reset the way to go?

I am using Nova Launcher prime after doing the lollipop upgrade and factory reset... My phone is blindingly fast, there are no delays or lags anywhere anytime ever ever ever! I was paranoid to do the upgrade, but I went ahead and did it, and then before I could talk myself out of it I immediately did the factory reset before I even looked at anything!

Old Guy 59 likes this.
    04-06-2015 08:10 PM
    I use Evernote, Camscanner, Nova and Chrome Beta the most. I try and uninstall a lot of apps and these are the ones I always download and keep. Let us know if you find any that we might have missed.
    04-07-2015 08:09 AM