09-15-2016 12:37 AM
33 12
tools
    After the lolipop update the HD voice has to be , hands down , the most impressive part. That is all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-04-2015 09:06 PM
    Can you explain why? Is it that we're now able to use Video Chat as easily as Factime now?

Posted via Android Central App
    04-04-2015 10:49 PM
    I don't agree. I turned it off. Hissing sound in between talking, it didn't sound right talking to a non HD person phone.
    04-04-2015 10:58 PM
    Phone calls are phone calls. Doesn't matter to me if there's choppy static or crystal clear super duper HD quality. Don't know if I personally can get excited over something like that.
    plumcrazy and BullGuard8 like this.
    04-04-2015 11:56 PM
    I love the HD calling. Much more clear with other HD calling phones and much better volume with non HD calling phones. Plus I love the video calls.

Philip600rr likes this.
    04-05-2015 01:14 AM
    Can you explain why? Is it that we're now able to use Video Chat as easily as Factime now?

Posted via Android Central App
    video calling won't work unless the other person has video calling too...and more than likely a Note 4 or S5 cuz there aren't many phones which support video calling right now!
    04-05-2015 02:03 AM
    The Verizon page lists 16 phones with advanced calling and as you pointed out the iPhone 6 and 6 plus only do the HD calling and not the video, so there are quite a number of phones with advanced calling.

A lot of people with these phones don't even know they have the feature and have never activated it. I had it with my Droid Maxx and then waited five months to get it back after I upgraded to the Note.

04-05-2015 02:46 AM
    When i had my droid turbo it made the quality worse, that hissing sound mentioned above.. but i was the only i knew who had it.

I havent activated it.on my note4 because the quality is about perfect as is, and i dont wanna see most people i call.. and im sure they feel the same way! Lol

04-05-2015 05:03 AM
    Not to knock HD voice calling on the 4, but as a former Blackberry z10 user, I have to say Blackberry had the best and clearest HD sound, as well as user experience with it in BBM and phone calls too. I beloved they called it Natural Sound.

skatergirl likes this.
    04-05-2015 07:17 AM
    So i mentioned this in the other thread as well, I don't know why ppl are so excited about the HD calling if you can't do video calls. It's not like my Note 4 had poor call quality before, so what's new now with HD calling? I had it turned on and made a few calls, can't tell the difference!
    04-05-2015 06:01 PM
    So i mentioned this in the other thread as well, I don't know why ppl are so excited about the HD calling if you can't do video calls. It's not like my Note 4 had poor call quality before, so what's new now with HD calling? I had it turned on and made a few calls, can't tell the difference!
    You might not have had an HD call yet. It will say HD call in the green area at the top of the screen above the phone number you have dialed.

HD voice is incredible-image_1425960140956.png

I don't have Lollipop yet so this is from KitKat.
    04-05-2015 07:40 PM
    I haven't received the update yet, and will hold it off awhile, But was interested in the video calling, but most of the people I would want to do that with probaly don't have that feature, so might be useless to me for awhile till more phones have it

04-05-2015 08:16 PM
    I haven't received the update yet, and will hold it off awhile, But was interested in the video calling, but most of the people I would want to do that with probaly don't have that feature, so might be useless to me for awhile till more phones have it

Yeah it's nothing to die for @ this point!
    04-05-2015 08:35 PM
    Well for me, I have out of state relatives who do have HD calling and it is awesome to make HD video calls. As well, my husband has it and even if we dont make video calls our HD voice calls are so much better.

There are 16 phones listed on the Verizon page with Advanced Calling. Three are pre order phones, two are iPhones (which only do voice and not video) which leaves 11 phones capable of HD video calls. A lot of people probably don't even realize they have the feature and have not activated it. This was the case with my brother in law and a Verizon rep on the phone who had an LG G3 and his wife an S5. He didn't even realize could video call until I told him. That was four months ago but you are probably catching my drift. If the person doesn't activate the feature you won't see him or her listed as HD callers in your contacts.

GregMargie likes this.
    04-05-2015 09:05 PM
    it's funny how I had HD written on the top left when I made a call to my bro's iphone 6, but now it's not written anymore..and i have HD calling enabled!
    04-05-2015 09:29 PM
    it's funny how I had HD written on the top left when I made a call to my bro's iphone 6, but now it's not written anymore..and i have HD calling enabled!
    Maybe your brother disabled it on his phone and doesn't know he did so? Many people don't know what that setting does.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-05-2015 09:41 PM
    So I have a question about the video calling. .... does it only work with other compatible phones on Verizon only or does it work with phones on other carriers as well?
    04-06-2015 01:06 PM
    I remember reading this months ago.
    Verizon is supposed to partner with AT&T to allow more people to connect using this technology.

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-and-...lls-2015<br />

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    04-06-2015 01:17 PM
    04-06-2015 02:23 PM
    I don't understand why Verizon doesn't just activate this feature on the phones that are capable. Or, in the very least, send a message to let people know that it is available on their phones. I GUARANTEE YOU THAT THERE ARE THOUSANDS, MAYBE MILLIONS, OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THIS!!!
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-06-2015 02:26 PM
    After the lolipop update the HD voice has to be , hands down , the most impressive part. That is all.

Is this carrier specific? I have 5.0.1 and i cant find the HD feature/setting on my phone.
    04-06-2015 03:27 PM
    Is this why the LTE status icon isn't greyed out when on wifi? I'm on Verizon BTW.
    04-06-2015 03:37 PM
    I finally was able to make and HD call, to my son on my old Maxx.

There is a very clear and immediately recognizable difference. Call clarity is much, much better. I cannot imagine somebody using this and not being able to tell the difference. It will be nice when more people have it and turn it on.

Now that I realize that video calls use data, I understand why VZW will push this as it matures. Give the voice, and hope people use more and more video.
    04-06-2015 04:51 PM
    I love HD on my T-Mobile phones. It sounds really clear when it kicks in .
    04-06-2015 05:52 PM
    If you have ringback tones can't use HD. I am not canceling out my rb tones

04-06-2015 07:59 PM
33 12