Lollipop Battery is fully charged notification issue.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
When my phone hit 100 I didn't get a notification while my screen was off. The charge led changed color.

Posted via the Android Central App
You are correct, if the screen is off the notification pops up and goes off. But again, using my phone as an alarm clock the screen stays on and then the pop up does not go away, it stays on nice and bright.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
ok, last night i shut off all battery notifications on the phone and it didnt show the bar when fully charged. is it just gsam battery app doing it maybe ?

i need to see if i can figure a way for tasker to shut off battery notifications when im sleeping.
Now you understand this, I don't use battery monitors and I still get the issue. Your talking about third party monitors correct?

I started this thread to see if there was anything I was missing, I appreciate you commenting and offering advice instead of criticism of why I would want the time displayed as my alarm clock. Anything you find out let me know, I appreciate it, I'll let you know if I figure anything out. Thanks

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The confusion for me was that you are using an app to dimly display the time on a black screen as a bedside clock. When you say alarm clock I think of something you set to wake you up in the morning.

If I need to see the time I reach over and tap the power button on, check it and turn it off. You could even set it to turn on/off by turning it over I think.

There are options such as I suggested before to not charge your phone while you sleep. But the problem of a persistent notification is still there.

Is there a reason Samsung is so adamant about us unplugging at full charge? Is there damage being caused by leaving it since it's a fast charger?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The confusion for me was that you are using an app to dimly display the time on a black screen as a bedside clock. When you say alarm clock I think of something you set to wake you up in the morning.

If I need to see the time I reach over and tap the power button on, check it and turn it off. You could even set it to turn on/off by turning it over I think.

There are options such as I suggested before to not charge your phone while you sleep. But the problem of a persistent notification is still there.

Is there a reason Samsung is so adamant about us unplugging at full charge? Is there damage being caused by leaving it since it's a fast charger?

Samsung is trying to save the planet, by having you conserve energy.
Its just feel-good, symbolism without substance crap.

Glenn May

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
cant turn the phone over when it is on a wireless charger.

I agree with everyone else. I use my phone on my desk at work as a clock and a window into email whilst doing other things. I also use it on my nightstand as a clock (And yes, from time to time I wake up and want to know what time it is. That could be my old age. But none the less)

So If anyone at Android sees this, PLEASE let us de-active this feature. Phones charge all night on night stands.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I know I can tap the home button, but I just like to look over and see the time.

I use a wireless charger, the tylt to be exact, and that was the reason for me buying that one so I can display the time. I'm betting most people that notice this are doing what I'm doing with wireless charging.

So Samsung, if you see this there are issues being caused by it, at least have it go off whether the screen is on our not. Thanks. I'm also going to email Samsung.

chorting

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
a lot of people are incredibly dismissive of this complaint: everything from "just don't charge it" to "leave it off" or "turn it face down". I use my phone for an alarm clock on vibrate - the reason is it works for me. I also use my phone for work, so I need to charge it at night. Now I get woken up to this message around 3am every night. Pre-update the vibration didn't happen, just the screen came on. I find this unreasonable that an upgrade broke the way I choose to use my phone - any change of this nature should include an option to behave the old way, unless there is a viable security concern.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
i have been shutting off notifications at night to work around this issue till someone fixes it. I gotta sit down and try to get tasker to shut them off automatically, that would be a perfect fix for me.

anyone try tasker to control notifications ?

tomtomsf

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I can understand how annoying this problem could be. I keep my Note 4 plugged in all night but I don't get that white pop up notification on my lock screen. Only my LED light changes to solid green, which also is annoying. The old Blocking Mode used to stop the LED from lighting up at night. I wonder if your problem has anything to do with using wireless charging? Anyway, here's something that might help. Long press on the pop up notification until you get the little info button. Press on that and in the app info screen uncheck the box that says Show Notifications for that app.

Tom G.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I can understand how annoying this problem could be. I keep my Note 4 plugged in all night but I don't get that white pop up notification on my lock screen. Only my LED light changes to solid green, which also is annoying. The old Blocking Mode used to stop the LED from lighting up at night. I wonder if your problem has anything to do with using wireless charging? Anyway, here's something that might help. Long press on the pop up notification until you get the little info button. Press on that and in the app info screen uncheck the box that says Show Notifications for that app.
loo G.

I already tried that, and turn notifications off is greyed out, so no dice on that. :( And you don't want to disable it as it's tied in with other things you want. Thanks for the tip though, I'm willing to try anything.

RogerCAMERON

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
There must be people who work for Android / Samsung etc that also use their phones as night clocks (especially when travelling). Don't they see how pointless a 'feature' this is?

Jamie Laszlo

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The problem for me is when I’m using GPS and my phone is charging at the same time. The battery charged popup comes on and covers part of my map/directions. I then have to take my eyes off the road and try to swipe the notification away. And I want to keep charging the phone because I want my phone to be at 100% when I get to my destination.
This blows…and it’s dangerous.

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
If cracking yourself up is what you where aiming to do, congrats...mission accomplished. If you wanted to help with the topic at hand, you did not.

It doesn't need to charge all night. Top it up when you wake up. Seriously, this is not a REAL problem. It's just BS from people that need to complain about something.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

RogerCAMERON

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
If it wasn't a real problem then it wouldn't have been posted. There's no need to be so negative. The only time I get a chance to charge my phone is overnight and therefore your process is not an option for me.

dedhedAndy

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
If it wasn't a real problem then it wouldn't have been posted. There's no need to be so negative. The only time I get a chance to charge my phone is overnight and therefore your process is not an option for me.

You have no other time to charge your phone? It can only be on the charger while you are sleeping? Can't plug it in an hour before you go to sleep? I can get a full charge in 60-80 mins.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I use timely for my alarm clock and dynamic notifications for my lock screen. Admittedly I don't use it as a clock over night but like the op I leave it plugged in all night. The way I am using my phone now I don't get that notification at any point nor do I see it when I wake up.

I also use agent to manage notifications overnight... The only things that come through are calls from certain people and non priority people if they call twice in five minutes. Thinking about this now maybe this is what is preventing that notification from coming through.

I agree with the op, if I used my phone as a clock overnight I'd find that annoying as heck...certainly it would wake me up or keep me up at times.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance