Updated my Note4, Sprint carrier, to 5.0.1 and now no matter what vibration setting it's on will only do the long basic call for messages. I like the heartbeat notification cause it's quick and doesn't draw a lot of attention. I know not a huge deal but it shouldn't be stuck on one vibration setting with about 20 vibration settings on the phone. I even tried to make my own and that didn't work. I'm not very tech savvy but I did follow some directions to restart the phone and that didn't work. Please help
    04-06-2015 03:03 PM
    Try to clean the cache first, no data loss.
    Phone off, Press Volume UP, Home button and Power until it vibrates. From the menu that presents itself, use volume button to move about the menu and select Clear Dalvik Cache. Use power button to select or like enter button. Then it will be on re-boot phone, select that and it will reboot. No data loss.
    If that doesn't work perhaps a master reset is in order. You will lose all data with master reset, so back everything up and then you will have to set up each app again. It starts the phone out as if out of the box. Take SD card out if it is in there before doing it.
    Good Luck!
    Ron
    04-07-2015 02:11 PM
    Ya so about 2 weeks ago I cleared the cache didn't work... then I did the complete wipe clean restart and that didn't work either... I got this phone a couple months ago and had the old software and I loved it. I updated it about a month ago and it's been nothing but an endless hassle/problem since then.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-09-2015 10:43 AM