Love and hate relationship with this phone. Love the big screen, camera quality is great, s-pen is cool. But...

I am so annoyed all the time with a few different things,

1) Like how the phone is so 'touchy', no matter where you grab, touch or hold, seems something is always being triggered.
    * Open the camera app, go to hold it take a photo. oops goes back to home screen, miss the shot grrr
    * Hey, it didn't vibrate or ring.. oh look somehow it's in silent mode grrrr
    * unlock phone - gee I wonder what app is opened from being triggered by accident before it locked the last time

2) Lagging
    * touch something... delay, did it work? touch again, oh there it goes finally

3) Random errors
    * Unfortunately google has stopped
    * Unfortunately contacts has stopped

4) now with lollipop
    * Click play on voicemail, put phone to ear. nothing, ...look at it, oh its back to lock screen. Have to listen to voicemails on speaker phone only.

It's kinda like a car with cheap misc. parts that something is always not working right even though it has a ton of options.

Just had to vent, cheers!
    04-06-2015 02:50 PM
    Love and hate relationship with this phone. Love the big screen, camera quality is great, s-pen is cool. But...

1) Like how the phone is so 'touchy', no matter where you grab, touch or hold, seems something is always being triggered.
    * Open the camera app, go to hold it take a photo. oops goes back to home screen, miss the shot grrr
    * unlock phone - gee I wonder what app is opened from being triggered by accident before it locked the last time

2) Lagging

3) Random errors

4) now with lollipop
    * Click play on voicemail, put phone to ear. nothing, ...look at it, oh its back to lock screen. Have to listen to voicemails on speaker phone only.

It's kinda like a car with cheap misc. parts that something is always not working right even though it has a ton of options.

There's something wrong with your phone. Mine does none of that.
    Tatt2014, garrymcd, tsells and 2 others like this.
    04-06-2015 02:58 PM
    There's something wrong with your phone. Mine does none of that.
    This is just the phone, so many buttons on the case, near the bottom, on screen. Not a 'phone problem', just how it's designed

I've seen quite a ton of posts about it lagging
    2) Lagging

These here might be my phone in particular
    3) Random errors

This I'm sure is with all Verizon Note 4's on 5.01, the voicemail screen has touch buttons on the screen where your ear hits them. Did't do it with kitkats screen layout
    4) now with lollipop
    04-06-2015 03:10 PM

2) Lagging

3) Random errors

4) now with lollipop

I don't have any of these problems with mine. It was great with KitKat and even better now with Lollipop. Couldn't be happier. Well, until the Note 5 drops this fall.
    tsells likes this.
    04-06-2015 04:19 PM
    I'm sorry you are having so many issues with your Note 4. I wish I could help you. But, I haven't had your issues and wouldn't be able to troubleshoot with you. You could ask for a warranty replacement. Maybe it is just your device.

Note in my house!
    04-06-2015 04:33 PM
    It doesn't bother you how easy it is to launch or close an app by accident? Man, every time almost when I open the camera and grab on to hold it landscape for a photo, something gets bumped and opens or closes.
    04-06-2015 04:34 PM
    I have a case on mine that recessed the three side buttons (power / volume) and that has helped considerably. Otherwise, you go to grab the phone and if you hold it in the wrong place as you pull it out of your pocket, you're pressing a button. The case also gives me a somewhat better grip. There's also a setting to increase screen sensitivity under "Display", last option, make sure that's turned off. It's useful when you are wearing gloves, but otherwise it makes the screen really touchy.

2) Lagging
    Some things lag for me. Opening the Photo gallery while I'm in the camera app, especially. It seems to demand that all the thumbnails be generated before it will display anything, and sometimes that means you have to wait - sometimes quite a while. Other than that, I haven't noticed any really bad unexpected lagginess.

