01-26-2016 06:05 AM
148 ... 456
tools
    On the lockscreen. In Lollipop, if you have a notification, you lose:
    -large readable clock
    -weather & pedometer (If you're having that displayed. )
    You have to pull down the notifications shade to see them or access them anyway so what's the advantage of a giant notification taking up half the screen if you have to unlock or pull down to see anyway?

The old way, you still have your full lockscreen with the information you want. Your notifications are shown as icons in the notification bar. You see you've got email so you swipe down or unlock just like in Lollipop, but you can see your clock in full-size.

If you chose to not show notifications in the lockscreen settings, all you get is the 5tupid carrier badge where notifications should be. Like anyone doesn't know they're on friggin Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-22-2015 10:12 AM
    So annoying.
    06-22-2015 02:24 PM
    -large readable clock
    You have to pull down the notifications shade to see them or access them anyway so what's the advantage of a giant notification taking up half the screen if you have to unlock or pull down to see anyway?

The old way, you still have your full lockscreen with the information you want. Your notifications are shown as icons in the notification bar. You see you've got email so you swipe down or unlock just like in Lollipop, but you can see your clock in full-size.

If you chose to not show notifications in the lockscreen settings, all you get is the 5tupid carrier badge where notifications should be. Like anyone doesn't know they're on friggin Verizon.

Ok.. And? Not sure what this has to do with a fix for the battery full notification.

Did you try the app or not?
    06-22-2015 02:45 PM
    Ok.. And? Not sure what this has to do with a fix for the battery full notification.

Did you try the app or not?
    Heads up doesn't bother me as much as this. I tried the free version and didn't notice a difference.

06-22-2015 10:25 PM
    Heads up doesn't bother me as much as this. I tried the free version and didn't notice a difference.

This app is for Heads Up notifications.
    06-23-2015 09:28 AM
    -large readable clock

Also I think your lockscreen issue is a Verizon issue.

In my lockscreen, I get exactly what I set it up for, the clock and nothing else on there. I don't get any carrier badge showing on my lockscreen, with lockscreen notifications turned off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    06-29-2015 10:36 PM
    Also I think your lockscreen issue is a Verizon issue.

In my lockscreen, I get exactly what I set it up for, the clock and nothing else on there. I don't get any carrier badge showing on my lockscreen, with lockscreen notifications turned off.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...ac621e9cd3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    If I have no new notifications this is what I see too. Same as your pic but it says Verizon instead of AT&T. If I turn off lockscreen notifications it still shows Verizon in the top left.

07-01-2015 06:24 PM
    If I have no new notifications this is what I see too. Same as your pic but it says Verizon instead of AT&T. If I turn off lockscreen notifications it still shows Verizon in the top left.

The carrier is always going to be at the top left, has always been there.

I am totally confused at what you are trying to get rid of and what using headsoff messes up for you.
    07-02-2015 12:48 PM
    The carrier is always going to be at the top left, has always been there.

I am totally confused at what you are trying to get rid of and what using headsoff messes up for you.
    Kelly, I have seen some people on verizon say that their phones never used to have the carrier information in the top left corner before the update.
    07-02-2015 09:19 PM
    Kelly, I have seen some people on verizon say that their phones never used to have the carrier information in the top left corner before the update.
    Well my AT&T used to be never, then always and now it is just until I get a notification.

BTW, I'm not sure the issue related to heads up notifications and headsoff app, kirksucks is having? Do you have an idea?
    07-03-2015 03:59 PM
    Well my AT&T used to be never, then always and now it is just until I get a notification.

BTW, I'm not sure the issue related to heads up notifications and headsoff app, kirksucks is having? Do you have an idea?
    I have no idea.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    07-03-2015 06:04 PM
    Basically heads up app doesnt fix this problem. I want notifications in the notifications bar. I never need to see Verizon there. Ever.

07-05-2015 11:14 PM
    Basically heads up app doesnt fix this problem. I want notifications in the notifications bar. I never need to see Verizon there. Ever.

Headsoff has the notification ticker in the status bar, or notifications without the ticker. All my notifications are on the status bar. I even used the ticker for them to scroll, but I don't want to read my notifications scrolling at the top, I only want the icons there.

The carrier badge has nothing to do with Heads Up notifications, so Headsoff wouldn't affect the carrier badge. If my badge shows up, the second I get a notification, it is gone, for a very long time.

This is the newest on headsoff and it has the exact thing you are wanting, notifications in the status bar.

07-06-2015 11:00 AM

Yes -- Heads up will not fix this. Those are two different issues you're describing. If you hate seeing the "Verizon" at the top left your only choice would be to root or complain to Verizon.

If that is what you're talking about (such as AT&T phones say "AT&T at the top left"). I never have seen Verizon do this on any phone so doing it on the Note 4 update would be surprising.
    07-06-2015 11:22 AM
    I'd like to see my lockscreen. Not giant notifications.

Am I crazy or did kitkat put notification icons in the top left instead of the carrier?

07-11-2015 04:23 PM
    How come my s5 has no fully charged notification when it is 100%; I really want the device notify me when the battery fully charged.( device has no root, no notification is blocked)
    08-17-2015 06:04 PM
    cant turn the phone over when it is on a wireless charger.
    Sure you can. Turn the phone over on its face and lay the charger on top of the back.
    08-17-2015 08:16 PM
    I don't even get the notification anymore. My screen will turn on when my phone is fully charged, but won't show the notification. Anyone else experiencing this?

08-17-2015 09:51 PM
    These geniuses who claim "this is not an issue" or "simply charge it during the day" are probably out of work, living in mom's basement, and playing video games all night. Hence, while they sleep as the rest of us work, the stupid bright "notification of full charge" is not lighting up the entire room. Go back to Mortal Kombat and leave the adult discussions to the adults.
    09-02-2015 09:24 AM
    These geniuses who claim "this is not an issue" or "simply charge it during the day" are probably out of work, living in mom's basement, and playing video games all night. Hence, while they sleep as the rest of us work, the stupid bright "notification of full charge" is not lighting up the entire room. Go back to Mortal Kombat and leave the adult discussions to the adults.
    That's a lot of grown up talking you did. Lmao
    09-02-2015 03:21 PM
    Right... And before you was saying that bright notification is issue for you when you sleep. Now you working

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 01:53 AM
    I have had this issue for years with my note 2 and now with my note edge but I had learned to live with it as I could not find a solution anywhere. The note edge (5.1.1) has another annoying problem in that it turns on the screen when I receive a phone call when the "do not disturb" feature is enabled. It does not ring but the screen comes on. I installed Nights Keeper to solve that problem and to my surprise this also seems to have solved the fully charged notification. I put my phone on "do not disturb" every night but you can "white list" any and all contacts if you want and still use this app. Hope this helps
    12-03-2015 09:27 AM
    Many of us are away from home all day with limited or no access to a charger. We must charge at night and some of us use our phone as a desk clock in a docking station. Waking up in the middle of our sleep cycle is very disturbing. We need a way to disable this annoyance.
    01-26-2016 06:05 AM
148 ... 456