Hello All,

So I have enjoyed a full day in use with the Android 5.0 with my Note 4 and I must say its fixed a ton of issues I was having prior. The only potential problem I am having right now is the location services, "searching for GPS " keeps showing up ever so often and by that I mean often. I haven't noticed it kill my battery and the only three apps using location services are stating that the usage is low.

This is annoying me that I cannot figure out what is using the GPS. All apps are closed, location services are disabled within Google, and any other unnecessary apps.

Could this be the clock? Timezone? I'm about to go through all my apps and see what location services some of them could be using but I thought I would reach out to the community first and see what happens.

If anyone has experienced this or has any opinion please let me know. I'd love to know what the GPS is going and how I can stop this from happening so often.

Thanks community!
    04-06-2015 10:31 PM
    Turn location services on in Google then tap and hold the location icon in the Notifications shade. From the submenu select powersaving mode. That will keep the weather app and any other app that requires a location to work correctly happy and will have minimal impact on the battery life.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    04-07-2015 12:36 AM
    That's what I did is put it on power save and never had the problem again. .
    B . Diddy helped me out with that and I'm so thankful! ! It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 10:25 AM
    That's what I did is put it on power save and never had the problem again. .
    B . Diddy helped me out with that and I'm so thankful! ! It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Yea but then you're only running on fewer processors and the handset runs more choppy. At least it does for me. I tried that a little while ago and it was pretty brutal. Couldn't handle it so I had to turn power saving off.

Also figured out it was Unified Daemon that was running like mad. The data didn't bother seeing that I have an unlimited plan but the battery life was crushing me. I've disabled unified daemon and the GPS hasn't show up since. I don't need the stock weather widget anyway.
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    04-07-2015 09:24 PM
    I don't want to take mine off high accuracy because my family and I use locations to track each other and I don't want to depend just on the network if I am out on the road.

Earlier my location icon was going crazy. I turned off my screen, turned it back on and it chilled. I also got 16 hours out of my battery today with seven percent left over and I was using the phone all day.

04-07-2015 10:20 PM
    Yea but then you're only running on fewer processors and the handset runs more choppy. At least it does for me. I tried that a little while ago and it was pretty brutal. Couldn't handle it so I had to turn power saving off.

Also figured out it was Unified Daemon that was running like mad. The data didn't bother seeing that I have an unlimited plan but the battery life was crushing me. I've disabled unified daemon and the GPS hasn't show up since. I don't need the stock weather widget anyway.
    Powersaving mode in the gps/location not the overall system! But then reading your other post about dropping the N4, it's very likely that the gps took a bit as well.
    RionDunn likes this.
    04-07-2015 11:01 PM
    Powersaving mode in the gps/location not the overall system! But then reading your other post about dropping the N4, it's very likely that the gps took a bit as well.
    I have put the location services in power saving mode and haven't even see the GPS show up for a while now. Why the hell would this happen after I installed android 5.0.1? This I didn't happen on 4.4.4. Is lollipop broken?
    04-08-2015 06:06 AM
    I have put the location services in power saving mode and haven't even see the GPS show up for a while now. Why the hell would this happen after I installed android 5.0.1? This I didn't happen on 4.4.4. Is lollipop broken?
    With powersaving mode selected in the location services I never see the gps unless I use navigation apps.
    04-08-2015 06:12 AM
    With powersaving mode selected in the location services I never see the gps unless I use navigation apps.
    Using navigation apps, they turn the high accuracy back on in order to use it.
    04-08-2015 08:33 AM
    Had a similar issue. I went into Location settings and stopped everything using locations services one by one until I hit the one that was constantly using the GPS. For me it was something called "Live weather" I disabled it and after a while turned it back on, no more GPS searching.
    04-08-2015 08:41 AM