Since everyone had high hopes for more use of the SD card, seems like we should start a list of apps that are SD Card friendly. For those that missed it, Lollipop doesn't just make the SD card magically start working again. Apps have to be updated. So if you've had an app that is SD card friendly with Lollipop and works as expected, post it .

My list so far:

ES File Explorer
    EZ PDF Reader (note: make sure you open PDF files on the SD card through the "Document Provider" menu option, not the build in file explorer)
    04-04-2015 10:07 PM
    QuickPic
    Audible
    04-04-2015 10:47 PM
    solid explorer
    04-04-2015 11:31 PM
    I have been needing this. Finally I can access the extSDcard with the important apps I like.

ES File Explorer, which is nice, but I could use the built in My Files, so not important.
    MyBackup Pro, was the main one. I can now finally backup up my phone storage to the extSDcard automatically. This was the main one that I wanted.
    FolderSync, lets me sync about any cloud storage folder to the extSDcard. This is very helpful. I can now do a trip plan on my PC, save the file to the cloud, and the route will automatically get synced to my map folder on the extSDcard. Very handy.

Finally back to what I was able to do a year ago before Google and KitKat killed off these great apps.
    starbuckk likes this.
    04-05-2015 09:50 AM
    Dropsync works very well for syncing dropbox folders.
    04-05-2015 12:11 PM
    I have been needing this. Finally I can access the extSDcard with the important apps I like.

ES File Explorer, which is nice, but I could use the built in My Files, so not important.
    MyBackup Pro, was the main one. I can now finally backup up my phone storage to the extSDcard automatically. This was the main one that I wanted.
    FolderSync, lets me sync about any cloud storage folder to the extSDcard. This is very helpful. I can now do a trip plan on my PC, save the file to the cloud, and the route will automatically get synced to my map folder on the extSDcard. Very handy.

Finally back to what I was able to do a year ago before Google and KitKat killed off these great apps.
    Wow Folder sync was the biggie for me thanks. Just got updated Yesterday so hadn't checked it. Got a few folder pairs to edit :-).

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
    04-06-2015 12:11 AM
    Talked to the Open Camera developer, ask him about this and saving to SD card. Told him about the new API in lollipop he is going to look at it. Hopefully it pans out

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2015 09:40 PM
    As of the end of June, I can no longer backup to my SD card using My Backup Pro.
    Can anyone else?
    Lollipop on galaxy s5
    07-07-2015 03:44 PM
    As of the end of June, I can no longer backup to my SD card using My Backup Pro.
    Can anyone else?
    Lollipop on galaxy s5
    I haven't had any problems backing up on my Note 4.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-07-2015 06:06 PM