01-26-2016 05:05 AM
148 12345 ...
tools
    So, is it just Samsung devices on build 5.01?
    04-13-2015 12:20 PM
    So, is it just Samsung devices on build 5.01?
    My Note 4 does it since the 5.01 update. It's very annoying and wakes me up every night . It turns brightness to full, vibrates, and flashes LED. Night is my only option to charge. Someone please find a fix for this stupidness!! I think I'll go back to iphone, they don't do stupid stuff like this that Android does ALL THE TIME!!
    04-19-2015 10:49 PM
    I have exactly this same issue and it looks like you're using the same wonderful alarm app I am. And I do not understand these people who don't mind waking up at 2:00 am to a bright shining light in their face (also wakes my wife up on the other side of the bed), and that the correct answer is to swipe it away, or get out of bed to unplug the phone. REALLY!?!?! I'll have to root this phone if there is no solution, though I'm loath to do it, but the phone isn't very useful anyway if it does this.
    Mad4sax and plumcrazy like this.
    04-29-2015 09:47 PM
    So your phone's display can be on all night, without being plugged in (to show time as has been repeatedly mentioned here), and be topped off in 5-10 minutes in the morning? Which phone are you using? I'm about certain mine would shut down in those eight hours because the battery would be exhausted from the clock displaying all night.
    04-29-2015 10:00 PM
    Glad I'm not the only one annoyed with this useless feature. This is the only reason I would root.
    04-29-2015 10:23 PM
    I keep my phone in a car dock when I'm driving, I use it for Google Sat Nav. It has to keep charging or the battery drain is too high. The notification keeps popping up and obscuring the navigation directions. The notification is part of Lollipop UI and they didn't give us a disable option. I don't want to fiddle around disconnecting cables or swiping away notifications when I'm driving, so this is a safety issue.

At night my phone charges, I have to lie it face down so the notifications don't light up the room. I would never buy one with an edge screen for this reason.

Also, with every new operating system they ALWAYS screw up phone.apk when the phone is used in landscape orientation in a car dock. It only works in portrait mode.
    05-13-2015 04:34 AM
    It looks like it's carrier or model specific. I'm with Bell in Canada and I don't have this popup notification on my Note... Really sorry for you guys
    05-13-2015 07:28 AM
    Notifications are a mess in general with this update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2015 08:15 AM
    I do not get that notification for battery full (Note Edge). I think I did at one time. Is there a place where it can be ticked on or off or is that a very dumb question?
    05-13-2015 08:35 AM
    I don't get a popup on my AT&T Note 4. The only place I have seen anything about charging is in the notification shade.

Now I don't have any notifications set to popup or show on my lock screen. That could be the difference.

The only notifications that pop up for me are Facebook ones while I'm using the phone. I can't find a way to stop that popup.
    05-13-2015 09:13 AM
    Turn off Facebook notifications in the app
    05-13-2015 09:17 AM
    Turn off Facebook notifications in the app
    I want notifications on the app and push notifications. I just don't want popup notifications and I don't want a preview of the message or post.
    05-13-2015 09:28 AM
    My phone is used as an alarm clock and is not affected by this. The phone goes to sleep. Why does your phone's screen have to be on to use as an alarm clock?? I'm so confused by this..... the bigger problem might not be the notification......
    05-13-2015 09:49 AM
    I just tested the charging. I got a notification on the notification bar that my battery was full, it didn't stay there and there is no notification on my pull down shade. I did not get any popup.

It could be AT&T removed that from happening in their release or other carriers added that popup in their release or it could be because I don't use notifications on the lock screen.

If you have notifications on lock screen turned on, I would suggest turning that off and test and see if you get the popup.

If you still get it, then Samsung would be the next one to call. I would ask them of this is a Lollipop, Samsung or Carrier thing that was added.

I would then do a complaint to my carrier and tell them you want this removed. I wouldn't bother telling them the alarm clock issues, but rather use the map and dock issue, as that is a safety issue and they are more likely to take that more seriously than a clock in the middle of the night.
    05-13-2015 09:51 AM
    I'm all about an answer to this as well. I'm worried about the burn in on screen like the display phones have in the store.

Unnecessary notification.
    06-02-2015 10:11 PM
    Why does your phone's screen have to be on to use as an alarm clock?? I'm so confused by this..... the bigger problem might not be the notification......
    So you can see what time it is if you roll over and wake for a second. With your logic, why does any alarm clock have to have a time in it. Nothing to confusing..

The bigger problem is It's a useless feature that interferes with what people want to use their phone for.
    06-02-2015 10:45 PM
    So you can see what time it is if you roll over and wake for a second. With your logic, why does any alarm clock have to have a time in it. Nothing to confusing..

The bigger problem is It's a useless feature that interferes with what people want to use their phone for.
    You MAY be able to control that with M, not sure. That is a heads up notification and you will be able to set priority for those and stop them, it is app by app. Since that is a charging thing and also it is carrier specific, you might not be able to.

I would suggest, everyone with this issue, call your carrier, explain it and complain and ask them to make a ticket for it.

AT&T doesn't do this pop up notification when the battery is full. There is a notification in the pull down shade only.
    06-02-2015 10:50 PM
    This happens on the LG G4, too. Annoying notification sound wakes me up in the middle of the night. I have a brand new phone that is less customizable than my palm from 1995.
    06-03-2015 08:25 PM
    This pop up notification for the full battery is carrier specific. Some of us get it only on the notification shade and some get a full pop up. Personally a pop up notification that won't go away, for anything on a phone that we don't choose, shouldn't be there.

Myself, the only pop up that won't go away that I want, is a tornado warning from my weather alert. Google did not do well with the heads up notifications for lollipop, they gave the developers the control, not us. Some carriers also put their spin on it.

Being able to use our phones the way we want is what most of us like about Android. The carriers should never have a notification that we can not choose to turn off in any way. I don't have my clock on at night, but there are some that want that. That doesn't make them wrong or me wrong, that just means different things are important to us.
    tismydroid likes this.
    06-05-2015 06:25 AM
    I found an app called Headsoff in the playstore that is supposed to help you turn off certain lockscreen notifications on lollipop. I don't know if it works or if it will help this situation because I haven't used the app. I read some of the reviews and they were good. Just offering a suggestion for those who don't like the new notification system.
    06-05-2015 06:36 AM
    I found an app called Headsoff in the playstore that is supposed to help you turn off certain lockscreen notifications on lollipop. I don't know if it works or if it will help this situation because I haven't used the app. I read some of the reviews and they were good. Just offering a suggestion for those who don't like the new notification system.
    I wonder if it requires root? I don't have time right now to look at it myself but can in a bit. I hope that works for non-rooted phones because I'm tired of heads up on videos and my navigation.
    06-05-2015 06:44 AM
    Is this the app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orks.noheadsup

I have haven't researched the developer or gone through the reviews. One of the first three reviews did say it doesn't require root.
    06-05-2015 06:53 AM
    Is this the app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...orks.noheadsup

I have haven't researched the developer or gone through the reviews. One of the first three reviews did say it doesn't require root.
    Yes. That's it. No it doesn't require root.
    06-05-2015 07:02 AM
    Yes. That's it. No it doesn't require root.
    Thank you for posting something trying to give a solution.
    06-05-2015 07:05 AM
    Mod Note - A few posts have been cleaned. If you do not care for a post then you do not have to respond. If a post needs to be handled please use he report button to notify the mod team.

Thanks!
    06-05-2015 07:21 AM
148 12345 ...