Lollipop Battery is fully charged notification issue.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone is used as an alarm clock and is not affected by this. The phone goes to sleep. Why does your phone's screen have to be on to use as an alarm clock?? I'm so confused by this..... the bigger problem might not be the notification......

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just tested the charging. I got a notification on the notification bar that my battery was full, it didn't stay there and there is no notification on my pull down shade. I did not get any popup.

It could be AT&T removed that from happening in their release or other carriers added that popup in their release or it could be because I don't use notifications on the lock screen.

If you have notifications on lock screen turned on, I would suggest turning that off and test and see if you get the popup.

If you still get it, then Samsung would be the next one to call. I would ask them of this is a Lollipop, Samsung or Carrier thing that was added.

I would then do a complaint to my carrier and tell them you want this removed. I wouldn't bother telling them the alarm clock issues, but rather use the map and dock issue, as that is a safety issue and they are more likely to take that more seriously than a clock in the middle of the night.

Ryanpm6774

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm all about an answer to this as well. I'm worried about the burn in on screen like the display phones have in the store.

Unnecessary notification.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why does your phone's screen have to be on to use as an alarm clock?? I'm so confused by this..... the bigger problem might not be the notification......

So you can see what time it is if you roll over and wake for a second. With your logic, why does any alarm clock have to have a time in it. Nothing to confusing..

The bigger problem is It's a useless feature that interferes with what people want to use their phone for.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So you can see what time it is if you roll over and wake for a second. With your logic, why does any alarm clock have to have a time in it. Nothing to confusing..

The bigger problem is It's a useless feature that interferes with what people want to use their phone for.

You MAY be able to control that with M, not sure. That is a heads up notification and you will be able to set priority for those and stop them, it is app by app. Since that is a charging thing and also it is carrier specific, you might not be able to.

I would suggest, everyone with this issue, call your carrier, explain it and complain and ask them to make a ticket for it.

AT&T doesn't do this pop up notification when the battery is full. There is a notification in the pull down shade only.

thunderbunder16

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
This happens on the LG G4, too. Annoying notification sound wakes me up in the middle of the night. I have a brand new phone that is less customizable than my palm from 1995.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This pop up notification for the full battery is carrier specific. Some of us get it only on the notification shade and some get a full pop up. Personally a pop up notification that won't go away, for anything on a phone that we don't choose, shouldn't be there.

Myself, the only pop up that won't go away that I want, is a tornado warning from my weather alert. Google did not do well with the heads up notifications for lollipop, they gave the developers the control, not us. Some carriers also put their spin on it.

Being able to use our phones the way we want is what most of us like about Android. The carriers should never have a notification that we can not choose to turn off in any way. I don't have my clock on at night, but there are some that want that. That doesn't make them wrong or me wrong, that just means different things are important to us.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I found an app called Headsoff in the playstore that is supposed to help you turn off certain lockscreen notifications on lollipop. I don't know if it works or if it will help this situation because I haven't used the app. I read some of the reviews and they were good. Just offering a suggestion for those who don't like the new notification system.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I found an app called Headsoff in the playstore that is supposed to help you turn off certain lockscreen notifications on lollipop. I don't know if it works or if it will help this situation because I haven't used the app. I read some of the reviews and they were good. Just offering a suggestion for those who don't like the new notification system.

I wonder if it requires root? I don't have time right now to look at it myself but can in a bit. I hope that works for non-rooted phones because I'm tired of heads up on videos and my navigation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - A few posts have been cleaned. If you do not care for a post then you do not have to respond. If a post needs to be handled please use he report button to notify the mod team.

Thanks!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried this and if so how did you set it up to not get the battery full notification.

I'm getting ready to try out this app. I can't test the battery full pop up though, AT&T doesn't have that pop up, just the notification on the pull down shade. Maybe the OP can test it on the battery notification.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Again, this whole discussion is over a useless notification that Samsung or Google thought was great. I don't even care if the notification pops up, but at least have it time out in 10 seconds. I really don't think my reasons for wanting the screen on is relevant, it's the useless notification.

Is this the app?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.jamworks.noheadsup&token=yf7QnU5t

I have haven't researched the developer or gone through the reviews. One of the first three reviews did say it doesn't require root.

OP, have you seen this app that was posted in the thread? I'm going to just test it for other pop up notifications, but I can't test it for the battery notification as my phone doesn't have that. Can you maybe test it and see if it works?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I have the app, it stopped the Hangouts heads up and just did a status bar notification. Hopefully another person or team member that has the battery pop-up, can test it. Seems to me it has a good chance to work. You choose what apps to allow heads up, not choose which ones to turn off. In theory, that should mean no pop-ups unless you give them permission.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO