01-26-2016 05:05 AM
148 1234 ...
tools
    Don't plug it in before you go to sleep.

Problem solved.

You're welcome.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    kirksucks likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:11 PM
    Yeah I know I can tap the home button, but I just like to look over and see the time.

I use a wireless charger, the tylt to be exact, and that was the reason for me buying that one so I can display the time. I'm betting most people that notice this are doing what I'm doing with wireless charging.

So Samsung, if you see this there are issues being caused by it, at least have it go off whether the screen is on our not. Thanks. I'm also going to email Samsung.
    ClintRo likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:14 PM
    a lot of people are incredibly dismissive of this complaint: everything from "just don't charge it" to "leave it off" or "turn it face down". I use my phone for an alarm clock on vibrate - the reason is it works for me. I also use my phone for work, so I need to charge it at night. Now I get woken up to this message around 3am every night. Pre-update the vibration didn't happen, just the screen came on. I find this unreasonable that an upgrade broke the way I choose to use my phone - any change of this nature should include an option to behave the old way, unless there is a viable security concern.
    04-08-2015 10:18 PM
    i have been shutting off notifications at night to work around this issue till someone fixes it. I gotta sit down and try to get tasker to shut them off automatically, that would be a perfect fix for me.

anyone try tasker to control notifications ?
    04-09-2015 05:05 AM
    I put mine in airplane mode, I know that don't work. I'll try turning notifications off, just another step to do at night.
    04-09-2015 07:40 AM
    I can understand how annoying this problem could be. I keep my Note 4 plugged in all night but I don't get that white pop up notification on my lock screen. Only my LED light changes to solid green, which also is annoying. The old Blocking Mode used to stop the LED from lighting up at night. I wonder if your problem has anything to do with using wireless charging? Anyway, here's something that might help. Long press on the pop up notification until you get the little info button. Press on that and in the app info screen uncheck the box that says Show Notifications for that app.

Tom G.
    04-09-2015 10:42 AM
    I can understand how annoying this problem could be. I keep my Note 4 plugged in all night but I don't get that white pop up notification on my lock screen. Only my LED light changes to solid green, which also is annoying. The old Blocking Mode used to stop the LED from lighting up at night. I wonder if your problem has anything to do with using wireless charging? Anyway, here's something that might help. Long press on the pop up notification until you get the little info button. Press on that and in the app info screen uncheck the box that says Show Notifications for that app.
    loo G.
    I already tried that, and turn notifications off is greyed out, so no dice on that. And you don't want to disable it as it's tied in with other things you want. Thanks for the tip though, I'm willing to try anything.
    04-09-2015 12:00 PM
    There must be people who work for Android / Samsung etc that also use their phones as night clocks (especially when travelling). Don't they see how pointless a 'feature' this is?
    04-09-2015 12:35 PM
    Is it just Samsung devices?
    04-09-2015 03:21 PM
    The problem for me is when I’m using GPS and my phone is charging at the same time. The battery charged popup comes on and covers part of my map/directions. I then have to take my eyes off the road and try to swipe the notification away. And I want to keep charging the phone because I want my phone to be at 100% when I get to my destination.
    This blows…and it’s dangerous.
    ToddL and lterry913 like this.
    04-10-2015 09:32 AM
    Don't plug it in before you go to sleep.

Problem solved.

You're welcome.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    If cracking yourself up is what you where aiming to do, congrats...mission accomplished. If you wanted to help with the topic at hand, you did not.
    04-10-2015 09:41 AM
    If cracking yourself up is what you where aiming to do, congrats...mission accomplished. If you wanted to help with the topic at hand, you did not.
    It doesn't need to charge all night. Top it up when you wake up. Seriously, this is not a REAL problem. It's just BS from people that need to complain about something.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    04-10-2015 11:24 AM
    If it wasn't a real problem then it wouldn't have been posted. There's no need to be so negative. The only time I get a chance to charge my phone is overnight and therefore your process is not an option for me.
    04-10-2015 11:30 AM
    If it wasn't a real problem then it wouldn't have been posted. There's no need to be so negative. The only time I get a chance to charge my phone is overnight and therefore your process is not an option for me.
    You have no other time to charge your phone? It can only be on the charger while you are sleeping? Can't plug it in an hour before you go to sleep? I can get a full charge in 60-80 mins.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    04-10-2015 11:36 AM
    I use timely for my alarm clock and dynamic notifications for my lock screen. Admittedly I don't use it as a clock over night but like the op I leave it plugged in all night. The way I am using my phone now I don't get that notification at any point nor do I see it when I wake up.

