What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Hangouts and Gmail vs. Samsung Messages and Samsung Email?

They both do the same thing, but is there any reason why I should considering using one over the other?

Thanks for your input!
    04-05-2015 02:28 PM
    I use Samsung email for my corporate email and Gmail for my personal email. I just like to keep them separate.

For messaging, I've tried Hangouts and a few other 3rd party apps but none have been convincing enough to bother to change from the Samsung messaging.
    GalaxyManAD likes this.
    04-05-2015 02:37 PM
    I use Type Mail (formerly Blue Mail) because of its very simple and efficient automatic setup of all my email accounts including gmail, hotmail, and 3rd party ISP website email.
    I use the Samsung messaging because like PAPPCAM I haven't found any other that works better or has features I want bad enough to change.
    But most importantly, These Samsung apps and apps like Type Mail can be used in the two window multitasking feature of the Note 4. And for me, why would I purchase the Note 4 and not use apps that allow me to use the most important feature of the phone?
    GalaxyManAD likes this.
    04-05-2015 02:44 PM
    That is an interesting idea. I will try that. Could you help me out on another question I posted about searching contacts?
    04-05-2015 02:46 PM
    I also use Type Mail

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2015 02:49 PM
    I use Type Mail (formerly Blue Mail) because of its very simple and efficient automatic setup of all my email accounts including gmail, hotmail, and 3rd party ISP website email.
    I use the Samsung messaging because like PAPPCAM I haven't found any other that works better or has features I want bad enough to change.
    But most importantly, These Samsung apps and apps like Type Mail can be used in the two window multitasking feature of the Note 4. And for me, why would I purchase the Note 4 and not use apps that allow me to use the most important feature of the phone?
    What is PAPPCAM? Sorry. I am new to Android. Can you also help me with my question about searching contacts? I just posted it. Thank you so much. Much appreciated!
    04-05-2015 02:49 PM
    What is PAPPCAM? Sorry. I am new to Android. Can you also help me with my question about searching contacts? I just posted it. Thank you so much. Much appreciated!
    the id of the person who posted immediately before my first post above.
    04-05-2015 02:54 PM
    Sorry about that... I feel dumb now. ;-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-05-2015 03:03 PM