Which one and why: Google Apps or Samsung apps?

GalaxyManAD

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Hangouts and Gmail vs. Samsung Messages and Samsung Email?

They both do the same thing, but is there any reason why I should considering using one over the other?

Thanks for your input!

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I use Samsung email for my corporate email and Gmail for my personal email. I just like to keep them separate.

For messaging, I've tried Hangouts and a few other 3rd party apps but none have been convincing enough to bother to change from the Samsung messaging.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use Type Mail (formerly Blue Mail) because of its very simple and efficient automatic setup of all my email accounts including gmail, hotmail, and 3rd party ISP website email.
I use the Samsung messaging because like PAPPCAM I haven't found any other that works better or has features I want bad enough to change.
But most importantly, These Samsung apps and apps like Type Mail can be used in the two window multitasking feature of the Note 4. And for me, why would I purchase the Note 4 and not use apps that allow me to use the most important feature of the phone?

GalaxyManAD

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I use Type Mail (formerly Blue Mail) because of its very simple and efficient automatic setup of all my email accounts including gmail, hotmail, and 3rd party ISP website email.
I use the Samsung messaging because like PAPPCAM I haven't found any other that works better or has features I want bad enough to change.
But most importantly, These Samsung apps and apps like Type Mail can be used in the two window multitasking feature of the Note 4. And for me, why would I purchase the Note 4 and not use apps that allow me to use the most important feature of the phone?

What is PAPPCAM? Sorry. I am new to Android. Can you also help me with my question about searching contacts? I just posted it. Thank you so much. Much appreciated!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
What is PAPPCAM? Sorry. I am new to Android. Can you also help me with my question about searching contacts? I just posted it. Thank you so much. Much appreciated!

the id of the person who posted immediately before my first post above.