04-09-2015 07:00 AM
32 12
tools
    After several days with lollipop and a somewhat of a sluggish device I decided to bite the bullet, and do a factory reset.

What a world of difference it does make on my Verizon Note 4...very responsive and transitions are as smooth as glass.

I have owned the Note 2, 3 and 4. And if the Note 5 is a breakthrough technology device I might end up going for it!

All the best!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 04:46 PM
    It may be too early to tell, but is your battery life as good as it was on Kit Kat? If not, that 10% performance increase is negated IMO. Personally, I'd rather have better battery life than a slight bump in overall performance.
    Unfortunately, any answer that I give will be... subjective... :-)

It seems to be either the same, or perhaps a little better, but the problem is I have nothing other than my gut feeling to go on.

Is there a way to really tell for sure?

I will say this, though... my totally subjective feeling is that my phone performs more than 10% better. I just wish there was a more scientific way to really prove that. I will say that part of my perception might be based on the fact that the relatively minor "lag" issues I had are completely gone now.
    04-07-2015 04:52 PM
    My phone scored higher on the AnTuTu benchmark after Lollipop too but that doesn't make any difference to me when the Lollipop OS is less functional than Kit Kat was for the way I use my phone. The most irritating thing to me about Lollipop is the lack of icon notifications in the upper area of the lockscreen. Now instead of knowing if I need to unlock the phone to view the notifications on the Homescreen I have to unlock it every time the LED flashes to know what activity occurred. So multiple times every day I have to unlock my phone when the LED is flashing. Google knows it's a mistake because they're bringing the lockscreen notifications back in 5.1. I can't use the Lockscreen notifications because they cover up my lockscreen message which contains my ICE #'s and I haven't taken the time to edit my lockscreen picture to include that info on it. And I flat out don't like the Lollipop larger notifications.

I was well satisfied with Kit Kat. I don't like Lollipop.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    04-07-2015 08:26 PM
    ...The most irritating thing to me about Lollipop is the lack of icon notifications in the upper area of the lockscreen...<snip>...Google knows it's a mistake because they're bringing the lockscreen notifications back in 5.1.
    Now that you mention it, I do kind of miss that... I hope they bring it back correctly in 5.1. Thanks for the post!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-07-2015 09:53 PM
    Yep. My new phone is Android 5.0 lollipop. It's better any other android system.
    04-08-2015 09:54 PM
    My phone scored higher on the AnTuTu benchmark after Lollipop too but that doesn't make any difference to me when the Lollipop OS is less functional than Kit Kat was for the way I use my phone. The most irritating thing to me about Lollipop is the lack of icon notifications in the upper area of the lockscreen. Now instead of knowing if I need to unlock the phone to view the notifications on the Homescreen I have to unlock it every time the LED flashes to know what activity occurred. So multiple times every day I have to unlock my phone when the LED is flashing. Google knows it's a mistake because they're bringing the lockscreen notifications back in 5.1. I can't use the Lockscreen notifications because they cover up my lockscreen message which contains my ICE #'s and I haven't taken the time to edit my lockscreen picture to include that info on it. And I flat out don't like the Lollipop larger notifications.

I was well satisfied with Kit Kat. I don't like Lollipop.
    Have you tried using NiLS floating lock screen widget? Its what I used with kitkat, and will allow you to still get notifications on the lock screen without the clock resizing.
    04-09-2015 01:34 AM
    My last test on KK was 45,525.
    Most recent test on L was 52,525.

Posted via Galaxy Note 4
    04-09-2015 07:00 AM
32 12