3) Random errors

4) now with lollipop
    Haven't had a major problem with either of the last two, but I don't use carrier voicemail and I've factory reset since the Lollipop upgrade.
    04-06-2015 04:35 PM
    This is just the phone, so many buttons on the case, near the bottom, on screen. Not a 'phone problem', just how it's designed

I've seen quite a ton of posts about it lagging
    2) Lagging

These here might be my phone in particular
    3) Random errors

This I'm sure is with all Verizon Note 4's on 5.01, the voicemail screen has touch buttons on the screen where your ear hits them. Did't do it with kitkats screen layout
    4) now with lollipop
    I do not have any of your issues in numbers 2, 3, or 4.
    Number 1 seems like user error, as that has never happened to me. (But I do have a thin case.)
    04-06-2015 04:37 PM
    I'm sure a case would help, I love it's big screen but the phone is already so big it feels like a Clip board in my pocket, I'm afraid a case would make it to where I'd have to install straps and wear it like a backpack
    04-06-2015 04:46 PM
    I've got to admit that I've struggled with erroneously hitting buttons on this phone much more often than on others before it. User error? I guess. But I 've never had this much problem before.
    04-06-2015 05:12 PM
    It doesn't bother you how easy it is to launch or close an app by accident? Man, every time almost when I open the camera and grab on to hold it landscape for a photo, something gets bumped and opens or closes.
    Had I experienced anything remotely close to what you described, I would not be a proud owner of the Note 4. Take it to the store and let them troublshoot. Perhaps they will replace it for you.
    04-06-2015 05:24 PM

Turn on voice command with the camera. Then, just say shoot... :-) this works much better for me.

* unlock phone - gee I wonder what app is opened from being triggered by accident before it locked the last time.
    I have not experienced this personally. I wonder if you have the option for increasing touch sensitivity turned on? My husband had this turned on for a while because of the life force case that he had, but it causes more problems than it was worth. Similar to what you are describing. If you have that on, I would try turning it off.

2) Lagging
    I did actually have this problem. by disabling a few apps, including talkback, using Nova instead of TouchWiz, installing a lollipop, doing a factory reset, and disabling animation in developer mode, I seem to have completely eliminated those issues.

now that I have done those things, there is absolutely positively no lag on anything anywhere anytime. The phone is amazingly fast, almost freakishly so...

3) Random errors
    Yes, I have seen unfortunately contacts have stopped a few times, but I have not seen it since I upgraded to lollipop, although it might still happen?

4) now with lollipop
    Again, I think you need to check that touch sensitivity setting... I do not have this problem myself.

But again, it sounds like something that could be attributed to this setting. it caused all kinds of craziness on my husband's phone, and we didn't know what was going on for quite awhile until I just took his phone and started playing with it and discovered that he had turned that setting on.

we turned it off, and his phone was no longer demonically possessed...

I hope the comments help...

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2015 07:03 PM
    I always use a case and the first one I had (a Seidio Surface) had no side rocker button covers so I was constantly hitting the two side rocker switches and turning the volume down/off w/o realizing it & the screen on while trying to grab the phone out of my pocket. The second (a Seido Convert which was pure garbage) had side rocker button covers w/o any resistance so I had the same problem. The third (an Otterbox Defender) has side rocker button covers w/ a decent amount of resistance so now I don't accidentally activate the side rocker buttons nearly as much but I still accidentally activate them.

So if you're not using a case or using a case w/o side rocker button covers/covers w/ no resistance I know it's a problem accidentally activating the side rocker buttons. I actually called AT&T tech support because I thought something was wrong w/ my N4 not realizing I had accidentally turned the volume off. Because of its size, the N4 is difficult for me to handle w/o accidentally activating the side rocker buttons & I don't have small hands.
    04-06-2015 10:51 PM
    I prefer the old style notifications and how it would just scroll up in the notification bar rather than this new pop up method. I was using navigation and when I received a hangout message, the pop up covered up my directions at the top and wouldn't go away unless I swiped it away.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    04-07-2015 09:32 AM
    Also, in not sure if this is a lollipop thing but it only starting doing this after I updated my phone but if I have both Pocketcast and Play Music paused on my notification shade, the two notifications keep switching back and forth on the list.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    04-07-2015 09:50 AM
    Sounds like you bought the wrong phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    beh likes this.
    04-07-2015 10:24 AM

Sounds like you bought the wrong phone.
    Yes, should'a bought one that wasn't so annoying LOL

Checked touch, it's not set to high sensitivity. It's just the phone design. Not defective, not broke, just too many places to accidentally hit something period.
    04-07-2015 02:08 PM