I also use agent to manage notifications overnight... The only things that come through are calls from certain people and non priority people if they call twice in five minutes. Thinking about this now maybe this is what is preventing that notification from coming through.

I agree with the op, if I used my phone as a clock overnight I'd find that annoying as heck...certainly it would wake me up or keep me up at times.
    04-10-2015 11:56 AM
    I charge my phone once a day, at night when I'm not using it, makes sense for my usage. If charging it when you wake up works for certain people great, it's not what works for me. It is a small issue correct, but I don't think anyone can say this feature is necessary.

I'll try agent again, but last time I tried that it only muted the notifications, they still pop up on screen if you have screen on for things such as clock, navigator or whatever reason you want the screen on. This battery full will not stay on if you don't have the screen locked on, so if you just plug it in to charge and screen is off, your phone will light up when is charged, but it will go off when the screen times out. This is only a issue for those that have their screens locked on for whatever reason they feel the need to have them on for.

Again, this whole discussion is over a useless notification that Samsung or Google thought was great. I don't even care if the notification pops up, but at least have it time out in 10 seconds. I really don't think my reasons for wanting the screen on is relevant, it's the useless notification.
    04-10-2015 12:16 PM
    I am looking for a fix for this as well. Just rooted my device and this is a big reason. I use a Tylt, and my phone as an alarm clock. The super bright light that keeps coming on is very annoying. I have to pee, not think about swiping at my phone at 3 am. I can swipe it away, but why should I have to. And it's not just the fact that keeps me up, but I worry about screen burn as well.
    It seems to be an issue with wireless charging specifically.
    I have a Note 3.
    04-11-2015 09:17 PM
    I use my Note 4 as an alarm clock all night as well and have the same problem. I just went into the Sounds and notifications settings and set an overnight do not disturb schedule. I'm about to find out if that works.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 09:34 PM
    I am looking for a fix for this as well. Just rooted my device and this is a big reason. I use a Tylt, and my phone as an alarm clock. The super bright light that keeps coming on is very annoying. I have to pee, not think about swiping at my phone at 3 am. I can swipe it away, but why should I have to. And it's not just the fact that keeps me up, but I worry about screen burn as well.
    It seems to be an issue with wireless charging specifically.
    I have a Note 3.
    I don't think is a issue with wireless charging, it's just when the screen is locked on. People using the navigation while plugged in are having the same issue.
    lterry913 likes this.
    04-11-2015 10:47 PM
    I use my Note 4 as an alarm clock all night as well and have the same problem. I just went into the Sounds and notifications settings and set an overnight do not disturb schedule. I'm about to find out if that works.

Let us know if it works. I think I tried that already with no success.
    04-11-2015 10:49 PM
    You can swipe right and it goes away 😊

04-12-2015 08:53 AM
    You can swipe right and it goes away 😊

Thanks, now please read all the posts and you will find that has been discussed, answered, and why it's not a viable option.
    lv2bsilly and lterry913 like this.
    04-12-2015 01:11 PM
    I'm having to revert to 4.4.2 until this is resolved (by Samsung).
    04-13-2015 10:13 AM
    I think we have these useless notifications because someone thought it would be a good idea to rob that space from the notification bar by putting the stupid carrier names instead. I liked seeing just the Email, SMS or Charge notification right in the notifications bar, like in every other version of Android.. Now I have these ugly white rectangles instead. Pretty much my only gripe with Lollipop is the ugly white boxes for notifications.
    04-13-2015 11:13 AM
    I know this issue effects the s5 also, I also know this does not effect the s6. Maybe because the S6 is running 5.0.2.
    RogerCAMERON likes this.
    04-13-2015 12:17 PM
148 1234 ...